talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane - Striker Says He's Staying at Spurs

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Yup, and Kane’s going to be pissed off, but the longer this drags on the less likely it is Levy sells. Unless city get desperate and meet his price but doesn’t seem that way right now 

If he ends up staying which looks likely now how will the fans feel about him??? I reckon they will be a bit disgruntled about all the goings on and then as soon as he bangs a couple in the net you will be back on your knees worshiping him as a god.. 

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest on Spurs targets to replace Kane

Vlahovic - Close to signing for Atletico Madrid

Pau Torres and Jules Kounde - Already rejected them despite Spurs having met RC and wage demands, for lack of CL football

Nandez - Very happy in Italy

Tomiyasu - Spurs do not value him at25M(oh how the tables turn)

In short, the incompetence of Levy to put deals over the line for his own club is now hurting us as well.

• Administrator

Let's take a step back. Business is business and a 'gentleman's agreement' isn't worth the cock you didn't suck to acquire it. Unless something is written and signed by both parties there's nothing doing. 

Spurs have an incredibly expensive Stadium they have to meet repayments for, COVID hit income as well as the lease income they make from using it to host other events. They've spent fairly big this summer but clearly there is no pressure to sell Kane. If Kane does leave it'll be on deadline day for whatever Levy wants, likely £150m and a player of his choice. 

Kane himself is not going to rock the boat and piss off the fans anymore than he already has. If he was going to put in a transfer request, he already would have done, but again he won't because loyalty bonuses will be off the table. If this is going to happen Man City need to be a bit more real about this, it's not going to go down to the wire on deadline day and Spurs crumble. It's the other way round. Just sort it all out now, Kane seemingly is interested in joining but he's not going to be a dick about it. Just like Sancho wasn't going to be a dick about it. Clubs are a bit dense in thinking a player should be agitating for a move to save them a few pennies, the players owe the clubs they're potentially moving to nothing. 

If City want Kane, just stump up the cash. 

1 hour ago, Batard said:

Let's take a step back. Business is business and a 'gentleman's agreement' isn't worth the cock you didn't suck to acquire it. Unless something is written and signed by both parties there's nothing doing. 

Spurs have an incredibly expensive Stadium they have to meet repayments for, COVID hit income as well as the lease income they make from using it to host other events. They've spent fairly big this summer but clearly there is no pressure to sell Kane. If Kane does leave it'll be on deadline day for whatever Levy wants, likely £150m and a player of his choice. 

Kane himself is not going to rock the boat and piss off the fans anymore than he already has. If he was going to put in a transfer request, he already would have done, but again he won't because loyalty bonuses will be off the table. If this is going to happen Man City need to be a bit more real about this, it's not going to go down to the wire on deadline day and Spurs crumble. It's the other way round. Just sort it all out now, Kane seemingly is interested in joining but he's not going to be a dick about it. Just like Sancho wasn't going to be a dick about it. Clubs are a bit dense in thinking a player should be agitating for a move to save them a few pennies, the players owe the clubs they're potentially moving to nothing. 

Yeah, but because it's a business... if I'm Spurs I'm not going to sell on deadline day unless I've got a replacement coming in (and maybe more than just one player coming in with the proceeds, because the fans will understandably be gutted they've just lost their talisman).

It's been said numerous times in the saga, but Kane and City don't have anywhere near as much leverage over Kane's career as Spurs do given the length of the contract remaining. But like you say, if City want him, they should stump up the cash. Because if they leave things until the deadline and try to force Spur's hand with an absurd amount of money... if I'm Levy, I'm demanding a bit more fucking money last second because they likely won't have enough time to bring in players before the window shuts.

I think getting the timing right is almost just as important as the price, because otherwise if I'm running Spurs and I'm looking at a ton of money I can't put back into the squad right away... I'd be perhaps a bit worried about the fan backlash. And to me that might make the price of Kane go up last minute if I can't get anyone in.

30 minutes ago, Waylander said:

What's Lacazette up to, though Arsenal strikes me with Son's pace he could be good as the No.10 if the move can be politically done. 

Lacazette is a poor man's Defoe, you can't replace Kane with a downgrade on Defoe.

5 minutes ago, Waylander said:

For me Son always seem to pick up his game when Kane does not play, is he under Kane's shadow?

Son and Kane are devastating at times.

Son is a brilliant player but I don't think for one second he'd be better with Lacazette than Kane.

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Son and Kane are devastating at times.

Son is a brilliant player but I don't think for one second he'd be better with Lacazette than Kane.

Neither do I though if Spurs let Kane go who can they quickly get as a stop gap?

8 hours ago, Batard said:

Levy has a 98million tax bill due too  ..levy could be waiting till the very last moment to sanction the deal. no time for new signings the fans will be told, it'll get put in the bank to service the debt

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

HARRY KANE expects a breakthrough before the weekend in his bid to join Manchester City.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is playing hardball over the deal but club sources are now resigned to Kane leaving.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15896367/harry-kane-man-city-transfer-tottenham/

Why you posting the Sun articles?

Thought you were better than that rag pal.

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Why do you think i made the link tiny? :4_joy:  ..guess i will use any bait to get a nibble from @Storts:ph34r::4_joy:

Your that guy that everyone is sick to death of at work aren't you.

The guy who has pulled that many practical jokes people now just look at him plain faced not a flicker of amusement and say mate I'm just trying to get on with my work 🤣

5 minutes ago, Devil said:

Your that guy that everyone is sick to death of at work aren't you.

The guy who has pulled that many practical jokes people now just look at him plain faced not a flicker of amusement and say mate I'm just trying to get on with my work 🤣

If you mean "oh fuck, he's coming" you would be correct :4_joy: ..people are nervous around me for some reason :ph34r:lol

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

If you mean "oh fuck, he's coming" you would be correct :4_joy: ..people are nervous around me for some reason :ph34r:lol

Yeah, that's what I mean.

The guy at high school who was constantly whipper snapping everyone's shorts in PE. 😂

Harry Kane left out of Tottenham squad vs Pacos de Ferreira amid Man City interest

Kane has returned to training for Tottenham but has been left out of the squad for their Europa Conference League game.

This is huge, he doesn't want to be cup tied for the CL

Archived