talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Struggling to see where he'd currently play given Gallagher and Palmer's influence. Maybe rotates with Gallagher based on opposition. But then you have to consider Carney's return as well. 

Depth when everyone fit is great, but will likely cause headaches. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Poch is better than Lampard, that's certain. But is he doing any better than Potter was? Or is it likely that Chelsea's problem has fuck all to do with the manager and has everything to do with the players?

Imo, it's a little bit of both. But I've not watched a lot of Chelsea this season. But to me it looks like Poch is washed as a manager and that Chelsea have a problem where they've got a load of players that nobody can seem to motivate.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Poch is better than Lampard, that's certain. But is he doing any better than Potter was? Or is it likely that Chelsea's problem has fuck all to do with the manager and has everything to do with the players?

Imo, it's a little bit of both. But I've not watched a lot of Chelsea this season. But to me it looks like Poch is washed as a manager and that Chelsea have a problem where they've got a load of players that nobody can seem to motivate.

Chelsea and United are as fucked as eachother, both clubs are fucking a mess behind the scenes. No manager of any level could deal with the number of signings thrown at him like Potter had to deal with last season.

He was given so many similar players to deal with it was pathetic. He must have been sat in his office thinking not another attacking midfielder. 

Every player was also massively overpaid for as well. Mudryk is nowhere near his value and if we're honest neither is Enzo either, he's worth half that amount. 

Sadly though, even though they are a mess, I think I'd rather have to deal with the Chelsea squad than the one my club have. Poch should have started to improve things by now.

55 minutes ago, Devil said:

Sadly though, even though they are a mess, I think I'd rather have to deal with the Chelsea squad than the one my club have. Poch should have started to improve things by now.

Really? I think from the outside looking in, I've got more confidence in your squad to get results than I've got in Chelsea's squad. And a part of that is while I think some United players look like they're checked out at times... while I've not watched a lot of Chelsea this season, when I see them I just think they look so carefree and unmotivated. I think the long contracts they've given to some of their newer, younger, and more expensive signings have kind of had the opposite effect those at Chelsea thought it might give them. I think they've inadvertently loaded up on players who now think they've got it made and can just sit back for the next 7 years or so.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Really? I think from the outside looking in, I've got more confidence in your squad to get results than I've got in Chelsea's squad. And a part of that is while I think some United players look like they're checked out at times... while I've not watched a lot of Chelsea this season, when I see them I just think they look so carefree and unmotivated. I think the long contracts they've given to some of their newer, younger, and more expensive signings have kind of had the opposite effect those at Chelsea thought it might give them. I think they've inadvertently loaded up on players who now think they've got it made and can just sit back for the next 7 years or so.

I was thinking this too. Putting so many players on 7, 8 year contracts can't help with motivation and must take some sort of edge off. Could end up with a few Winston Bogarde's there

Edited by LFCMike

On paper, Poch is doing a relatively decent job. If we beat Fulham at the weekend, we could find ourselves 7th with a cup final on the horizon and home advantage against Villa in the FA Cup. Considering our injuries to pretty influential players, its not bad. This is what the ownership is likely looking at. That being said, on a footballing perspective Poch is doing a terrible job. Team still look like strangers 6 months in and there's still no clear identity to how we want to play. We have an abundance of technical ability and yet we are resorting to scrap football and running around with zero control, completely exposing/misprofiling our midfield. The injuries excuse can only go too far. 

I'm personally not bothered with the contract lengths.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

It was, but posted by Chelsea’s Spanish social media, which actually makes it worse.

No idea if it’s still up.

Literally anyone could be running that 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

You can point to difficult circumstances but at the end of the day. There are some elements of a football club that are directly under a manager's influence and Pochettino isn't performing well.

I've seen it at Everton. Benitez, Lampard and Dyche all been dealt the same terrible hand but Benitez and Lampard both made a bad situation worse and Dyche has found a way to maximise what he's got. Poch is performing on a par with Benitez and Lampard.