talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Just now, CaaC - John said:

Bloody hell man, I wish I could write and speak English like you and speak different languages, the only other language I know besides English is if I stub my big toe and then yell out "AAAAHHH...you fucking bastard!!". xD

In other words, you are like any other Brazilian. I understand though, its the Germanic way ;)

I got lucky to be fair, I used to live in Canada.

22 minutes ago, Blue said:

So I just called a bus company in Acre, and despite having services that run from the borders of Peru and Bolivia, not a single person there could speak Spanish.

It feels weird though, you take a few steps within the border and all of the sudden nobody else around you could speak the same langauge as yourself. I remember the last time I was in Brazil, nobody could speak anything other than Portuguese. However, that was on the east coast. This is on the border with 2 Spanish speaking countries, that run bus services twice a day. @El Profesor is probably the best English speaker of non-foreigners in Brazil. Unique. 

Have found similar observations myself. Last time I was in England was shocked that not too far north of London no one spoke English. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Whose for cricket then xD

MPs told off for playing football in Commons chamber

5 hours ago

46508551_10156874228477855_5777208304245

A group of MPs have been reprimanded for playing football in the chamber of the House of Commons.

Hannah Bardell posted a video on social media of herself playing keepy-uppy in the parliament after the sitting was adjourned on Tuesday evening.

The SNP MP also posed for photographs in the Commons with other MPs including former sports minister Tracey Crouch.

Speaker John Bercow said the "historic chamber should not be used for this type of activity".

However, he said that several members involved had apologised, and that there were "no hard feelings".

Ms. Bardell and Ms. Crouch, a Conservative MP, had been due to play for the UK Women's Parliamentary Football Club on Tuesday, but the match was cancelled amid concerns it would clash with votes in the Commons.

The MPs later took photographs in the chamber wearing their football tops, with Ms. Bardell filmed playing keepy-uppy between the green benches.

In a statement to the Commons on Wednesday, Mr. Bercow said: "It has been brought to my attention that some football skills were displayed in the chamber yesterday evening after the House rose.

"I am informed that the doorkeepers on duty told the members concerned that the chamber was not the place for this activity, however, those doorkeepers were advised that permission had been given.

"Let me assure the House that that permission certainly did not come from me."

Mr. Bercow said he had received "gracious, indeed fulsome" letters of apology from Ms. Crouch and Labour MPs Stephanie Peacock and Louise Haigh.

Another Labour MP, Alison McGovern, was also pictured wearing her football top in the chamber.

He added: "I think I can speak for us all when I say that our historic chamber should not be used for this type of activity and I gently remind colleagues if they are seeking to use the chamber outside of sitting hours beyond for the purpose of simply showing it to guests, frankly they should write to me asking for their request to be considered.

"I have said what I have said, there are no hard feelings and I consider the matter to be closed."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-46289456

Edited by CaaC - John

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Can't believe that @nudge is still playing this game from last year!!! Talk about staying in character... 

It's over!! let it go!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6419809/Woman-steals-Christmas-presents-doorsteps-Sydney.html

Never! Once a grinch, always a grinch! 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Lovely and cold outside with sleet, the wife wanted to go out and do some shopping so I convinced her to stay inside and got a carryout from McDonald's for tea and that done me, they say there is some Arctic weather on the way with a lot of snow, that will do me, better than sleet or rain. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Snow has been threatened where I live (Liverpool/Manchester) but it hasn't come through. No doubt that it will though as it was icy at the game today!

I love snow, did some skiing in my army days in Bavaria and I loved it the wife reckons I am an Eskimo reincarnated as she hates the cold. 

• Administrator

Yeah, absolutely disgusting watching that. Looked unprovoked as well, not to mention the poor kid already has an arm injury. He looked so helpless too :(.

May be very presumptuous, but I'm willing to bet there are many issues at home for the violent one, being abused by his mum/dad no doubt in the wrong way. Not to make excuses for it obviously. Learned behaviour and all that. Apparently his older brother was charged with affray at a football match? It wouldn't surprise me if his parents are also proper knobjockeys anyway. 

31 minutes ago, Azeem said:

When you see your country getting ripped apart by international bullies than this seems so little.

By the looks of his age I doubt very much he understands the sentiments behind nationalistic and patriotic beliefs mate. I would expect that he is extremely distraught and like Dan said, given up. The worst thing is if this creates resentment and then he searches for escapism and understanding from those that peddle hate. 

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He's appearing in court apparently which is great news. 

Thank fuck,  he has been charged but "The force said the older boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will appear at Youth Court "in due course".  I bet his name will hit twitter etc some time or not.

Huddersfield school 'attack' video: Boy, 16, to be charged

46891352_10156890123587855_6337972574579

A 16-year-old boy is to be charged with assault after a video showing a boy being attacked was shared on social media.

The boy, 15, is shown being dragged to the ground at a school in Huddersfield before water is poured into his face.

The video was filmed in a lunch break at Almondbury Community School on 25 October, West Yorkshire Police said.

The force said the older boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will appear at Youth Court "in due course".

Police initially said they were investigating a report of a racially aggravated assault.

An online fundraising page set up to help the 15-year-old boy and his family has so far raised more than £50,000.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-46369501

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

By the looks of his age I doubt very much he understands the sentiments behind nationalistic and patriotic beliefs mate. I would expect that he is extremely distraught and like Dan said, given up. The worst thing is if this creates resentment and then he searches for escapism and understanding from those that peddle hate. 

I think Azeem is right in that a beating at school is nowhere near the worst thing he's lived through in his life. He's old enough to know about what's happening in his country...and has probably had to leave Syria because of it. He looks to have become numb to suffering.

2 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Thank fuck,  he has been charged but "The force said the older boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will appear at Youth Court "in due course".  I bet his name will hit twitter etc some time or not.

Huddersfield school 'attack' video: Boy, 16, to be charged

46891352_10156890123587855_6337972574579

A 16-year-old boy is to be charged with assault after a video showing a boy being attacked was shared on social media.

The boy, 15, is shown being dragged to the ground at a school in Huddersfield before water is poured into his face.

The video was filmed in a lunch break at Almondbury Community School on 25 October, West Yorkshire Police said.

The force said the older boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will appear at Youth Court "in due course".

Police initially said they were investigating a report of a racially aggravated assault.

An online fundraising page set up to help the 15-year-old boy and his family has so far raised more than £50,000.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-46369501

Yeah I saw his name in the comments of that tweet.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

9 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I think Azeem is right in that a beating at school is nowhere near the worst thing he's lived through in his life. He's old enough to know about what's happening in his country...and has probably had to leave Syria because of it. He looks to have become numb to suffering.

This. 

You'd be surprised what kids pick up on, even from an early age. Given he's 15 years old, he's probably had a life of what he himself experienced, or at least seen it happen to other people. 

Bear in mind we've only seen a very short clip of what he's been through at school. If he's been there a while, I can guarantee he's gone through days and weeks of similar treatment, verbal if not physical. 

Sadly, this is one child amongst thousands in Huddersfield, and millions and millions in the rest of the UK that this happens to. Obviously some schools are very good at actually doing something about it (bullying in any form) so it's nipped in the bud early. Other schools are bit slower to react and then it leads to what we see in the video. I would love to know what the school plans to do about this incident, though. It's very violent (strangling and water-boarding ffs) - things like that don't happen overnight so I'd bet the school knew there were issues with this kid. 

• Subscriber

I grew up in Tilbury Docks, Essex, England and that was bloody rough but when you had a fight it was one guy against the other and the best kid won, we had a big playing field called 'The Daisy Field' and word would get around that after school that there was going to be a fight, after school we would all head for 'The Daisy Field' and watch the two guys have a scrap, it was a high school so the ages was 12 to 16 years onward.

Once the fight was over we all headed home and left the two guys (with bloody noses and black eyes), shake hands and walk away together, I walked in many a time with a bloody nose and black eye with my mum yelling out "YOU HAVE BEEN FIGHTING AGAIN!!" and she would ground me for a week, my old man would just look at me with a smile and say "Did you win", more often or not I would say "Yes dad", he would then give me a wink and say "Good lad" then finish reading his paper.  

There were no mobile phones in my days, everything in them days was word of mouth or writing episodes like above I mentioned.   

I think people need to realise that we only see small clips of “incidents” these days on social media and people jump to take a side very quickly, decrying one party. I’m not saying it’s the case here but we’ve seen a very small clip here and there could be a lot more that went on prior to this clip being recorded. 

The Jamie Carragher incident earlier this year summed it up. We saw a thirty second clip of Carragher losing it and spitting in the general direction. We saw a thirty second video that probably didn’t show the full incident. 

As I said, I’m not saying this is the case with this Syrian lad but I’m certainly not going to be jumping to pick sides just yet.