talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

On 13/11/2023 at 10:27, The Palace Fan said:

Some rumours that Dougie Freedman is off to Man United.

He's very meticulous when it comes to signing players, he'd rather not sign anybody than sign the wrong player, so the days of you signing duds would at least be over.

His favoured approach of waiting until the end of the window to conclude deals would infuriate everybody though, so I wonder if he'd alter that given the vast sums of money at his disposal and the increased media spotlight.

Hopefully you're still willing to pay Man United prices for Guehi, Olise and Eze.

50m more than they are worth

This has loan written all over it, the situation with our club is totally pathetic for a club of our size.

I don't think he's a bad player but he's not a good finishers and he doesn't know if he's a striker or a wide man. We've got a few of them already.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I guess they are short of bang average inconsistent wide players who you don’t really know where they play.

Tbf it wouldn't be the first time a player moves to Chelsea, looks underwhelming, goes elsewhere and gets another big English club interested in him. Granted, his goalscoring record in his second stint at Shit Beverage Leipzig FC doesn't really indicate that he's improved at all.

Having said that, he's probably an upgrade on Martial (how is Martial still at United?) and/or Antony (who's hilariously shit tbh) even if he's not improved at all and is going to be as inconsistent as he was at Chelsea.

On 27/11/2023 at 21:06, The Palace Fan said:

I guess they are short of bang average inconsistent wide players who you don’t really know where they play.

If the manager is interested in this signing. Am sorry but he shouldn't be given another penny to spend.

Every player throws every manager under the bus. As much as we say how are they being set up etc, I’ll say the same thing time and time again. Where’s the fight? Where’s the effort? Again, these cunts will outlast another manager whilst being the number one reason we’re shite. Fuck them all.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I only saw parts of the game tonight but Martial, Antony, Rashford must all be infuriating for Man Utd fans. Absolute shite defeatist body language. And that's not to mention Sancho who isn't even turning up at the moment.

I think we've all been saying it for years now. Any successful Man Utd manager needs licence to bomb out this entire squad over the course of several seasons, stop signing wannabe galacticos, stop handing out 250k a week contracts until there's a team on the pitch that deserve to be valued that highly. For all the banter about the likes of Maguire and McTominay, those are a couple of the ones who actually have the professionalism and desire to form the core of a team the fans can actually identify with again. If this process means a few years out of the Champions League or even Europe altogether then so be it. It would actually do them good to become a less attractive destination for players because currently they're the place to go for players who want a 5 year contract on Man City wages without ever having to actually produce the Man City standards.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Devil said:

Time to say goodbye for me, hes had a bit of luck recently fixture wise but the moment we play decent sides we dont look competitive.

Newcastle aren't as good as we made them look tonight. How it was only 1-0, madness.

the second point I agree with, 1-0 was flattery and it was the most dominant 1-0 you could get.  Took 83 minutes to get a corner and 2 shots at goal is the lowest total Yanited have had since we did it to you last season at SJP.

many pundits have been saying that we have past you, maybe it's true, to be spanked by a weakened team twice in weeks is probably enough proof and the deep rooted issues at Man United will remain even if a manager is changed,  Rashford is on his sixth manager now with a 350k contract.

The weird thing with ETH is that he's somehow managed to not buy himself any good will in any sense.

If there was one aspect of his coaching/managing that seemed promising I would be more inclined to say "it would be stupid to sack him now", but is there? If the results were crap but there was a clear style, or if he was re-shaping the squad, or changing the attitude of the team, or even if he was just likeable, that would be something.

But he's chucked absolutely everything out the window in the hopes of scraping together enough results to save himself, and it doesn't seem to be working.

3 hours ago, Inverted said:

The weird thing with ETH is that he's somehow managed to not buy himself any good will in any sense.

If there was one aspect of his coaching/managing that seemed promising I would be more inclined to say "it would be stupid to sack him now", but is there? If the results were crap but there was a clear style, or if he was re-shaping the squad, or changing the attitude of the team, or even if he was just likeable, that would be something.

But he's chucked absolutely everything out the window in the hopes of scraping together enough results to save himself, and it doesn't seem to be working.

It looks like a toxic cauldron where the only solution is a complete and utter clear out,  the only issue is that it is just not possible in modern (post FFP) to carry out a wholesale clean out and restart with a new manager and players. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

It looks like a toxic cauldron where the only solution is a complete and utter clear out,  the only issue is that it is just not possible in modern (post FFP) to carry out a wholesale clean out and restart with a new manager and players. 

It is for Man Utd surely? They've been spanking away £70-80m on players every window and paying £300k a week to players who warm their bench or even don't play.

If FFP has shown us one thing, it's that the already rich clubs can continue to spend whatever the fuck they want no matter how much of it they waste, and anyone who wants to progress from the chasing pack either has to make it into the Champions League off their first injection of £250m or end up having to sell off all their assets over the course of several transfer windows to balance the books and then take a 10 point deduction anyway for the privilege :whistling:.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It is for Man Utd surely? They've been spanking away £70-80m on players every window and paying £300k a week to players who warm their bench or even don't play.

If FFP has shown us one thing, it's that the already rich clubs can continue to spend whatever the fuck they want no matter how much of it they waste, and anyone who wants to progress from the chasing pack either has to make it into the Champions League off their first injection of £250m or end up having to sell off all their assets over the course of several transfer windows to balance the books and then take a 10 point deduction anyway for the privilege :whistling:.

I wish I could say you were wrong but the PL is just a "big six" cartel. 

On 02/12/2023 at 15:03, DeadLinesman said:

Every player throws every manager under the bus. As much as we say how are they being set up etc, I’ll say the same thing time and time again. Where’s the fight? Where’s the effort? Again, these cunts will outlast another manager whilst being the number one reason we’re shite. Fuck them all.

Yeah they've become a collection of players that just down tools when the going gets tough. You'll never win anything with players that think they've made it at the top level just because they play for a big club... that know it's too expensive to clear them out compared to just sacking a manager.

I've asked this before, and I'll ask it again. How on earth is Martial still at Man Utd? Rashford's a good player and I do think part of the reason he's struggled to kick on when he looks he's turned a corner is because he's played under so many different managers it's hampering his development... but at the same time, how do you justify performances where you just turn up and mope around the pitch when its your boyhood club you're playing for? That's the sort of player you want to see have pride and passion for the crest on the shirt and if he's just turning up looking like he couldn't give a fuck?

I do think Ten Hag needs to go sooner rather than later, though. Although, I hope he stays long enough for us to play you.

On 03/12/2023 at 00:03, DeadLinesman said:

These players need to be bullied, they have been way too spoiled for a long time. Once things don't go their way, they just give up, start swinging their arms like primadonnas.

The manager has done too many mistakes as well. I don't understand why he is insisting on playing certain players. How can you keep having starters players like McTominay, Maguire, Martial that were never in your plans during summer and now they managed to survive like 2-3 managers and they get rewarded by having them in starting eleven. What was the point of signing these 4-5 players in the summer only to have them on the bench because "Ohhh Maguire and McTominay performed well against bottom-half teams and we managed to scrap lucky 1-0 wins, so let's keep Varane out until Maguire will face a good team like Liverpool and get spanked 7-0" so we can rotate them again. You don't reward players that had plenty of chances during previous managers and were part of the problem, they will fail you as well.

Also if you reward players for good performances, how is Rashford still a starter? He should be the last option for the wings, behind Garnacho, Pellistri, Antony and that says a lot how bad he has been. You either have some hate-vendetta with certain players or someone else within the club is making the calls who should play or not which I don't think is the case. Or the manager is tired of all the issues with the club, the lack of people that can do some work behind the scenes to help the team and he just gave up, he just goes with the flow until the club will decide to sack him so he gets a good amount of money. Because for the owners, it's way better to sack a manager than a collection of players that will cost way more money.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How on earth is Martial still at Man Utd?

Martial has been injured so many times that he doesn't have legs to run anymore, I doubt there is a club that will try to buy him. I think paying and terminating his contract will be more beneficial for the club at this point.🤣

Edited by Fusion
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Fusion said:

Martial has been injured so many times that he doesn't have legs to run anymore, I doubt there is a club that will try to buy him. I think paying and terminating his contract will be more beneficial for the club at this point.🤣

Try to bin him off to the Saudis? He won't get a game at Newcastle, but any of their other clubs and he's probably a good fit.

I also think United need to sack off their scouting department tbh. They're really good at identifying high profile players we've all heard of and identifying that big amounts of money can bring those players in. But they're not so good at identifying players that are going to change things on the pitch for Man Utd in any serious way.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Try to bin him off to the Saudis? He won't get a game at Newcastle, but any of their other clubs and he's probably a good fit.

I also think United need to sack off their scouting department tbh. They're really good at identifying high profile players we've all heard of and identifying that big amounts of money can bring those players in. But they're not so good at identifying players that are going to change things on the pitch for Man Utd in any serious way.

There are so many players that need to get shipped it's unreal haha. The difficult task is to convince them to move there since some wanna stay in Europe and the others can just chill at United and get their good weekly wages. According to some sources, van de Beek will be out of the club in January so that's good, hopefully Martial and some others will follow.

I totally agree with you about the scouting department and other departments within the club in general too. According to many sources, once Ineos/Ratcliffe will take over the football side of United, Jean-Claude Blanc will be appointed as CEO with Paul Mitchell as sporting director. I don't know how good the changes can be, however I believe it can't get worse than the current state of the club.

On 04/12/2023 at 22:58, Fusion said:

There are so many players that need to get shipped it's unreal haha. The difficult task is to convince them to move there since some wanna stay in Europe and the others can just chill at United and get their good weekly wages. According to some sources, van de Beek will be out of the club in January so that's good, hopefully Martial and some others will follow.

I totally agree with you about the scouting department and other departments within the club in general too. According to many sources, once Ineos/Ratcliffe will take over the football side of United, Jean-Claude Blanc will be appointed as CEO with Paul Mitchell as sporting director. I don't know how good the changes can be, however I believe it can't get worse than the current state of the club.

There is definitely a problem for Man United that the players just aren't good enough. To be where Liverpool & Arsenal are. Although there are aspects (the midfields) of both of them I find unconvincing.

For a few seasons I've genuinely felt I would not want to swap Douglas Luiz & McGinn for any United midfielders. Or too many others I've seen around. Can now also add in the goalkeeper position. And probably centre forward. Diaby, Bailey, Ramsey & Buendia vs Rashford, Garnacho, Sancho & whoever else? Tielemans vs Mount?

A few YouTubers around (Mark Goldbridge) now suggesting Villa are where they are, on work rate. I guess everyone pulls for their own, but to not see era's changing around you, while wearing a Big 6 baseball cap, is what Roy Keane is often on about. Who, still biased & pulling for Man United, often makes more sense than some suggesting any from Maguire, Evans, Lindelof, Martinez & Varane are walking into Villa's side. And not seeing what is staring them in the face.

They need the hunger to be changing an era, that is not theirs. Along with a better recruitment policy.

• Upvote 1

It’s strange how badly United played yesterday and yet Harry Maguire is entering the form of his career lol. He looked great.

That first goal summed Fernandes up, he has a lot of quality but he doesn’t have the mentality consistently.

Makes you think that when Ten Haag said he didnt have the players to play like he did at Ajax, maybe he meant mentality more than quality. 

Realistically there’s at least about 10 players United need to get out of the squad. This is where United need a director of football (do they have one?), a consistent approach that will outlast incoming coaches. Sacking Ten Haag will only bring short term change but in the long term they will revert back unless serious changes are made to the squad.