talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forums

• Subscriber

It looked like Biden was making a decent recovery from that debate disaster but at NATO overnight I see that he's referred to Kamala Harris as "Vice President Trump" and introduced Zelensky on stage as "President Putin" so that's all just great.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Biden's finished.

This was obvious long before the debates started.

2 terrible, incompetent options but the fact Trump will be able to easily take control of debates is something that points to Trump most likely winning the election which is insane.

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It looked like Biden was making a decent recovery from that debate disaster but at NATO overnight I see that he's referred to Kamala Harris as "Vice President Trump" and introduced Zelensky on stage as "President Putin" so that's all just great.

It really doesn't matter how decent of a recovery Biden makes from the debate.   You can't unsee what Americans saw that night.  Even if there is a second debate and Biden holds his own, it will only mean that some times he's alert and on the ball and other times he's not.  You can't risk the chance hecwill be out of it if there is a national crisis. 

55 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

It really doesn't matter how decent of a recovery Biden makes from the debate.   You can't unsee what Americans saw that night.  Even if there is a second debate and Biden holds his own, it will only mean that some times he's alert and on the ball and other times he's not.  You can't risk the chance hecwill be out of it if there is a national crisis. 

Tbh I still think a senile Biden would handle a national crisis better than the way the Trump administration handled the pandemic. Basically locked down for a year didn't really do anything other than talk about "Operation Warpspeed," which in the end turned out to be them just sitting on their hands and letting the individual states handle the pandemic and hoping they wouldn't need much guidance from the federal government. And watching Biden's speech yesterday, it was a trainwreck... up until he started talking about foreign policy and there you can see he's still sharp, and that's been his strong suit for as long as I've known about Biden. If you compare that to Trump's performance in Helinski, I think despite the horrible flubs that can't be overlooked, he still comes off looking better than Trump.

Let's also not forget Trump has called Nikki Haley "Nancy Pelosi" a couple of times, he keeps talking about Hannibal Lector like he thinks he was a real person (and it's odd how many times he's mentioning how much admiration he has for a fictional character that he seems to think is real),and has gone on many bizarre rants about boat batteries and sharks lately.

But Biden really should step down. A recent survey found that 67% of Americans find an election between Biden and Trump to be embarrassing and wishing that the parties had different candidates. It shows that there's a big disconnect between registered republicans and democrats, who turn out to vote in their parties primaries, and the registered voters with no party affiliation or third party affiliation that don't have a say in the primary process.

They're both totally unfit to be leading a super power, that's for sure. There's been increasing pressure on Biden to step down since the debate, but after the speech yesterday the knives are coming out for him. Most of the country seems to recognise they're both unfit to lead - it looks like one party is talking about how their candidate should probably not run though while the other is all in.

If he drops out, I think the tactical way to announce it would be to do it as close to the RNC next week as possible. They'll have a lot of canned material for trashing Biden that'll need to be scrapped or look out of date, it'll also take some of the media focus off the RNC and put it on Harris or whoever the hell the democrats end up choosing. That makes too much sense though so the democrats will probably do something after the RNC because competence and US politics don't mix too well.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Let's also not forget Trump has called Nikki Haley "Nancy Pelosi" a couple of times, he keeps talking about Hannibal Lector like he thinks he was a real person (and it's odd how many times he's mentioning how much admiration he has for a fictional character that he seems to think is real),and has gone on many bizarre rants about boat batteries and sharks lately.

Trump also said something about one of his sons having an unbelievably great wife a few days ago. The son in question is unmarried.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Trump also said something about one of his sons having an unbelievably great wife a few days ago. The son in question is unmarried.

Yeah it blows my mind that the media really loves talking about how much Biden looks diminished despite... Trump never looking all there even when he was running for president in the first place.

1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Has anyone in the USA looked at the situation and thought to themselves. We say we're the best country in the world but we have to choose between a lunatic and someone with dementia as our president 

To be fair, a lot of Americans do if the interviews a German TV station did with people passing by in Boston is something we may draw conclusions from.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

2 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Has anyone in the USA looked at the situation and thought to themselves. We say we're the best country in the world but we have to choose between a lunatic and someone with dementia as our president 

Yeah literally millions of them are asking this and have been asking this for a while now lol

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah it blows my mind that the media really loves talking about how much Biden looks diminished despite... Trump never looking all there even when he was running for president in the first place.

Biden has just quite rightly done a tweet asking would you rather have me mixing up names when it comes to Putin or Trump who calls Putin brilliant?

• Like 1

The difference between Trump and Biden's cognitive ability and misspoke words , is that Trump is the same as he was 45 years or so ago when he first came on the scene.  He has always talked off the cuff, said things for effect to get a rise from his opponents, thinking out loud and messing up names.    But he dosent have cognitive damage or neurological issues.  Biden on the other hand is ill, he has some form of dementia or as some claim Parkinson's and it's getting worse.   There are times when he is well rested or in familer situation when he is reading from a teleprompter and the situation is well scripted that he appears normal, but outside that controlled environment he can be in trouble and appear like he was at the debate.  You can not have a President who should be in a nursing home as Biden should be for his own well being.

The Americans have a terrible choice to make in November, it's mind boggling that in a nation of 300 million plus that this is the best America can offer.  Biden should have made it clear he was going to be a one term President and the Democrats could have had a open primary where a competent nominee was chosen and somebody other than Trump should have won the Republican primaries.  But that didn't happen and unless Biden is forced to drop out, it's going to be a straight choice between Trump and Biden.  

I know practically all you believe Trump is the devil, but it's better to have the devil you know than the devil you don't.  We have no idea which Biden will be there in a crisis and who will actually be running things and America nor the rest of the free world can not take that chance.

Edited by Redcanuck

• Subscriber

Sounds like about 6 shots fired in this video. Trump reportedly left with a bloody ear holding his fist in the air.

My genuine early feeling is that this is staged. Might be wrong but it can't be easy getting a gun within that vicinity of Donald Trump and if someone wanted him shot then you wouldn't go to that effort and risk if you didn't know you were getting to make the shot.

Maybe I've just been watching too much of The Boys...

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Sounds like about 6 shots fired in this video. Trump reportedly left with a bloody ear holding his fist in the air.

My genuine early feeling is that this is staged. Might be wrong but it can't be easy getting a gun within that vicinity of Donald Trump and if someone wanted him shot then you wouldn't go to that effort and risk if you didn't know you were getting to make the shot.

Maybe I've just been watching too much of The Boys...

My first thought was "it must be staged" as well but who knows, it's America so it could well be a gunman.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Hope he survives and then dies by slow stomach cancer that moves throughout his body.

It's either his ear was grazed by a bullet or ketchup on his ear. He'll survive.

What/who did those obviously real bullets end up hitting though?

21 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Six shots but no one behind him is hit by the looks of it? 

Six shots that have completely missed the target while Darwin Núñez is still in the US... 

Can't be a coincidence, right? 🤔

The shooter was outside the rally on a roof and has been eliminated by the Secret Service , one person at the rally has been killed and another has been wounded.  Quite a heavy price to pay if staged as many of you seem to think.

• Subscriber

I thought this forum was more intelligent than “this was staged” responses. 

Damn… come on people. Ffs. I know I don’t post long essays as often as most of you as a need to prove my intelligence, but Jesus fucking Christ. Sort your heads out.