talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lionel Messi's Next Club - PSG Confirm Signing

football forum

32 minutes ago, Devil said:

Messi hates Icardi for what he did to Maxi Lopez.

From what I've been told he basically won't have him in the Argi squad because of his dislike for him. 

Might all be nonsense but thats what I was told.

Maxi Lopez was cheating on her and divorced her anyway 😂 If anything Icardi did him a favour

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Devil said:

Messi hates Icardi for what he did to Maxi Lopez.

From what I've been told he basically won't have him in the Argi squad because of his dislike for him. 

Might all be nonsense but thats what I was told.

Nah its true. All of Argentina despises her too and Icardi for simply being with her which is pretty funny. 

29 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Any idea how long Messi could continue playing for before hanging up his boots?? 

Easily got 2 or 3 years left I would have thought before he retires proper.. 

Definitely.

Could go to 40 if the hunger to train and look after himself is still there. 

When you are as talented as him and play the game with your head and not your legs, you can still make mugs of others.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Definitely.

Could go to 40 if the hunger to train and look after himself is still there. 

When you are as talented as him and play the game with your head and not your legs, you can still make mugs of others.

Just an idea.. which will no doubt be panned as being more dogshit than the film The Suicide Squad but couldn't Messi have stayed at his boyhood club and played out a couple of years with no wages before retiring??? He could then have at least retired with Barcelona and remained the clubs greatest ever player.. He is worth an estimated 400-600 Million isn't he?? not exactly short of cash is he... 

I say this because I mean if you are going to have such an emotional exit it clearly means a lot to him to stay... 

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just an idea.. which will no doubt be panned as being more dogshit than the film The Suicide Squad but couldn't Messi have stayed at his boyhood club and played out a couple of years with no wages before retiring??? He could then have at least retired with Barcelona and remained the clubs greatest ever player.. He is worth an estimated 400-600 Million isn't he?? not exactly short of cash is he... 

I say this because I mean if you are going to have such an emotional exit it clearly means a lot to him to stay... 

I get your point but I've already made my opinion clear on this in this thread so will abstain xD

The fans blaming Umtiti for Messi leaving because he refused to accept a pay cut are hilarious. 

Nobody is expecting Messi to play for free, but the agreement he had was for 50m per season. You’re telling me he couldn’t say “well, I’ll play for 10m” or even 5m if it means that much to him. Acting like a right clown breaking down at a press conference is a bit rich. 

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I get your point but I've already made my opinion clear on this in this thread so will abstain xD

xD Just had a catch up...

I saw your post and get your point however this guy isn't picking up bins on the dustcarts each week or slapping labels on boxes without a piss break in some Amazon warehouse somewhere... He has become a very, very wealthy man indeed worth millions of pounds and has more than enough money to last a few lifetimes thanks to the really silly wages they have been paying him over the years and yes that's not his fault etc even though those wages and deals were greatly inflated every time he had an end of season sulk saying he feels it's time to move on sending everyone in to a full scale panic which helped drive up those wages to an unsustainable amount for the club..  

Also if you are going to break down blubbing because it's such a traumatizing event then you might have thought that he could have said look, I don't want to leave, you don't want me to leave so let's set the weekly wage as low as it needs to be to make it work for all of us... 

I do feel sorry for him though, I don't know how he will cope in his old age on a mere 250,00-300,000 a week at PSG he might have to cancel the Sunday papers to try and make ends meet... 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

The fans blaming Umtiti for Messi leaving because he refused to accept a pay cut are hilarious. 

Nobody is expecting Messi to play for free, but the agreement he had was for 50m per season. You’re telling me he couldn’t say “well, I’ll play for 10m” or even 5m if it means that much to him. Acting like a right clown breaking down at a press conference is a bit rich. 

You do understand that even if he played for free they can't register him? 

Didn't think so.

Just now, Whiskey said:

You do understand that even if he played for free they can't register him? 

Didn't think so.

Calm down. 

If the management are that fucking stupid that they offered a deal they couldn’t honour then fuck them too. 

16 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

xD Just had a catch up...

I saw your post and get your point however this guy isn't picking up bins on the dustcarts each week or slapping labels on boxes without a piss break in some Amazon warehouse somewhere... He has become a very, very wealthy man indeed worth millions of pounds and has more than enough money to last a few lifetimes thanks to the really silly wages they have been paying him over the years and yes that's not his fault etc even though those wages and deals were greatly inflated every time he had an end of season sulk saying he feels it's time to move on sending everyone in to a full scale panic which helped drive up those wages to an unsustainable amount for the club..  

Also if you are going to break down blubbing because it's such a traumatizing event then you might have thought that he could have said look, I don't want to leave, you don't want me to leave so let's set the weekly wage as low as it needs to be to make it work for all of us... 

I do feel sorry for him though, I don't know how he will cope in his old age on a mere 250,00-300,000 a week at PSG he might have to cancel the Sunday papers to try and make ends meet... 

Poor Messi

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Any idea how long Messi could continue playing for before hanging up his boots?? 

Easily got 2 or 3 years left I would have thought before he retires proper.. 

He can play at a high level for at least 3 or 4 years imo.

More and more, we are seeing that top players, who have at their disposal the structure and professionals to take care good of their bodies, are extending their time at the highest level. Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, Cristiano Ronaldo are some examples. 

Also, Messi is very smart. He knows how to read the game, perfectly picking the right moments to sprint and then resting during the game. 

Found on Twitter:

" Average distance covered in the 2020/21 Champions League season:

Neymar - 11.90km

Griezmann - 10.48km

Dembélé - 10.35km

Haaland - 10.03km

Ronaldo - 10.02km

Mbappé - 8.35km

Messi - 7.64km"

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

So, according to some rumors Barça made a last offer to Messi and there still a chance that he stays. 

If that's true, then it's a sign that La Liga is willing to adjust its rules so that Barcelona can keep Messi.

I had the feeling from the start this was just a big pantomime, bet PSG are livid  ..i thought it strange that we didn't get involved, Messi must of tipped Pep off to not waste his time with them being friends 

But no doubt Peps got the Dreamliner on standby incase the plan to manipulate la liga doesn't work :ph34r::4_joy:

sport-preview-pep-2.jpg

• Subscriber

If you're La Liga do you really want a club to strongarm you considering what just transpired over the course of the last year and this club trying to break-away? I think they'll cave in because you know money is more important than integrity in football these days.

Now, if you are the other clubs in the league watching this then this could be a golden opportunity to tell La Liga your demands too and then shove it in their face so that they understand that favoring a few clubs got them into this mess in the first place. Sadly, none of that will happen and I feel like he'll just stay at Barcelona in the end. In the process pissing off all the suitors who came knocking. 

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

If you're La Liga do you really want a club to strongarm you considering what just transpired over the course of the last year and this club trying to break-away? I think they'll cave in because you know money is more important than integrity in football these days.

Now, if you are the other clubs in the league watching this then this could be a golden opportunity to tell La Liga your demands too and then shove it in their face so that they understand that favoring a few clubs got them into this mess in the first place. Sadly, none of that will happen and I feel like he'll just stay at Barcelona in the end. In the process pissing off all the suitors who came knocking. 

On the flip side, how much does Messi leaving La Liga damage the league? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

On the flip side, how much does Messi leaving La Liga damage the league? 

Plenty. I mean who can they really boast as saying they have not to mention all the sponsors who actually clamor to come there. In the end, it is a byproduct of their own mismanagement and creating an ecosystem that wasn't truly sustainable by affording teams the leeway, whether it be through TV money splits or bending the rules. Its not like they are tearing it up in Europe at the moment either and your past accolades only carry so much weight.

38 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Plenty. I mean who can they really boast as saying they have not to mention all the sponsors who actually clamor to come there. In the end, it is a byproduct of their own mismanagement and creating an ecosystem that wasn't truly sustainable by affording teams the leeway, whether it be through TV money splits or bending the rules. Its not like they are tearing it up in Europe at the moment either and your past accolades only carry so much weight.

True, unless we are having one of our famous "who is the bigger club" arguments in which case you lot tend to think your club carries more weight than the Incredible Hulk.. 

This is a farce, football's turning into a panto now. The press conference was staged wasn't it, clearly designed to strongarm La Liga into thinking we can't lose this player from our league. 

The whole sport is so far out of touch with reality now I've lost so much love for it. I used to enjoy all the summer transfer rumours etc.. but now you just know the majority of it is total bullshit created for social media attention. 

Players wages have gone that far from normal society you've got lads that would more than likely work on the bins swanning around with double figure millionaire lifestyles with women you only see with James Bond in the movies. 

It's all getting harder and harder to stomach and to see a club so controlled by a single figure like Barca have been the last few years it just shows how far the pendulum has swung the other way. Clubs held the power in the past, now a player like Messi can bully a club, Pogba is doing the same to United now, he's not been good enough for a mega pay rise but he either get's that or he goes to PSG next summer for nothing. 

If Messi stays at Barca it shows La Liga can't function without him, maybe they've had a threat that the TV deal will be pulled from under their feet. 

• The title was changed to Lionel Messi's Next Club - PSG Confirm Signing

Archived