talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

The more I read of Ragnick, the more I hope he’s fucked off from this director role. Apparently he’s been leaving Paul Brand (head analyst) sitting twiddling his thumbs whilst receiving info from his lieutenant who we refused to bring in a while back. Kornetka has been on the phone to Ralf during games to give him live feedback. You know, watching on the television rather than actually fucking using the man in the position in the stadium to do it. I genuinely think he’s a bit of a snake oil salesman and we’ve been utterly fucking duped. 

We put in charge a bloke who hadn’t managed a team for ten years in charge of a bunch of mercenaries and expected what exactly? He clearly abandoned tactics 2 games in because we clearly don’t have the personnel. Whilst I admire the approach of throwing certain players under the bus, he’s never once analysed his own short comings in the man management department. 

Good riddance to a truly awful experiment.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

The more I read of Ragnick, the more I hope he’s fucked off from this director role. Apparently he’s been leaving Paul Brant (head analyst) sitting twiddling his thumbs whilst receiving info from his lieutenant who we refused to bring in a while back. Kornetka has been on the phone to Ralf during games to give him live feedback. You know, watching on the television rather than actually fucking using the man in the position in the stadium to do it. I genuinely think he’s a bit of a snake oil salesman and we’ve been utterly fucking duped. 

We put in charge a bloke who hadn’t managed a team for ten years in charge of a bunch of mercenaries and expected what exactly? He clearly abandoned tactics 2 games in because we clearly don’t have the personnel. Whilst I admire the approach of throwing certain players under the bus, he’s never once analysed his own short comings in the man management department. 

Good riddance to a truly awful experiment.

Didn't he appoint himself manager at Fizzy Drink Leipzig? I think he'd only been out of management for a season or so by the time you'd asked him to take over.

Tbh, I dunno anything about Paul Brant or how long he's been at the role - but if he was there during the Solsjaker time (or before)... I'm not sure I necessarily blame Rangnick for disregarding his opinion. Not sure he's been the greatest analyst.

Having said that, relying on someone watching the match on TV rather than listening someone at the stadium who's meant to aiding the interpreting of a match for the manager is appallingly bad. If he didn't trust Brant and he didn't get his man in, United should have worked for them to bring in a mutually agreeable person to take that head analyst role.

In hindsight it's clear he wasn't a good appointment, I think there's a pretty big step up in stature and expectation from one of the fizzy pop sides to Man Utd... even a shit Man Utd that looks far from the heights the fans got used to in the last few decades. Regardless of whether he was a massive influence on Klopp, Tuchel, etc... it was pretty clear United's squad was not cut out to play that sort of football.

I still think the players are a far bigger issue than any manager, tbh. When you've got enough players like Pogba and Maguire that act like they should be treated as world class because they are at United because of huge transfer fees and are on huge wages... rather than their actual performances... it's a problem for any club. No player should be acting like their move to another club is a kudos for how good they are (and I really believe Maguire thinks he plays for United because he is world class and deserves to play for United) - especially at a club that actually has any aspirations of being good.

I don’t think I buy into the stuff about the bloke in Russia too much. I mean it depends on what sort of advice he’s receiving. For example it couldn’t be empirical, sort of advice most forward thinking managers receive in game these days.

Brand has been with the club since 2013, brought in just after Ferguson. @Dannytheres a reason we’ve been taking the piss out of ‘airpods boy’ as our assistant for months now. We’ve literally been receiving data during the game from this guy. It’s utterly fucking bizarre. Andy Mitten has been talking about it for a fair while now on UWS podcast and the Athletic. 

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Brand has been with the club since 2013, brought in just after Ferguson. @Dannytheres a reason we’ve been taking the piss out of ‘airpods boy’ as our assistant for months now. We’ve literally been receiving data during the game from this guy. It’s utterly fucking bizarre. Andy Mitten has been talking about it for a fair while now on UWS podcast and the Athletic. 

Got any decent articles as to why he’s not been good for the club? I can only listen to so many podcasts lol

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Brand has been with the club since 2013, brought in just after Ferguson. @Danny

I can’t the delete the @Danny for some reason xD - sorry for the notification.

But… I also wouldn’t listen to this guy and would want him binned off too. How many managers has he “helped” now with his analysis as United have gotten worse.

Extend the guys contract though

As somebody that was all for the Ragnick overhaul when he was appointed I'm surprised that he's being kept on given that he's taken another role with the Austria national team. 

I know ten Hag is used to being a clog in a wheel without a defined style of play but having Ragnick enforce a footballing philosophy that's guided Manchester United to there worst Premier League finish ever whilst just seems like a question of when and not if that Manchester United tear up the script and start again.

The fact Bruno Guimares slipped through the net is a real concern. It feels like Manchester United need to become the 'Dortmund before Dortmund' for a rebuild to phase out the ridiculously high paid players that have been there since Mourinho and are no where near the wages they get paid. Newcastle picking up Bruno suggests to me they've got there fingers on the pulse a lot quicker than United when it comes to that quality of young talent.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can’t the delete the @Danny for some reason xD - sorry for the notification.

But… I also wouldn’t listen to this guy and would want him binned off too. How many managers has he “helped” now with his analysis as United have gotten worse.

Extend the guys contract though

I don’t think you can blame an analyst for Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho et al. They pass on info, but playing styles, personnel brought in etc has nothing to do with them. If the players are lazy, overpaid and have zero desire, there’s nothing you can do. We need at least 10 outs and ins. Young, hungry players. Not TOP NAMES, a decent scouting system picking up the next Andy Robertson, not the next Wan Bissaka. 

Dea Gea - Run down contract, look to replace

Henderson - sell/loan

Heaton - Backup

Dalot - Backup

AWB - Sell/Loan

Shaw - Backup

Maguire - Last chance, sell

Varane - Last chance, sell

Lindelof - Sell

Tuanzabe - Sell

Mengi - Keep/Loan

Williams - Backup/Loan

Pogba - Eat a bag of dicks

Lingard - Eat a bag of dicks

Mata - Release

Periera - Sell

Amad - Keep

Fred - Keep

Bruno - Keep

Pellistri - Loan

VDB - One year, then keep/sell

Garner - Squad player

McTominay - Squad player

Mejbri - Keep

Shoretire - Loan

Greenwood - PRISON

Sancho - Build the team off him

Elanga - Loan (genuinely not good enough)

Chong - Sell

Garnacho - Keep

Ronaldo - Keep

Rashford - Sell

What a fucking mess we’re in.

• Haha 1

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I don’t think you can blame an analyst for Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho et al. They pass on info, but playing styles, personnel brought in etc has nothing to do with them. If the players are lazy, overpaid and have zero desire, there’s nothing you can do. We need at least 10 outs and ins. Young, hungry players. Not TOP NAMES, a decent scouting system picking up the next Andy Robertson, not the next Wan Bissaka. 

Dea Gea - Run down contract, look to replace

Henderson - sell/loan

Heaton - Backup

Dalot - Backup

Shaw - Backup

Mengi - Keep/Loan

Williams - Backup/Loan

Amad - Keep

Fred - Keep

Bruno - Keep

VDB - One year, then keep/sell

Garner - Squad player

McTominay - Squad player

Mejbri - Keep

Sancho - Build the team off him

Garnacho - Keep

Ronaldo - Keep

What a fucking mess we’re in.

When you look at what's left, it becomes clear how much investment is needed. But not just big-name players to sell some shirts, but players that actually add value in terms of what they can give to the team.

One thing that is noticeable of what's left is the lack of leaders - Ronaldo & De Gea are pretty much the only two. Arguably Fernandes but not for me. 

Most successful teams of late have the spine of the team as integral figures of the side - Man City have Ederson, Dias, De Bruyne, Gundogan, etc.

Liverpool have Alisson, Van Dijk, Henderson, Salah/Mane. 

Real a few years ago had Ramos, Casemiro, Modric, Benzema. 

I'd say that you probably need more of those leaders to get you where you want to be. The talent can be built around that and what is already there.  

I think there are probably two reasons RR won’t be at the club next season, neither of which are directly attributable to him. Firstly, I’m not sure Ten Hag wanted him. Secondly, and more importantly, I think the revelations he made about the state of the club and the inadequacy of the players has been so unpalatable and embarrassing to the club’s hierarchy, that they’ve decided to fuck him off asap.

• Upvote 1

New level of respect for Rangnick.

Turns up halfway through the season and gets United to essentially announce they’re giving up on trying to do well this season but it’s alright he’s going to be a consultant.

Spends months pissing off the players and fans.

Collects his paycheck and leaves.

Waste of time and money, should have kept the Norwegian Garth Southgate wannabe or Carrick all season.

And they Glazers are giving themselves an £11m dividend despite United having serious losses last season xD

• Haha 2

What an absolute shitshow xD, lucky for United the media landscape in general is as cluttered as can be, so it’s going under the radar a bit in terms of the actual grandiose scale of a failure this all was. 

• 2 weeks later...