talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

Person A bought tickets for West Brom away in April of this year. Person B hadn't paid back and kept putting it off.

Person B didn't go to the last home game against Everton. Person A has their season ticket as they gave a lift home to the person who did use it.

Person B then sells their season ticket for Man City at home this weekend for the exact same amount that the West Brom ticket went for to a randomer online. Said randomer turns up at Person A's house to get the ticket and pay the money.

Person B asks Person A for the £30, and for them to pay it back to Person A at the end of the month as they're very hard up.

But Person A has also had a tight month money wise and could do with it themselves.

Who is in the wrong? I'm 99% sure I know the answer here, I just want some neutral opinions. It doesn't necessarily involve me.

Person B is a douche. 

Edited by Anton

• Administrator

Person B didn't pay back from April and that same person is also asking for more money and says they'll pay it back at end of the month.

To me, Person B needs to pull their finger out and get a grip. Also don't make promises they can't keep as they already broke one agreement in April.

Not sure why Person A should feel bad or is in the wrong cos they need their own money!

12 minutes ago, Dan said:

Person A bought tickets for West Brom away in April of this year. Person B hadn't paid back and kept putting it off.

Person B didn't go to the last home game against Everton. Person A has their season ticket as they gave a lift home to the person who did use it.

Person B then sells their season ticket for Man City at home this weekend for the exact same amount that the West Brom ticket went for to a randomer online. Said randomer turns up at Person A's house to get the ticket and pay the money.

Person B asks Person A for the £30, and for them to pay it back to Person A at the end of the month as they're very hard up.

But Person A has also had a tight month money wise and could do with it themselves.

Who is in the wrong? I'm 99% sure I know the answer here, I just want some neutral opinions. It doesn't necessarily involve me.

I feel like I have seen this before from you a few years ago, maybe even on another forum. Not even TFF. Weird.

However person A should tell person B to jog on.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

I have done a very similar post to this in the past @Any O'Brien.

Basically I agree.

I am involved. I'm person A. Person B isn't getting their money. I need it myself this month and most importantly, it is, you know, my fucking money.

Taking the piss that since April.

I booked up late to go to Ibiza with a few of my mates late August - they were going for a week from Saturday to Saturday and I wanted to just go Tuesday to Saturday. A friend of a friend said in the groupy on Facebook that he would book up with me. Daft cunt here agreed to pay for the flights and hotel on my credit card, the other lad sent me the £100 for the flights and asked if I could wait until the day we went for the hotel coin. I said that was sound and then 2 days before we go I get excuses that he was at a session and someone nicked it all. I was having my doubts about him having never really met him much and done a bit of research and was warned about him.

Over there we both had our money nicked on the first night, about €400 each. I had money in the bank but he had nowt. He literally sat in the hotel room sniffing the coke he had bought on the first day cos he couldn't afford to go out and no one trusted him to lend him money. Then on the second last night he went out with these two lasses from Leeds. The last day he literally hid in the room all day. I knew something was up so I asked and he had got 4g on Chucky off these two dealers from London who lived in the hotel 2 rooms down from us. They were knocking on the door every 5 minutes and questioning us all. He literally had to hang and drop off the balcony and sneak to the airport. 

The amount of excuses I have had off the cunt since for not giving me it, I finally lost it last week and he dropped arsed and gave me every penny. Fucking shite boring story but the moral is if you don't put your foot down you'll never get it. Tell person B to fuck off.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

I booked up late to go to Ibiza with a few of my mates late August - they were going for a week from Saturday to Saturday and I wanted to just go Tuesday to Saturday. A friend of a friend said in the groupy on Facebook that he would book up with me. Daft cunt here agreed to pay for the flights and hotel on my credit card, the other lad sent me the £100 for the flights and asked if I could wait until the day we went for the hotel coin. I said that was sound and then 2 days before we go I get excuses that he was at a session and someone nicked it all. I was having my doubts about him having never really met him much and done a bit of research and was warned about him.

Over there we both had our money nicked on the first night, about €400 each. I had money in the bank but he had nowt. He literally sat in the hotel room sniffing the coke he had bought on the first day cos he couldn't afford to go out and no one trusted him to lend him money. Then on the second last night he went out with these two lasses from Leeds. The last day he literally hid in the room all day. I knew something was up so I asked and he had got 4g on Chucky off these two dealers from London who lived in the hotel 2 rooms down from us. They were knocking on the door every 5 minutes and questioning us all. He literally had to hang and drop off the balcony and sneak to the airport. 

The amount of excuses I have had off the cunt since for not giving me it, I finally lost it last week and he dropped arsed and gave me every penny. Fucking shite boring story but the moral is if you don't put your foot down you'll never get it. Tell person B to fuck off.

That bloke you went on holiday with sounds like a fucking liability. Lucky you didn’t get stabbed by association. Thieving off dealers is one way to get yourself beaten wafer thin.

On the other hand; your story would make an epic film. 

And @Dan, your mate is having a fucking laugh asking you for the money. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

I don't know how people can go through their life like that to be honest. He's literally living off your money. I'm quite cynical about situations where people are supposedly skint because I know somewhere along the line there's been a mistake made to get to that point. Like this girl here - she can't get through this month if she don't have £30 off me? Load of utter bollocks. I'd be insane to lend it back to her when she's proven in the last seven months that she can't be trusted to pay it back.

Now I'm quite tight myself this month, but that's my own fault for relying on withdrawing money from William Hill and for paying for darts tickets at short notice. I should be fine within a week, but the last thing I need is to lend someone back the £30 they've owed me for ages that they've inadvertently paid me back.

If you're being really picky, you could accuse me of being quite sneaky by having her season ticket after the Everton game - in fairness, the one who used it lives miles away so it made sense for me to take it, but I'm sure at the time we both said I've got the power here to get that £30 off her. Sure enough, there it is. She's probably bargained for having that £30 but she shouldn't be when she's owing me money. I can't stand owing people money and I have no idea how anyone goes through life doing it regularly.

2 minutes ago, Batard said:

That bloke you went on holiday with sounds like a fucking liability. Lucky you didn’t get stabbed by association. Thieving off dealers is one way to get yourself beaten wafer thin.

On the other hand; your story would make an epic film. 

And @Dan, your mate is having a fucking laugh asking you for the money. 

If I was telling the story - adding the gory details then it is a pretty entertaining one I reckon. And if I told some of the excuses as well ha. 

I'm not going to lie I had to be talked out of giving him a hiding on the last day. The two cockney lads were both sound as a pound as well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I don't know how people can go through their life like that to be honest. He's literally living off your money. I'm quite cynical about situations where people are supposedly skint because I know somewhere along the line there's been a mistake made to get to that point. Like this girl here - she can't get through this month if she don't have £30 off me? Load of utter bollocks. I'd be insane to lend it back to her when she's proven in the last seven months that she can't be trusted to pay it back.

Now I'm quite tight myself this month, but that's my own fault for relying on withdrawing money from William Hill and for paying for darts tickets at short notice. I should be fine within a week, but the last thing I need is to lend someone back the £30 they've owed me for ages that they've inadvertently paid me back.

If you're being really picky, you could accuse me of being quite sneaky by having her season ticket after the Everton game - in fairness, the one who used it lives miles away so it made sense for me to take it, but I'm sure at the time we both said I've got the power here to get that £30 off her. Sure enough, there it is. She's probably bargained for having that £30 but she shouldn't be when she's owing me money. I can't stand owing people money and I have no idea how anyone goes through life doing it regularly.

You shouldn't feel sneaky. She should feel ashamed for going over half a year not paying £30.00 back. As I learnt from that snakey cunt, every time a date is set for the money to be paid back, it gets to that day and the goal posts are moved

• Subscriber
Just now, Any O'Brien said:

You shouldn't feel sneaky. She should feel ashamed for going over half a year not paying £30.00 back. As I learnt from that snakey cunt, every time a date is set for the money to be paid back, it gets to that day and the goal posts are moved

Correct. My stance is quite simple that I'm not sorting her out again, and I'll only do it occasionally for others too. One of my mates used to take the piss but he's got his act together somewhat now.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

If I was telling the story - adding the gory details then it is a pretty entertaining one I reckon. And if I told some of the excuses as well ha. 

I'm not going to lie I had to be talked out of giving him a hiding on the last day. The two cockney lads were both sound as a pound as well.

Well you pretty much have got to spill the beans now mate 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

This is poorly explained.

So you bought tickets for both you and person B on April and he didn't pay you?

Why did the randomer turn out at your house to get the ticket?, do you live with person B?

Why would he ask for £30?, just like a loan between friends or he thinks you owe him something?

34 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Haha, your life would make an excellent movie like Batard said. How's that about you being robbed on the first night?, what happened?

Edited by Berserker

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Haha, your life would make an excellent movie like Batard said. How's that about you being robbed on the first night?, what happened?

it actually started off with @Any O'Brien stealing food off a wheelchair spacker, and said wheelchair spacker got all his mates to find out where Geordie Dan lives and mug him

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Dan said:

Person B mate! Sly from them to be honest, how often had you talked about the original 30 quid out of interest?

22 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Sounds like a strange bloke, did he get away with not paying the dealers as well then?

28 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Person B mate! Sly from them to be honest, how often had you talked about the original 30 quid out of interest?

Sounds like a strange bloke, did he get away with not paying the dealers as well then?

Aye mate, they were basically camped out in the corridor waiting for him. I left my bag in one of my mates rooms elsewhere in the hotel because we were basically going straight from a proper disgusting ket sesh on the beach to the airport. He met me at the taxi rank in San An, I told him to be there or make his own way to the airport and he said he had to do a pure ninja style escape. Fucking bellend. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Went to the MCG today, amazing stadium. Not the biggest fan of bowls (obviously it's cricket and AFL so expected) but the steep stands gives it an edge.

Yeah I wanna do that.

As for the money business. I rarely ever lend money. Quite tight. Didn't even do rounds for ages. 

I remember when a few people owed me money and weren't paying, so I simply just passed the debt on to a good mate of mine(who you definitely don't want to owe money to) and after a few phone calls, every one of them paid that day.

Sometimes threats of violence is the only way to get your money back. Mate or no mate, if they are taking the piss, they are then no longer a real mate are they?

If a mate lends me money, they get it back as it's brilliant of them to lend you it in the first place.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1