• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Recommended Posts

Miss the football chat.

If the season is well and truly void, who would be your player of the season for your club?

There's not anyone who I would say has been truly consistent throughout for us but I'd give it to Mason Mount if I had to choose.

Mason Mount Proving His Time Is Now At Chelsea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamie Vardy.

Seems the obvious shout but in what I can only describe as one of the biggest travesties in football - he's actually never won Leicester player of the year.

Top scorer in the Premier League. I don't really need to add much more. He's been superb. He had a bad run but the whole team did - we have largely relied on him.

Ndidi and Ricardo make up the top three, and for me, they are our best three players - the three genuine top class players in the side. Evans and Soyuncu both deserve a mention too.

In the league, very easy, Virgil van Dijk should piss it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

Miss the football chat.

If the season is well and truly void, who would be your player of the season for your club?

There's not anyone who I would say has been truly consistent throughout for us but I'd give it to Mason Mount if I had to choose.

Mason Mount Proving His Time Is Now At Chelsea

Kovacic. Without a doubt. 
 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mane, with Virg and Hendo a close second. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamie Vardy 

33 years old and still churning out superb goals like this

giphy.gif

Top scorer in the league. Barring Mane (88) he has the best minutes per goal ratio (117). Generally plays as a lone striker so has to create a lot of space and goals for himself. His movement is more mature. While his non-stop running was great in a counter-attacking side and he was that pest-like predator, he doesn't do that any more as he'd most likely be hauled off at 60 mins each game. I think it's just common sense and it works out in the way we play now that he chooses more wisely when to make that perfect run or when to chase down defenders. He went on another magic run of 8 consecutive games scored in which did coincide with our 9-game winning run. He still scores all kinds of goals. Headers, lobs, running in off the last man, tap-ins, anywhere in the box he can find the net. Also loves to rustle fans

AnimatedExaltedBilby-size_restricted.gif

 

Ricardo Pereira

It's not often you can find right-backs that can defend and attack in such good measure. Absolute engine on him as well as he's constantly up and down the right wing and he is very, very creative and skilful. You can tell in some respects how effective a player is when he's not playing or when he gets injured - you'd find it very difficult to find a Leicester fan who wasn't devastated when it was announced Pereira would be out for several months with an ACL injury. I pray for him that he comes back without feeling the effects of it as it can change a player. What I love about Pereira is that for a RB, he's constantly got an eye for goal or to pick out that killer ball/cross. His goal against Spurs in the context of the game but I especially liked this goal against Newcastle

3d747e908b014e3dbc35c9294585ee39.gif

Defensively he is so strong as well. He and Alexander-Arnold are so far against anyone else in this division we're pretty much spoilt to be seeing them play in this league. I think Pereira has the most tackles and better stats but I don't really want this to be cause for an argument to be honest. They're both great players and fit perfectly in their respective sides.

Wilfred Ndidi

Similarly to Pereira, you can tell how good a player is when they are missing from the side and we definitely feel his absence when he was injured. His reading of the game, tackling, awareness, intercepting and tenacity is genuinely like Kante was in 2015/16. Ndidi is genuinely having that kind of effect on the side that Kante did. A couple of seasons ago you could tell Ndidi was naive and would often be a bit more reckless and naive. His passing is one of the things that has probably improved the most. For a lanky defensive midfielder he can actually be quite skilful. 

There's a bit of skill here which leads to a goal. May not seem much but he does this more than once in a game and it often leads to attacks or at least helps break up the opposition attacks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vicente Guaita. The amount of top class hes made over the last 18 months have been something else. Not to mention hes top in the league for out performong pretty much everything in the expected charts. Not surprised hes been linked to top clubs even at his age because he would be appreciated anywhere he played.

Notable shouts to Jordan Ayew and Gary Cahill who I think have impressed and surprised everybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Vicente Guaita. The amount of top class hes made over the last 18 months have been something else. Not to mention hes top in the league for out performong pretty much everything in the expected charts. Not surprised hes been linked to top clubs even at his age because he would be appreciated anywhere he played.

Notable shouts to Jordan Ayew and Gary Cahill who I think have impressed and surprised everybody.

I appear not to have had a reaction to the Vardy gif. Can you bite please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

I appear not to have had a reaction to the Vardy gif. Can you bite please?

When our fans were abusing him I turned round to the people I was with and said words to the effect of: "Hes going to make all these fans look so fucking stupid at some point this game".

Low and behold.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

When our fans were abusing him I turned round to the people I was with and said words to the effect of: "Hes going to make all these fans look so fucking stupid at some point this game".

Low and behold.

When he went on that 8-game scoring run I'm pretty sure every set of fans was calling his wife a slag and right on cue he'd score and go and give some back accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rick said:

Mane, with Virg and Hendo a close second. 

Same for me, except for a mention to Trent after Hendo.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Same for me, except for a mention to Trent after Hendo.

Tbh, we could just name our first 11. They’ve all been unreal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/04/2020 at 13:05, Stan said:

I appear not to have had a reaction to the Vardy gif. Can you bite please?

And because you were there and your favourite one, against Liverpool too. xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Jordan Henderson

I really hope he gets to lift the cup when all thats going comes down a bit. From what he was to what he has become the man has come a long long way.

Special shout to Gini as well who has quietly gone about playing the role of disruptor at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it was going to be a toss-up between Mason Greenwood, Luke Shaw, Bruno Fernandes or Odion Ighalo but because of the lock-down it has to be young Mason Greenwood, he has performed so well even when coming off the bench up till the lock-down, but...if the season had not been closed down and if Bruno had continued on the way he has been  playing then it would have been Bruno.

@DeadLinesman, Phil (with one P :D), you are brainier than me on United so what're your thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Well, it was going to be a toss-up between Mason Greenwood, Luke Shaw, Bruno Fernandes or Odion Ighalo but because of the lock-down it has to be young Mason Greenwood, he has performed so well even when coming off the bench up till the lock-down, but...if the season had not been closed down and if Bruno had continued on the way he has been  playing then it would have been Bruno.

@DeadLinesman, Phil (with one P :D), you are brainier than me on United so what're your thoughts?

I’d still say Rashford if I’m honest. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/04/2020 at 16:32, CityTheBest said:

To be honest Rashford has been more impressive over the last season. Although I'm a City fan I was getting truly fed up with his poor performances and his greediness on the ball. He cost England the 2018 World Cup with his misses and not passing when to Kane when he should have. But I think he has a good football brain, which is essential for a footballer in today's market. I think United should use him behind the front striker and get someone that can finish (Jamie Vardy would be perfect). Rashford has intelligence on the ball and when he plays as a team he can be truely devestating. I don't think he's ready for a big club like City or Barcelona but at smaller club like United were there's less pressure to win he can adapt to the system and prosper.

Anyway football is a funny old game.

I think a player like Rashford would help City get further than just the quater finals of the Champions League.

Currently, they don't seem to have the mental strength the bigger sides have to break that curse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement