talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber

Better late than never but i passed my driving test today! Should have passed years ago, and then the bad accident on my hand held me back even further. 

Anyway... less of the being chauffeured about by everyone from now on! :ay:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Congrats mate, I can remember talking to you about driving a while back. Chuffed that you've got your licence and can now get onto the road with the rest of us :). Have you got yourself a car yet?

Cheers pal. And no, looking into it now. 

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Better late than never but i passed my driving test today! Should have passed years ago, and then the bad accident on my hand held me back even further. 

i have a car that I'm selling. PM me for more details if you want. 

Congratulations though! How many minors? How did you find it?

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:57 PM, JOSHBRFC said:

Congratulations mate. Couldn't imagine life without my car.

12 minutes ago, Anton said:

Congrats Josh.

Speaking of cars, my sports car in Japan is likely to be going for scrap as I legally can't sell it anymore haha mental country...which will see me a couple of grand down. 

Lol, why's that?, because you're out of the country?

30 minutes ago, Anton said:

Basically because I don't have a residential address lol. Fucked.

@Danny really? Driving gives you the best freedom ever. One of the greatest things we can do.

I get that but it's been spend a grand on driving lessons or save to go travelling...

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

You're from Perth you have to have a car 

Agreed but even when I went to Cairns I hired a car. Japan has one of the best public transport systems in the world and I drove around there. Just get your license cunt.

53 minutes ago, Anton said:

Agreed but even when I went to Cairns I hired a car. Japan has one of the best public transport systems in the world and I drove around there. Just get your license cunt.

I'll get it when im back in the UK mum, travelling first 🙈

• Haha 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Danny said:

I get that but it's been spend a grand on driving lessons or save to go travelling...

a grand?! 

is it really that expensive in London to learn?!

When I was learning in 2007/08 it was only 20 quid a lesson. I think I had about 15-20 lessons so that was about £400. My girlfriend is learning at the moment and think it only costs her £25/lesson? 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

a grand?! 

is it really that expensive in London to learn?!

When I was learning in 2007/08 it was only 20 quid a lesson. I think I had about 15-20 lessons so that was about £400. My girlfriend is learning at the moment and think it only costs her £25/lesson? 

Maybe not a grand, but even £400 could go towards better things than a driving licence for me at the moment.

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Maybe not a grand, but even £400 could go towards better things than a driving licence for me at the moment.

fair enough. I agree with @Anton though that driving is a great liberty to have. however in London probably not so as public transport by various means is so accessible. 

Just now, Stan said:

fair enough. I agree with @Anton though that driving is a great liberty to have. however in London probably not so as public transport by various means is so accessible. 

I've got the Tube, I've got busses every 5-10 mins. Yeah it can be easier and I'll probably get it when I'm back but it's by no means a necessity in London. Same for Sydney, I can get the train wherever I need to go and I won't need to do much driving out at here whilst travelling.

• Administrator

yeah driving isn't that important in London unless your job requires it to be honest.

Anyway, my day goes like this:

Watch cricket all day
Watch F1
Watch Emirates Cup (only because it's there to watch) or the Dundee derby in the Scottish Cup (both same standard tbh)
Watch some women's football
Watch some Brazilian football

Love that I have no life sometimes xD 

7 hours ago, Azeem98 said:

You people from developed countries actually pay to learn driving :ph34r: Here in Pakistan/India just drive everyday and you will learn something everyday.. Without killing anyone hopefully :ph34r:

Would never drive in India. Fucking madness. Don't think I saw one car without dents and scratches 😂

Rant coming up so don't read if you don't want...

People were complaining about the "heat wave" we had over a month ago which lasted all of two weeks. Now we've had three weeks of bloody rain and coldish weather. Right in the middle of what are in the rest of the continent supppsed to be the hottest months of the year.

This is literally the toilet of Europe... What it doesn't piss at this time of year anywhere else, here it's discharging its waste upon us. It makes me sick and is extremely depressing. 

Edited by SirBalon