talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Can one support a single item on an agenda and oppose the rest? Not really, which is why democracy can be pretty fucking shite at times.

In theory yeah, in practice... not really. Especially when the Republican party is more of an enabling force than one to temper his agenda.

Most single issue voters almost always get burned in America. Look at Trump's coal CEO friend, who is now mortified at his tax liability increasing massively.

A bit hard for him to say he's representing the common man now with his tax scam and killing net neutrality.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

That first tweet... about the nuclear buttons. Is that intentionally sounding like some sort of penis comparison? Because it's hilarious and sounds very much like he wants to compare dick sizes with Kim Jong Un.

The Snowflake in Chief is now trying to stop the publication of a book coming about that gives a pretty scathing yet detailed inside look at the administration. Keep in mind, this is a man who asked if he could hang around with the president and advisors to get material for a book - and Trump said yes, because the article this guy wrote about Trump received a cover picture that Trump was particularly impressed with. So he knew this guy was writing a book about the inner workings of the administration and was fine with it for almost a year... but now that it might reveal some embarrassing truths about this man and the people he surrounds himself with.

I particularly like the Steve Bannon quotes that are now circling around the internet from the portions of the book that were teased.

4 hours ago, Eco said:

I'd love to hear why you are so fascinated with Trump...Especially since you are not an American.

A great deal of American policies tend to impact the world generally, not just America.

4 hours ago, Eco said:

I'd love to hear why you are so fascinated with Trump...Especially since you are not an American.

I get where you’re going with that mate and obsessions are never good.  But Trump does go on about “his big red button” and that affects the world. He can’t just do what he wants elsewhere in the world. He can do what he likes in his own country but he should leave his orange nose out of everyone else’s affaires.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

A great deal of American policies tend to impact the world generally, not just America.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I get where you’re going with that mate and obsessions are never good.  But Trump does go on about “his big red button” and that affects the world. He can’t just do what he wants elsewhere in the world. He can do what he likes in his own country but he should leave his orange nose out of everyone else’s affaires.

Never meant to insinuate that Trump just effects America, but as an American, I'm curious to know why any non-Americans like him. I think disliking him is easy, and the usual route a lot of people seem to be taking, although they aren't particularly sure outside of his 'tweets'.

I am also highly against Trump, but his tweets just make him look childish, whereas some of his policies are outlandish, and some seem to be well half-decent. I was mainly just looking to see what non-Americans think about the guy since here all we here is what Americans think about him.

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Never meant to insinuate that Trump just effects America, but as an American, I'm curious to know why any non-Americans like him. I think disliking him is easy, and the usual route a lot of people seem to be taking, although they aren't particularly sure outside of his 'tweets'.

I am also highly against Trump, but his tweets just make him look childish, whereas some of his policies are outlandish, and some seem to be well half-decent. I was mainly just looking to see what non-Americans think about the guy since here all we here is what Americans think about him.

I see mate... Just that I’ve met a number of Americans that just don’t get why people from other parts are so obssesed with him.  Most of it is obvious seeing as he’s a self obsessed baffoon, but obviously his crazy statements and the seeming search for war is another issue that doesn’t go down well.

12 hours ago, Eco said:

Here I would say he is seemingly only liked by the 5-10% of the population who have made a hatred of muslims their raison d'etre for breathing.

To another small percentage of militant types he is a symbol of someone to fight. To the vast majority he is just the product of great ridicule. The butt of so many jokes, from office jokes to tv adverts, not a day goes by that I don't come across him being mocked and humiliated. Many of us are on the floor laughing at his tweets, probably because we can, if you are American it might be a bit more serious, maybe you don't find humour in it but we find it hilarious.

12 hours ago, Eco said:

I think the bloke represents a serious danger to all of us... Anyone who has that much power and spends what seems like most of his time Tweeting 'my cocks bigger than your cock' like a 14 year old kid with an equally dangerous man across the water can only end badly in my opinion.... Fucking crazy that the majority of US Citizens voted for him in the first place... 

He is a source of ridicule over here for the majority but I don't honestly find any of it that funny at all.. The bloke is unstable and unpredictable as far as I am concerned... 

• Subscriber

The only thing I care about in relation to Trump and the US is the value of the dollar against Euro. It has been reliably and continuously going down since he's been in the office, and I hope to see more of the same, keep up the good work :ph34r: 

Trumps making a right cunt out of himself with his reactions to this book. 

I’d seriously question the WH communications team after this, the book could be ripped apart by any semi competent PR guy. It’s just basically a load of shit designed to cash in and he’s probably added a million more to its sales by biting. 

9 hours ago, Harry said:

He likes that though. Notoriety and being at the centre of the news cycle is what he needs to reach climax. 

Why else would you tweet that your,  "like, really smart."?

I think this has genuinely gotten under his skin, normally it’s a bit of playing to his audience. 

His family joining in and the personal attack on Bannon make me think he’s raging.

3 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think this has genuinely gotten under his skin, normally it’s a bit of playing to his audience. 

His family joining in and the personal attack on Bannon make me think he’s raging.

I have a feeling that when he was elected President or even when he began to contemplate the possibility that he thought with that position he could control everything and that he could make sweeping decisions on anything that could happen.

The fact he’s encountered freedom of speech and rules of etiquette, has left him dumbfounded. 

19 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Trumps making a right cunt out of himself with his reactions to this book. 

I’d seriously question the WH communications team after this, the book could be ripped apart by any semi competent PR guy. It’s just basically a load of shit designed to cash in and he’s probably added a million more to its sales by biting. 

This is the moment that would make you question the WH communications team? Because the 2 press secretaries & 3 communications directors have demonstrated nothing but incompetence from day one. So many statements that play well to the 33% of unwaivering support, but to the rest of the country only serve to add criticism and pressure on the White House.

Trump would honestly do so much for his public image if he would just shut the fuck up most of the time, and pick his battles. But by getting suckered into arguing publicly into pretty much anything critical of him, he comes off looking like an absolute mong most of the time.

Want to seem innocent after being investigated? Don't continually bitch about the investigation and try to impede it - innocent people have nothing to fear.

Want to tell the public a book is bullshit and not truthful, call the book out once as a total fabrication then say "the White House is not going to waste time and energy addressing a work of fiction" or some shit like that.

There's very little regard for optics by the Trump administration, which is why they create most of their own problems.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I have a feeling that when he was elected President or even when he began to contemplate the possibility that he thought with that position he could control everything and that he could make sweeping decisions on anything that could happen.

The fact he’s encountered freedom of speech and rules of etiquette, has left him dumbfounded. 

I don't think he had any idea of what being president is. He clearly thought he had more domestic power than he does. And his divisive policies and a seeming unwillingness to negotiate make it hard for moderate Republican congressmen and virtually impossible for Democrat congressmen to pass bills to further his agenda.

His constant public meltdowns only serve to make it harder for those lawmakers to get behind him. He might not care about the optics, but career politicians absolutely do care about the voters.

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived