talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Chelsea don't often utilise attacking players to their full potential, they didn't with De Bruyne himself(who I agree with you on about being the best in the league at the moment) and this is the case with Hazard. For me the Belgian would stand out a lot more if he was at City and playing under Pep. Hazard in the current City team is a scary thought

Guarantee Hazard will be 2x the player he is now when he's off to Real, and under an attacking manager (Zidane is shit) 

Anyone with sensible knowledge can see from analysing how Hazard plays in our set up throughout the years, that he would be greater in a more free role. 

Edited by Cicero

Yeah, in a more free-flowing attacking system, he'd be a lot more consistent in his allround game. He'd score more as well. With all due respects, he's wasted at Chelsea and I've always said that.

He'd be better for Liverpool as well to be honest, he'd thrive in that current system.

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Yeah, in a more free-flowing attacking system, he'd be a lot more consistent in his allround game. He'd score more as well. With all due respects, he's wasted at Chelsea and I've always said that.

He'd be better for Liverpool as well to be honest, he'd thrive in that current system.

Hardly wasted, given he's been instrumental in our success these past years, but I get what you mean.

And it depends who we bring in. Wouldn't touch Simeone. 

If by some miracle Hazard wants to stay, Sarri or Tuchel I believe could make better use of him than what DiMatteo, Mourinho, or Conte ever did. 

Edited by Cicero

You can’t just say “Hazard is the best but he’s never been able to show it because of who he plays for”. 

The fact is, he’s never shown himself to be the best player in this league, not before and not now. 

Kane, Salah & De Bruyne are all currently better and more influential than Hazard and that cannot be desputed. 

Hazard is a great player on his day but truly great players don’t persistently go missing like he does.  

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Must be why Liverpool have won fuck all since he's been in England and will continue to win fuck all :coffee:

That might be true regarding winning things and there’s no need to be so shirty. 

We are better than you as things stand though. We have a better team, a better manager, a better togetherness, a better spirit and if any team between Liverpool and Chelsea are going to win anything anytime soon, it’s gonna be us. 

1 minute ago, HK85 said:

Apart from the fact he's been player of the year. 

I mean on a consistent basis. Didn’t he go into hiding the year after? He performs in stages whereas the best players perform year in year out. 

Basically he’s a little bitch that throws his toys out when things aren’t going his way. 

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That might be true regarding winning things and there’s no need to be so shirty. 

We are better than you as things stand though. We have a better team, a better manager, a better togetherness, a better spirit and if any team between Liverpool and Chelsea are going to win anything anytime soon, it’s gonna be us. 

Watch us get a new manager and still win the league before you B|

• Haha 1

If I was a Liverpool fan I wouldn't take Hazard in their front three either but that might be more because Liverpool's front three fit like a glove at the moment and are very suited to that system rather than anything else.

To say Hazard hasn't been consistent for us in the past though is plain wrong.

Resultado de imagen de hazard player of the year 2015

• Subscriber

Lot of shite being chatted here. Play Salah or De Bruyne out of position up front in that Chelsea game at the weekend and they would have looked like horse shit too. Whether or not those two are better than Hazard or not, using performances like that aren't a basis for an argument.

De Bruyne and Salah have had better seasons than Hazard and are probably slightly better players overall but at the same time, take each of those players out of their respective sides and Chelsea would suffer the most. Goes to show that De Bruyne and Salah are surrounded by a lot more quality than Hazard right now which allows them to showcase their talents better.

• Upvote 1

Hazard would walk in ahead of Mane no doubt about that.

He's easily one of the best players in the league and has the league titles to prove it, but there is some truth to what MadLad is saying and considering the goalscoring form of someone like Harry Kane over the last few years or Sergio Aguero so calling him the out and out best player in the league is off. That player is currently in North West London.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Danny said:

Hazard would walk in ahead of Mane no doubt about that.

He's easily one of the best players in the league and has the league titles to prove it, but there is some truth to what MadLad is saying and considering the goalscoring form of someone like Harry Kane over the last few years or Sergio Aguero so calling him the out and out best player in the league is off. That player is currently in North West London.

Sissoko?!

16 hours ago, Cicero said:

Can't agree with any of that and both sentences contradict each other. Would you not agree that having a manager that implements a defensive system to which it restricts Hazard's ability as a player, have bearing on how he feels? 

Fact of the matter is, I am wiilling to wager that the likes of Aguero, Silva, KDB, Salah etc wouldn't have the same influence Hazard has had in our system and under Conte/Mourinho. KDB and Salah already tried under Mourinho, and were shipped off. 

It's the way I see different positions mate and where certain things affect certain players.  I get what you're saying and you may be right although history tells us that nothing can ever be turned into a blanket rule.  Take for example Mesut Özil under Mourinho at Real Madrid who played his best football ever and the only reason he was ever benched by the Portuguese coach is because of his obsession with playing a double or triple pivot in big games.  Dejan Savićević under Sacchi who was even more defensive than Mourinho was a master in that 10 role slightly coming in from the flanks.

This is why I say it's not exactly the coach to blame here.  Nobody can say that Hazard doesn't have character issues because the way he wrote himself off the Chelsea team sheets countless time in Mourinho's second stint isn't forgotten.

Conte is nowhere near as defensive as Mourinho and even though I may be wrong and you maybe be correct in your response to me, something tells me Eden Hazard has a lot to do himself with the fact he isn't more of a protagonist seeing as the undoubted talent is there.

12 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

If I was a Liverpool fan I wouldn't take Hazard in their front three either but that might be more because Liverpool's front three fit like a glove at the moment and are very suited to that system rather than anything else.

To say Hazard hasn't been consistent for us in the past though is plain wrong.

Resultado de imagen de hazard player of the year 2015

So your argument that Hazard is consistent is that he's had one good season?

13 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Lot of shite being chatted here. Play Salah or De Bruyne out of position up front in that Chelsea game at the weekend and they would have looked like horse shit too. Whether or not those two are better than Hazard or not, using performances like that aren't a basis for an argument.

De Bruyne and Salah have had better seasons than Hazard and are probably slightly better players overall but at the same time, take each of those players out of their respective sides and Chelsea would suffer the most. Goes to show that De Bruyne and Salah are surrounded by a lot more quality than Hazard right now which allows them to showcase their talents better.

This

Edited by Cicero

14 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

You could play Salah anywhere in a front 3 or even No10 and he’d still be as effective. Even when he’s having an off day he still causes havoc. 

Cant say the same about Hazard.