talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
11 hours ago, nudge said:

WHO said there are 8 recorded cases of human to human transmission in 4 countries outside China - namely the Vietnam, Germany, Japan and the US. I believe there's one reported in South Korea today too.

Italy is the first country to close all incoming and outgoing air traffic to China after two confirmed cases in Rome.

Think UK did the same yesterday as well.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Think UK did the same yesterday as well.

Only British Airways though. A number of international airlines did the same. 

Italy's government announced state of emergency for 6 months and banned all flights to/from China. 

Georgia, Israel, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, North Korea, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea and Tuvalu also suspended all China flights. Russia closed the border with China. Singapore banned entry for Chinese citizens. 

6 hours ago, Eco said:

Outbreaks are being reported in the States. 

So far they seem to be mainly on the West Coast, with nothing reported here in Atlanta...yet. 

West Coast & Chicago it looks like.

Delta & American Airline stopping all flights to/from China.

• Subscriber

Latest update from China:

11821 confirmed cases (+2101 since yesterday) - 1795 of those in serious or critical condition (+268).
17988 suspected cases (+2750).
259 deaths (+46).
243 recoveries (+72).

International data:

156 confirmed cases in 23 countries + Hongkong, Macau and Taiwan. UK, Russia and Spain recorded their first cases today.

Utwvv37.png

2 hours ago, nudge said:

11821 confirmed cases (+2101 since yesterday) - 1795 of those in serious or critical condition (+268).
17988 suspected cases (+2750).
259 deaths (+46).
243 recoveries (+72).

International data:

156 confirmed cases in 23 countries + Hongkong, Macau and Taiwan. UK, Russia and Spain recorded their first cases today.

Utwvv37.png

In La Gomera! 20,000 inhabitants, no airport O.o

La_Gomera_NWW.png

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

In La Gomera! 20,000 inhabitants, no airport O.o

La_Gomera_NWW.png

Weirdly enough it's a German tourist (?) who earlier came into contact with one of the infected Germans in Bavaria who caught it from a visiting co-worker from Shanghai who caught it from her parents who visited her from Wuhan earlier in China O.o the contagiousness is quite incredible. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, nudge said:

Weirdly enough it's a German tourist (?) who earlier came into contact with one of the infected Germans in Bavaria who caught it from a visiting co-worker from Shanghai who caught it from her parents who visited her from Wuhan earlier in China O.o the contagiousness is quite incredible. 

Sounds like a dodgy transfer link you get from someone claiming to be in the know xD

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nudge said:

The Wu-han clan ain't nothing to fuck with.

• Haha 2

• Subscriber

14411 confirmed cases (+2590 since yesterday) - 2110 of those in serious or critical condition (+315).
19544 suspected cases (+1556).
304 deaths (+45).
328 recoveries (+85).

A big rise in confirmed cases as well as a worrying rise in cases in serious/critical condition. On the other hand the number of recoveries has also increased significantly whereas the rise in counts of deaths stayed pretty much the same as yesterday.

There's reportedly 169 international cases (+13) but I don't have a neat graph mapping it at the moment.

• Subscriber

First death outside China... 

"A 44-year-old male is confirmed as the second person with the 2019 novel coronavirus acute respiratory disease (2019-nCoV) in the Philippines. He passed away on 1 February 2020."

4 hours ago, nudge said:

First death outside China... 

"A 44-year-old male is confirmed as the second person with the 2019 novel coronavirus acute respiratory disease (2019-nCoV) in the Philippines. He passed away on 1 February 2020."

Yes Nudge, I just read that myself. It is frightening how this deadly disease in spreading so rapidly. I really hope that it can be contained as quickly as possible. Being in Vietnam, you are on the border with China, I hope things aren't that bad where you are. I am currently in the Middle East for work and this virus has arrived in this region as well.

The number of coronavirus cases around the world has overtaken the Sars epidemic which was spread in 2003. This is quite worrying, especially for those living in China and the Far East.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

17238 confirmed cases (+2827 since yesterday) - 2296 of those in serious or critical condition (+186).
21558 suspected cases (+2014).
361 deaths (+57).
475 recoveries (+147).

The number of recoveries is increasing nicely.

The number of confirmed cases outside mainland China has risen to 183 (+24); 1 death (in Philippines).

jttJeNk.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, nudge said:

17238 confirmed cases (+2827 since yesterday) - 2296 of those in serious or critical condition (+186).
21558 suspected cases (+2014).
361 deaths (+57).
475 recoveries (+147).

The number of recoveries is increasing nicely.

The number of confirmed cases outside mainland China has risen to 183 (+24); 1 death (in Philippines).

jttJeNk.png

I think we're going to see these numbers decrease drastically in two weeks from now. It's shocking how fast this thing has spread and I am even wondering if some of these countries are reporting the right numbers. China is going to take some time to recover from this.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I think we're going to see these numbers decrease drastically in two weeks from now. It's shocking how fast this thing has spread and I am even wondering if some of these countries are reporting the right numbers. China is going to take some time to recover from this.

The forecast model is predicting the peak in April - honestly I'm not sure how real the reported numbers are (apparently there's a bottleneck due to limited testing capacity) and I wonder if we're going to see more local outbreaks in some other countries given that it took over a month until it got fully blown in Wuhan. It's a massive hit for China for sure; the impact on economy alone is going to be huge. 

The increasing number of recoveries is expected and should continue to grow exponentially; if the predicted fatality rate of approx. 2% is correct then it's still huge given how many people get infected.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

The forecast model is predicting the peak in April - honestly I'm not sure how real the reported numbers are (apparently there's a bottleneck due to limited testing capacity) and I wonder if we're going to see more local outbreaks in some other countries given that it took over a month until it got fully blown in Wuhan. It's a massive hit for China for sure; the impact on economy alone is going to be huge. 

The increasing number of recoveries is expected and should continue to grow exponentially; if the predicted fatality rate of approx. 2% is correct then it's still huge given how many people get infected.

You seem very desperate for this to be some massive disaster xD

• Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

You seem very desperate for this to be some massive disaster xD

Desperate? How come? Because I follow the development of it? O.o I think it's pretty clear that it's unlikely to be an issue in the West. China and surrounding nations is a different beast altogether though. 

• The title was changed to Deadly Virus Outbreak (Coronavirus) in China