talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid (6) aet3-1 (5) Man City - Wednesday 4th May, 2022

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

If I were a Liverpool fan I would be excited. 

The last time a team made a huge comeback at a UCL semifinal, LFC won the title.

And last time we had a "rematch" final the side that lost it the first time won it the second time.

I'm also just generally excited because I don't really like playing English sides in Europe, I like playing the big sides from other parts of the continent. And really, nobody bigger than Real Madrid to face in a final.

Plus if we end up losing, I'd rather lose to Madrid than this City side. And I fucking hate Real Madrid.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

And last time we had a "rematch" final the side that lost it the first time won it the second time.

Who? 

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

AC Milan in 2007 avenged their loss in Istanbul against us.

Weirdly we played better in the final we lost, whereas Milan were incredible in the final they lost.

Nah. After that was Barca vs Man Utd. 09 Barca won, then rematch in 2011 Barca won again. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

That really is an astonishing capitulation from a team at Man City's level on a stage as big as this.

It’s astonishing how they can’t get their head’s around this competition. Tonight was unacceptable. 

Just now, Danny said:

Wow. City absolutely collapsed, completely overwhelmed by Real Madrid once that first goal went in and when Madrid took the lead, they had nothing about them.

Not having De Bruyne on the pitch was a massive miss for them... he is so influential 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

The ref’s time keeping was insane. Five plus minutes of wasted time, he gives three, and blows the whistle before three is up 

Don't think they wanted another all English final if they could help it

• The title was changed to Real Madrid (6) aet3-1 (5) Man City - Wednesday 4th May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived