talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 6-2 Leeds - Sunday 20th December, 2020

football forums

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.30

Live on Sky Sports

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png       VS      1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Head to Head Record
Man Utd - 46
Draws - 35
Leeds - 26

Last Meeting
20/09/2011 - Leeds 0-3 Man Utd (EFL Cup)

Last Fixture
03/01/2010 - Man Utd 0-1 Leeds (FA Cup)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

Everybody saying this will be a goalfest, probably end up 1-0.  

Too bad its not being played before a full house.  For the older United fans this is a true rival game (along with Liverpool).

Gutted there's no fans, this is a fixture the Premier League has badly missed.

I don't have a lot to say really. It's the one game I just desperately want us to win. Probably for United, we're the third game after Liverpool and City.

We'll give it a bloody good go and I'm sure we'll cause issues but I fear defensively we'll be punished by the open spaces we leave. Should be meat and drink for the likes of Rashford and Fernandes.

Nothing against yourself, @DeadLinesman , @MUFC or @CaaC (John) , lovely lads but better to be truthful than sugar coat anything...

Beat these fucking cunts Leeds.

Please.

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don't have a lot to say really. It's the one game I just desperately want us to win. Probably for United, we're the third game after Liverpool and City.

We'll give it a bloody good go and I'm sure we'll cause issues but I fear defensively we'll be punished by the open spaces we leave. Should be meat and drink for the likes of Rashford and Fernandes.

Nothing against yourself, @DeadLinesman or @CaaC (John) , lovely lads but better to be truthful than sugar coat anything...

Please.

Im definitely watching this! Just hope the players realise how big this game is because its been a long time coming.

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Im definitely watching this! Just hope the players realise how big this game is because its been a long time coming.

I've no doubt's we will. Not sure if United players see us quite how we see them, let's be honest, we've been out the picture for so long now, although your Rashford's and Greenwood's will understand.

Bielsa has said all the right things in the lead up to this. He get's it and he'll make sure the new players do too because the one's that have been with us in the Championship certainly won't need telling.

30 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I've no doubt's we will. Not sure if United players see us quite how we see them, let's be honest, we've been out the picture for so long now, although your Rashford's and Greenwood's will understand.

Bielsa has said all the right things in the lead up to this. He get's it and he'll make sure the new players do too because the one's that have been with us in the Championship certainly won't need telling.

Yeah, as I said earlier, its such a shame the fans can't be involved. 

Regarding the game.... I hope it boils over, fistycuffs n lot.. just like the old days :D Fuck VAR haha 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Nothing against yourself, @DeadLinesman , @MUFC or @CaaC (John) , lovely lads but better to be truthful than sugar coat anything...

Please.

Good luck buddy if your Leeds go all out on the attack first off you could go up 3-0 in the first 15 minutes or so, our lovely defence of square head and co take about 15 minutes to get going and even then they are crap and it needs the likes of Rashford & co to save their bacon and pop in a few. goals.

Saying all that I have no hard feelings against Leeds, after all, you did give us King Cantona. :D

During the past 70 years I have seen many Uniteds games but I have to admit that I am looking forward to this one more than most.  Olly's men this week played like Leeds have been playing this season and although it had occasional blips, it was great footy to watch - this will either be a case of who is scared the most or the best footy fest for years!  Credit to both team coaches/managers call them what you want, but they have got their gangs really fired up for this and I personally don't want to miss a second when the knees have been unbent!  This week's Mandalorian will just have wait another 90 minutes.......

Leeds best chance of a result is to show them absolute no respect and just run at them. Their back four can’t handle being under pressure, so just make it relentless and I’m sure they’ll get something from it. 

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

Leeds best chance of a result is to show them absolute no respect and just run at them. Their back four can’t handle being under pressure, so just make it relentless and I’m sure they’ll get something from it. 

3 minutes later Leeds go 1 down :4_joy:

Archived