talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

and the chips fall to a remained who is politically outspoken of his intent for the UK to eat out of the hand of the EU again.   

like we didn't see this coming.   to many politicians happy to sell out to their handlers and let unelected proxies decide how to run your country.   smells like freedom.

• Subscriber

Looking like Sunak might be the only one to hit the 100 MP threshold for the vote meaning the party membership won't get a vote. Best of a dreadful bunch in terms of some sanity and stability. Johnson might yet hit 100 but sounds unlikely.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

He is extremely competent. He has been working for the people of the UK for over forty years.

Nigel Farrage has been in politics for a long time and he's an idiot.

It was just the impression I got.  He had a debate with Boris and lost. Didn't always seem to know what he was doing.  I might well be wrong. I know @Dr. Gonzo wasn't to sure about him.

Like I said I did like a lot of his policies.  I'd quite happily admit I'm wrong 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

30 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

It was just the impression I got.  He had a debate with Boris and lost. Didn't always seem to know what he was doing.  I might well be wrong. I know @Dr. Gonzo wasn't to sure about him.

Like I said I did like a lot of his policies.  I'd quite happily admit I'm wrong 

Ben Shapiro would beat everyone in a debate, and he is a cunt. Means fuck all. This is a classic Sky/Fox News talking point they use at every election, 'they don't know what they doing', 'they don't have experience', and so forth in as many permutations as you like.

Farage is far from an idiot, a cunt but not an idiot.

Edited by Spike

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

Ben Shapiro would beat everyone in a debate, and he is a cunt. Means fuck all. This is a classic Sky/Fox News talking point they use at every election, 'they don't know what they doing', 'they don't have experience', and so forth in as many permutations as you like.

Farage is far from an idiot, a cunt but not an idiot.

They tried to bury Albanese on "he's a nice guy but not a leader"

Never let the murdoch media tell you who to vote for, and in England it's probably best to just not vote tory. Ever.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

They tried to bury Albanese on "he's a nice guy but not a leader"

Never let the murdoch media tell you who to vote for, and in England it's probably best to just not vote tory. Ever.

Exactly and Albo is a fucking champion. Hasn't said or done a thing wrong, so they just make shit up, that can't really be proven or disproven.

So I have a bit of a concern.  If Sunac becomes pm the racists won't vote for conservative. Which makes me worry that they will vote for ukip or possibly BNP. Now I'm not worried about the BNP but I am concerned about a conservative ukip coalition. How likely is this? Because I will seriously consider leaving the country if that happens.

@Stan @RandoEFC @Dr. Gonzo

20 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

For an idiot he lasted quite well.

In fact he called Boris out for having misleading figures on the Leave Bus.

I corrected a Brazilian lady on fb over Farage, she said Farage claimed we would get £12bn savings for the NHS and I said, 'No that was Boris not Farage'

I really hope Bojo does not win, he is a liability and might not even last until the next GE.

29 minutes ago, Waylander said:

For an idiot he lasted quite well.

In fact he called Boris out for having misleading figures on the Leave Bus.

I corrected a Brazilian lady on fb over Farage, she said Farage claimed we would get £12bn savings for the NHS and I said, 'No that was Boris not Farage'

I really hope Bojo does not win, he is a liability and might not even last until the next GE.

He said all that after brexit had won.  He never said it during the campaign.  Mate you talk some noncence but that was bad even for you.  Farage was one of the pivotal people in the leave campaign and he has told plenty of lies.  When I said he was an idiot I meant for all the lies and hatred he spreads 

• Subscriber

So Johnson pulls out of the race despite never formally announcing his standing for leader, but while claiming he had 102 nominations, despite barely half of that number having gone public, while also claiming that it was Sunak and Mordaunt who refused to do a deal with him to unify the party, after having himself done more than anyone to shape the Tory party into the disorganised mess that we have to tolerate for a "government" until the next election.

He has got to be one of the most odious cunts in the history of public life. Jetting back in from his holiday that he was for some reason taking while parliament was sitting and not during one of the ~20 weeks of recess that happen each year, unironically claiming that no I have really learned my lesson this time and I'm ready to take the job seriously. His loudest cheerleaders were briefing this morning something along the lines of "Boris 2.0 is ready to take it seriously this time. He even had his shirt tucked in when he addressed MPs this morning." Seriously, go and look it up. That's what he and his supporters think qualifies as evidence for being a good Prime Minister.

At least we don't have to tolerate him again. Sunak is a totally out of touch, plastic, right wing politician so we're still fucked but at least he should be competent enough at running things to slow down the news cycles again and not make anyone associated with the UK feel quite so actively embarrassed on a daily basis. The Tories still need to go extinct at the next election. Absolutely horrific what they've been allowed to do to this country.

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

He said all that after brexit had won.  He never said it during the campaign.  Mate you talk some noncence but that was bad even for you.  Farage was one of the pivotal people in the leave campaign and he has told plenty of lies.  When I said he was an idiot I meant for all the lies and hatred he spreads 

He did say it during the campaign, he said Boris had it wrong with his Leave Bus EU cost, he said Boris had not allowed for the rebate meaning it was £9bn.

I recall Andrew Neil's politics show agreeing Farage was right so why didn't Boris change the slogan on his Leave bus?

• Administrator

No better than Truss, surely can't be worse?

So many Indians will be so far up his arse just because they think they can relate to him. In reality, he's just like anyone else - always looking out for the rich man while the poorer in society get screwed over. It's what the Tory party stands for.

I hope he fails, miserably. We need a General Election sharpish. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Hopefully he's only as shit as May or Cameron, I dare not hope for better than that realistically.

It's actually good for Labour if he does an alright job of vaguely stabilising things. Might lead to a smaller victory for them at the next election but if they took over from Truss or Johnson they might win a bigger landslide but the mess they'd be taking over would possibly kill them within the first term in office.