talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

With his contract renewal still up in the air - what's the odds on Mo Salah being their first signing to appease the fans?

£500k a week!

As if Salah would waste the peak years of his career trying to get Newcastle into the Europa League

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Well Qatar and UAE didn't buy clubs to make a profit. The motivations that have been documented will be exactly the same with MBS...

- Reputation laundering

- Sports washing

- Opportunity to offer alternative story about Country to the rest of the World.

European football offers the best platform to achieve all those objectives. 

The purpose of building that reputation is because the PIF plan to grow their portfolio to $4 trillion over the next 10-15 years. Qatar and UAE will look like nothing in comparison. They need reputation improvement to get more deals done, to build more trust for their Western business. Newcastle United is now a useful pawn in that as are the NHS and many others to come. PIF and Saudi money is going to be a major part of the restructuring of the UK and US in decarbonisation and the move to a green society. They're already heavily in the tech sector and part of your daily life to the tune of billions and billions. With each year that passes your pension is going to be more and more dependent on the PIF. It's most likely that Joe Biden bottled sanctions because we are already at the point of no return. Many might not realise it yet, but the ambition of the PIF, if it comes to full fruition, is going to emphatically and overwhelmingly tie your life to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Despite all the negatives surrounding this take over Newcastle fans are probably just pleased to see the back of Ashley finally.. 

There will be plenty of time to slag them off as being plastic oil rich title buying scum etc much later... B|

In all seriousness have you seen the money these lot have to throw around.. 350BN which is 10 times the worth of Man Cheaty and 5 times the worth of PSG... Abramovich is very much a pauper by comparison... xD

Good luck to them... I can see a season or two and City not winning the CL that Pep will jump ship and be last seen swimming full pelt up the Tyne where riches and glory await... 

I'm close to this view too.

Given that the premier league has welcomed questionable money from all over the globe I don't see why Newcastle fans should feel they need to stay away.

Some will on principle and that is also understandable.

Strange this change has happened after the transfer window has closed so they cannot change things on the pitch immediately.

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

With his contract renewal still up in the air - what's the odds on Mo Salah being their first signing to appease the fans?

£500k a week!

More chance of Newcastle resigning Peter Beardsley.

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Available at a ridiculously cheap price for the profit they will be able to make as some point.

Do you think these guys care about making profit?

I think it's because the Premier League is the biggest league in the world which means they get to show off the most here. Newcastle United were just the club that were desperate to sell. If Liverpool were desperate to sell, they'd have no problem dropping a billion for them.

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I think it's because the Premier League is the biggest league in the world which means they get to show off the most here. Newcastle United were just the club that were desperate to sell. If Liverpool were desperate to sell, they'd have no problem dropping a billion for them.

To Newcastles credit, with the size of the support, the passion for football within the local area and the size of the stadium they are absolutely the first club I would buy if I had a bottomless pit of cash. It sets them a part from all the other clubs outside the top four. The foundations to improve significantly are already there.

To say they are 'the only club desperate to sell' when it's a known fact that the majority of Premier League clubs have been willing to sell since Amanda Staveley's first visit almost four years ago comes across as condescending.

14 minutes ago, 6666 said:

In the short term? No. Long term? Absolutely. They need to run some form of profit to at least make the FFP look somewhat reasonable. Otherwise it’s just really taking the piss.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

In the short term? No. Long term? Absolutely. They need to run some form of profit to at least make the FFP look somewhat reasonable. Otherwise it’s just really taking the piss.

They just have to do what City and PSG do and have other their companies funnel money in as sponsorships and they can easily get passed FFP.

It’s sportwashing or whatever they call it. That’s why non-Newcastle fans that go to matches should design chants/banners around things like dismembered journalists, starving out Yemen, and their support for groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda.

MBS bought them to try to make the West forget, so it’s probably a good idea to make sure it’s not forgotten each time they play.

If we assume the Top 4 aren't selling. That Arsenal, Spurs & Leicester owners are all reasonably content. FWIW, Villa's are in early years of a plan... Newcastle kind of are very much a stand out name for anyone who thinks they have the cash to splash at doing a Chelsea or a Man City.

Saudi? Russian? China? Abu Dhabi? Just a mountain of contributing multi generational global fans? Not sure I feel too bothered. I do have much more concern directly about controls over what they can & can't do.

These guys first job is presumably to buy into the Top 8. That's how stacked & crazy it is right now. But it is what it is.

1 minute ago, Reluctant Striker said:

If we assume the Top 4 aren't selling. That Arsenal, Spurs & Leicester owners are all reasonably content. FWIW, Villa's are in early years of a plan... Newcastle kind of are very much a stand out name for anyone who thinks they have the cash to splash at doing a Chelsea or a Man City.

Saudi? Russian? China? Abu Dhabi? Just a mountain of contributing multi generational global fans? Not sure I feel too bothered. I do have much more concern directly about controls over what they can & can't do.

These guys first job is presumably to buy into the Top 8. That's how stacked & crazy it is right now. But it is what it is.

I don’t think Arsenal will ever be rid of Kroenke because he once said something along the lines of “the love English fans have for their teams makes them an incredibly exploitable asset” at a conference.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think Arsenal will ever be rid of Kroenke because he once said something along the lines of “the love English fans have for their teams makes them an incredibly exploitable asset” at a conference.

He should follow the Glazer model. And drop dead.

• Upvote 1