talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber

We have an awful ref on Wednesday nights as well, can't keep control of the game at all. He's mate with the roughest team in the league and without fail it always kicks off in games against them - he does nothing to stop it. He claims as soon as the ball has gone he's watching it so doesn't see anything off the ball at all - it's a piss take.

People who take shitty games of small sided games of football seriously as if they're in the Champions League Final need a swift boot to the temple.  

Played in a charity 11-a-side game the other year and all money when to the chosen charities of a lad who died. So we were playing and within minutes of the game starting one of the linesmen, a volunteer and friend of the deceased, didn't give an offside against someone and this fella on the other team, who I have played against before and took games far too seriously then too, absolutely lost his shit and started shouting and swearing, I mean f***s and c***s every other word, in full view of about 100 people watching. He was reminded the reason behind the game and wouldn't stop so was eventually dragged off by the opposing side's manager. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Speaking of playing football what is the latest you lot kick-off? My league game tonight starts at 21:30. Is there anyone that can beat that?

when I played at uni, we had a 7-a-side league and matches sometimes began at 10pm.

then the next year, the earliest was 7am :o 

On 5/15/2017 at 3:32 PM, Stan said:

back from Maga about an hour ago.

absolutely steaming right now. difficult to function. can't remember last time so much alcohol was drank. Think we must have spent about £700 on Grey Goose over the 3 days xDxDxD 

How was it mate?

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Speaking of playing football what is the latest you lot kick-off? My league game tonight starts at 21:30. Is there anyone that can beat that?

At our old Goals team I could have sworn the latest KO's were around 22:00 (maybe later).

I'm the type that takes any kickabout seriously to be honest and would prefer to play with people who are the same,  3 of my best mates are the same which makes 2 on 2s very competitive which is something I prefer. Of course there's moments and times where we all meet up and it's just a laugh though at the same time. I like the competition but it takes a lot for me to lose my temper (in life in general to be honest as well). I'll have the odd pop at the referee but that's it and it's never over the top abuse anyway, it's just when I feel I need to remind him of something in the game.

I can relate to people with referees at 5 a side as well, had experience with some who are similar to what Storts explained and they don't have enough control. In my experience being a previous referee it's best to snap out anything early on to get authority in the game and if done correctly you can then earn the respect of the players. We use to laugh at Goals that the referees even struggled with keeping the right scores, so it got to the point where we'd ask them constantly what the score was.

I'd maintain the best thing you can do to a referee is be-friend them, shouting at them constantly can have some influence but not as much as people think and it can have the opposite effect as well in most cases. Anyone who was giving me constant stick on the sidelines, I'd constantly think I don't want to be seen as bowing to their pressure and most of all I don't particularly like this bloke either, so fuck him.

Anyway I read a very good book recently and I'd recommend it loads for you football players.

Image result for soccer tough simple football psychology techniques to improve your game

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
Just now, carefreeluke said:

How was it mate?

was alright and pretty decent actually until the final night.

mentioned in the Holiday Thread that 4/5 of us still feeling really rough and coughing up blood/black nasty phlegm and stomachs feel wrong, no appetite and can't control body temperatures. so we reckon our drinks were spiked on the final night which have screwed us over. we think we know who did it to us but can't be 100% sure. It's too coincidental for it not to be this person as we'd been to the same club on the first 2 nights and been fine. then this guy gets to know us during the day (one of the reps at a beach party place), carries on going out with us in to the night and then we all feel rough as fuck afterwards. 

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

was alright and pretty decent actually until the final night.

mentioned in the Holiday Thread that 4/5 of us still feeling really rough and coughing up blood/black nasty phlegm and stomachs feel wrong, no appetite and can't control body temperatures. so we reckon our drinks were spiked on the final night which have screwed us over. we think we know who did it to us but can't be 100% sure. It's too coincidental for it not to be this person as we'd been to the same club on the first 2 nights and been fine. then this guy gets to know us during the day (one of the reps at a beach party place), carries on going out with us in to the night and then we all feel rough as fuck afterwards. 

Who the fuck does that?, i mean you don't even have a pussy FFS!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, NeymarPele said:

Who the fuck does that?, i mean you don't even have a pussy FFS!

exactly. maybe they just wanted to get rid of shit they had on them. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, nudge said:

To steal their belongings, maybe? Happens quite often here in shady beach bars.

they didn't do very well with us because we all had our wallets and phones on us :D 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

How was it mate?

At our old Goals team I could have sworn the latest KO's were around 22:00 (maybe later).

I'm the type that takes any kickabout seriously to be honest and would prefer to play with people who are the same,  3 of my best mates are the same which makes 2 on 2s very competitive which is something I prefer. Of course there's moments and times where we all meet up and it's just a laugh though at the same time. I like the competition but it takes a lot for me to lose my temper (in life in general to be honest as well). I'll have the odd pop at the referee but that's it and it's never over the top abuse anyway, it's just when I feel I need to remind him of something in the game.

I can relate to people with referees at 5 a side as well, had experience with some who are similar to what Storts explained and they don't have enough control. In my experience being a previous referee it's best to snap out anything early on to get authority in the game and if done correctly you can then earn the respect of the players. We use to laugh at Goals that the referees even struggled with keeping the right scores, so it got to the point where we'd ask them constantly what the score was.

I'd maintain the best thing you can do to a referee is be-friend them, shouting at them constantly can have some influence but not as much as people think and it can have the opposite effect as well in most cases. Anyone who was giving me constant stick on the sidelines, I'd constantly think I don't want to be seen as bowing to their pressure and most of all I don't particularly like this bloke either, so fuck him.

Anyway I read a very good book recently and I'd recommend it loads for you football players.

Image result for soccer tough simple football psychology techniques to improve your game

Same usually, but this ref has sent me off a couple of times xD Usually for dissent 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

they didn't do very well with us because we all had our wallets and phones on us :D 

haha either wrong dose so not enough for you to pass out, or they were just nasty fucks and did it for amusement (yes, there are plenty of sad cunts who'd do it)...

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

haha either wrong dose so not enough for you to pass out, or they were just nasty fucks and did it for amusement (yes, there are plenty of sad cunts who'd do it)...

yep, I don't doubt we weren't the first they did it on. sad losers!

9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Whilst I agree that the lad in question there sound like a total cock there's nothing worse than playing a game of football against people who are "only there for a laugh". 

You either want to win or not, show me someone who doesn't mind losing and I will show you a loser and all.

I am a super competitive person. But often I can lose without feel bads. I love competing and I love winning and I will do anything to give myself or my team the edge. I take people out a few times a game, I intentionally hand ball to break up dangerous opposition attacks if the game is close. Anyone gives me shite and I fucking retaliate like Israel. But I can hold my head high after a loss and not get sulky or whiny.

Used to play 7-a-side during the week, mixed level and everyone there is there to just play football. Every now and then someone would turn up and give it the Roy Keane, embarrassing when everyone's just there to play, stay fit and enjoy themselves.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ATL said:

@Cannabis

Man, I had a dream last night, nothing overly sexual, but it definitely involved our ladies....even talking to you on here makes seems odd now. xD

they banged in the bedroom while you 2 made the sandwiches?

• Upvote 1

@Cannabis doesn't really have a lady. It's just his family's foreign house-keeper. She doesn't speak a word of English so he takes her around town and introduces her as his 'missus' and since she doesn't understand she just smiles and nods.

8 hours ago, Cannabis said:

You cunt xDxD

Yeah man, when I realized who the girl was in my dream, I about pissed myself. haha - Don't worry though, no sex was involved but it was still fucking weird.

How is the idea of having the forums first annual member opinions? Doesn't feel right if I open it myself.

Or Toony could introduce us to BOTU :D