Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

I am devastated :(

RIP Kobe.

• Sad 1

What the fuck? :o:(

Changed sport as we know it. Not just basketball. Awful news. Heartbroken just as everyone else.

If anyone is going to come in here and tell us to take this to an American Sports section, have a word with yourselves. He’s one of the most beloved athletes in history. Not only that but he came across as a genuine top fella.

RIP Kobe :( 

6 minutes ago, Vader said:

If anyone is going to come in here and tell us to take this to an American Sports section

who would? we don't even have an American sports section?

Just now, Stan said:

who would? we don't even have an American sports section?

Had a guy just a while ago tell me to fuck the Kobe news off to an “American sports section”.

this anti-American mentality from Brits embarrasses me. Same goes for vice versa.

Just now, Vader said:

Had a guy just a while ago tell me to fuck the Kobe news off to an “American sports section”.

this anti-American mentality from Brits embarrasses me. Same goes for vice versa.

He's not on here though.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

He's not on here though.

It annoyed me and tbh wouldn’t have surprised me to see it here too.

Anyways, I’m in shock about this news and took it as if it was my own family. :( 

So unexpected.... RIP to Kobe and the other 4 people on board.

More and more I’m convinced Helicopters should be used for professional use only.

I nearly went on the Helicopter to Niihau on my Hawaii trip and I opted out cos I heard there were many Helicopter crashes in that same year on the same island.

Compared to commercial planes, Helicopters are much more dangerous. 

• Like 1

One of the most iconic sports people this century. His impact and influence on a generation throughout his 20 year career for the Lakers will never be underestimated. Society has lost out on somebody that seemed like a great ambassador, mentor and most importantly a great human. My thoughts and prayers are with his family as well as those of the other unfortunate people who were on the helicopter.

• Upvote 1

His family weren’t on board were they? 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

His family weren’t on board were they? 

One of his daughters has passed away. Just 13 years old.

43 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

One of his daughters has passed away. Just 13 years old.

Heart breaking. 

22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Heart breaking. 

Absolutely. Although I'd heard initially he had four daughters on board which would have been a whole other level of tragic

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Take this to the American Sports section ffs.

Not enough, need to make a whole sub-forum for it!

Horrible, I cant believe what I've read. Absolutely horrendous news, so incredibly sad. RIP. 

Confirmed that Kobe's daughter, Gianna only 13 died in the crash too. Also Gianna's basketball teammate, her parent and pilot died. 

So heartbreaking :(

• Sad 1

Kobe is dead. It still feels unreal. He's been around since... forever. I remember buying a knockoff Lakers shirt in Turkey with his name on it. I still have that somewhere. Also one of the few athletes were you rarely use his last name when you talk about him. Everyone has been on a first name basis with him :D Aw, man. Such a shame. 

But let's not forget that four other people died too, including two children, I believe. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Kobe is dead. It still feels unreal. He's been around since... forever. I remember buying a knockoff Lakers shirt in Turkey with his name on it. I still have that somewhere. Also one of the few athletes were you rarely use his last name when you talk about him. Everyone has been on a first name basis with him :D Aw, man. Such a shame. 

But let's not forget that four other people died too, including two children, I believe. 

9 people. Just reported now. 

All perished. 

• Sad 1

Even as someone who never paid much attention to basketball, the news shocked me. One of those people whose name transcended the environment where they made their name.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

As a kid I had a picture of Kobe in my room. He was such a great player and he was more or less always around since I started watching and playing basketball. 

And what you said is very true. Doesn't matter with whom you played Basketball but whenever someone scores with great style someone would instantly shout "Kobe!".

RIP Kobe, your daughter and of course RIP to all the others who passed away. 

You'll be missed. 

• Sad 1