talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 1-0 Man Utd - Saturday 9th April, 2022

• Subscriber
On 07/04/2022 at 10:09, CaaC (John) said:

With all this Eric ten Hag news blowing around as the next manager the way the United players act nowadays they will probably not give a shit if they lose or draw anyway, it's a chance for Lampard and his toffee's to win and start the great escape from relegation and use United losing as to why it happened.

The great escape @RandoEFC  ? :coffee:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Leicester don't normally travel well

Awful away from home this season. Only won at Brentford, Norwich and Burnley this season. The real measure is if we don't win at Newcastle as we always win there xD

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I did post on the relegation odds thread a few weeks ago that the easiest game that Everton had left was Man United.   Wasn't joking. 

I think people see a load of big clubs on their remaining fixtures and stop looking objectively. This was without doubt for me one of their best remaining games.

Man Utd went through a phase a couple of months ago where they looked OK but they've just given up now. Can see them finishing 7th and even that's only because Neves is out for the season and Wolves have no other midfielders.

It's been a hot minute since I saw united lay this season, and by god. By golly golly god. 

De Gea is class, and you can tell he hates the team. 
AWB and Telles aren't great players by any means, but they want to play at least. Especially Telles. Lindelof and Haz dog millionaire are cunts of the very highest order, and not very good, but Lindelof looked at least somewhat arsed. 
Fred and Matic were not pressing, or bothered at all. 
Rashford and Bruno played 'okay' for the 20 minute period United were on top. As soon as Everton scored, and stopped moping around the pitch, Rashford and Bruno took the reciprocal, and started moping round the pitch. 
Ronaldo is like a robot who's switched off completely when united don't have the ball, and only runs around when they do have it. He's half a player. 

Only De Gea and Telles get a pass from me. Lindelof and AWB get some small mercy. The rest are turgid beyond belief. The whole lot of them are either too shit for top 4, too lazy, or both.  

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think people see a load of big clubs on their remaining fixtures and stop looking objectively. This was without doubt for me one of their best remaining games.

Man Utd went through a phase a couple of months ago where they looked OK but they've just given up now. Can see them finishing 7th and even that's only because Neves is out for the season and Wolves have no other midfielders.

If there's one thing that doesn't concern me it's our remaining fixtures. We've had more points off the Super League six this season than most of the bottom six. I wasn't going to talk big before this game but I did say there was no reason we couldn't get a result here.

This Man Utd side now is a perfect storm of just can't be fucking arsedness. They were bad enough in the first place but now they have a manager who knows he won't be in charge next season and a squad that know they're not playing under a coach to whom they need to prove themselves. Now that the race for top four is probably over for them, they're barely even going through the motions on the pitch.

It actually infuriates me watching Man Utd because it makes me feel like I'm watching a bad Everton performance and usually I will have been subjected to that once already earlier in the weekend. I feel for their fans (the proper ones) because it gets to the point where it's actually difficult to keep making that emotional investment in your football team. Football has its highs and lows and goodness knows that Man Utd fans have had their fair share of highs, and you can stomach the low points if your team just aren't performing well by their standards, but when the lack of full investment from the team is so visible on the pitch, it's worse than just riding out a patch of bad form, it starts to feel as if your football club as a form of escapism is being taken away from you.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

If there's one thing that doesn't concern me it's our remaining fixtures. We've had more points off the Super League six this season than most of the bottom six. I wasn't going to talk big before this game but I did say there was no reason we couldn't get a result here.

This Man Utd side now is a perfect storm of just can't be fucking arsedness. They were bad enough in the first place but now they have a manager who knows he won't be in charge next season and a squad that know they're not playing under a coach to whom they need to prove themselves. Now that the race for top four is probably over for them, they're barely even going through the motions on the pitch.

It actually infuriates me watching Man Utd because it makes me feel like I'm watching a bad Everton performance and usually I will have been subjected to that once already earlier in the weekend. I feel for their fans (the proper ones) because it gets to the point where it's actually difficult to keep making that emotional investment in your football team. Football has its highs and lows and goodness knows that Man Utd fans have had their fair share of highs, and you can stomach the low points if your team just aren't performing well by their standards, but when the lack of full investment from the team is so visible on the pitch, it's worse than just riding out a patch of bad form, it starts to feel as if your football club as a form of escapism is being taken away from you.

I noticed this a while back with you, even of your away form - a point at Man Utd, a point at Chelsea, at home you've beaten Arsenal and Man Utd, were very unlucky against Man City as well if I recall rightly. This Man Utd side is everything you want to face at the minute. Talent in the side but zero coherence, nobody can be arsed, the manager who I saw as quite low risk, low reward has somehow turned into a net negative. I fancied Everton today, I did put a 1-1 draw but I'm not shocked at all you've won it, even for all your flaws.

I do think you can dig some wins at home. I fully expect the dog shit on the road to continue (Watford v Everton could be hilarious - the moveable object vs the stoppable force) but I feel like watching that earlier there's a bit of a siege about Everton at home now. It's exactly the kind of atmosphere I can see us crumbling under. I've for years found Goodison's atmosphere absolutely terrible but I remember how it was at that cup game a couple of years ago after you equalised and when it gets going it's superb, and I think there's more where that came from.

Basically I think after today, you're going to be fine. Watford I was talking shit about, they're obviously done, I think even if Burnley win at Norwich you're going to take some points at home. I cannot see you not beating Brentford at home for example if you really need to.

Manchester United are proper bizarre, literally haven't seen a team look so half arsed in a long time (perhaps ever) at Goodison. I've been literally shitting myself for weeks now, as I've said it's taken a toll on me mentally to be honest but I've never been as comfortable as yesterday, United weren't scoring in a month of Sunday's. 

There's some serious problems at that club that won't be fixed anytime soon.

• The title was changed to Everton 1-0 Man Utd - Saturday 9th April, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Turn up show more fight than united and you'll often win. Look at them getting smashed at Watford for example. Everton was shocking midweek against my boys and united hardly troubled that defence.. 

Million miles away from the top 3 in Premier league.. 

You could of done us a favour by beating Everton and couldn't manage that 😁😂😭

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Ronaldo being investigated for assault after he broke that fan's phone. 

Investigated? Assault? Ronaldo?

Uh oh. 

He is a proper fucking dickhead. Always has been but ya know.. Utd fans worship the cunt. 

51 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He is a proper fucking dickhead. Always has been but ya know.. Utd fans worship the cunt. 

Fucked them off for Real Madrid at the first opportunity but apparently Manchester is his home?

The way United fans idolise him is fantastic xD.

• Subscriber

Wasn't arsed seeing Ronaldo start. As another Everton fan put it on social media, "I was more scared seeing Jonjoe Kenny in the Burnley box with the ball on Wednesday than I was seeing Cristiano Ronaldo with the ball in the Everton box today".

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Don’t your lot worship a lad that tried to leave and beat up a DJ, but got his mates to cover his tracks 🤣. Every teams worships bellends. It’s not an exclusive club mate.

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Don’t your lot worship a lad that tried to leave and beat up a DJ, but got his mates to cover his tracks 🤣. Every teams worships bellends. It’s not an exclusive club mate.

I didn't say it was mate? 

Why bring Gerrard into a discussion regarding Ronaldo smashing a fans phone? 

Ok, Gerrard had a fight once. 

Ronaldo smashes a Man U fans phone. 

54 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I didn't say it was mate? 

Why bring Gerrard into a discussion regarding Ronaldo smashing a fans phone? 

Ok, Gerrard had a fight once. 

Ronaldo smashes a Man U fans phone. 

What’s the point bringing United fans into a conversation about Ronaldo smashing a phone? You know, if we’re going off that logic…..

Archived