talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich

4 minutes ago, Devil said:

We're not in a position to spend 100 million on a player this summer. Not unless we sell, Maguire, Mctominey, Fred, Henderson and Martial.

That's not going to happen, we'd defo take him for free next summer and he'd 100% walk away from Spurs to play for United.

I agree, the report suggests that if Kane is to join Man United, Chelsea or PSG, it's likely that he'll join them on a free next season. 

9 minutes ago, Storts said:

But it’s a fairly irrelevant trophy in the grand scheme of his individual achievements in the game and long term standing. 

His individual achievements are irrelevant. The only thing that matters is trophies, Kane's career will be severely hampered when he's remembered in the future should he not win anything.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Michael said:

I agree, the report suggests that if Kane is to join Man United, Chelsea or PSG, it's likely that he'll join them on a free next season. 

He's not signing for Chelsea or PSG. If he went Chelsea he'd be hated by Spurs fans, PSG is a club in a mess.

United are progressively getting back to being competitive for the major trophies, regardless what a frustrated fan thinks we won a trophy last season and lost another cup final.

We're not a million miles away and I'd expect us to improve again this season. If we'd added Kanes goals this coming season who knows how far we'd be able to push in the Champions league.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

His individual achievements are irrelevant. The only thing that matters is trophies, Kane's career will be severely hampered when he's remembered in the future should he not win anything.

They’re not though, and that’s just very silly. Nobody remembers Shearer for his one title with Blackburn. He’s remembered for his goals. Nobody’s perception of Kane as a world class striker is altered by a couple of German leagues. 

Just now, Whiskey said:

Maybe he wins the Euros with England.

We're certainly one of the top three sides in Europe now.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Devil said:

I agree City will win the league for the foreseeable future but the Champions league is a possibility.

A lot of luck can go your way in the competition and I'd say that's a more realistic short term title than a 38 game season against City.

For sure, CL much more achievable than a league title 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Maybe he wins the Euros with England.

We're certainly one of the top three sides in Europe now.

That’s always been my hope, that he got over the line with England and that would forever be his legacy trophy wise (if not with us)

7 minutes ago, Devil said:

He's not signing for Chelsea or PSG. If he went Chelsea he'd be hated by Spurs fans, PSG is a club in a mess.

United are progressively getting back to being competitive for the major trophies, regardless what a frustrated fan thinks we won a trophy last season and lost another cup final.

We're not a million miles away and I'd expect us to improve again this season. If we'd added Kanes goals this coming season who knows how far we'd be able to push in the Champions league.

He probably won't go to Chelsea, but ultimately it's money that talks. PSG are in the middle of transition, with the likes of Neymar likely to leave them soon. So they will want to add some world class players to their squad, seeing as they are loaded with cash. Although I do agree that Man Utd are his most likely destination next season, if he doesn't end up joining Bayern this summer. Man United are actually in very good shape as a club and they are looking stronger than I have seen them in over a decade.

If, if, if...he goes, how on earth do Spurs replace him? Any targets mooted? It's like 20-25 PL goals guaranteed.

Obviously £100m should net you a pretty good striker but we are talking about someone that offers more than just goals to their play. 

I guess there is a back up plan they have prepared for but that's a pretty daunting prospect and no guarantees they get their target either.

Straight off the bat, I wonder if someone like Mitrovic would be a solid immediate stop gap?

Edited by Lucas

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

If, if, if...he goes, how on earth do Spurs replace him? Any targets mooted? It's like 20-25 PL goals guaranteed.

Obviously £100m should net you a pretty good striker but we are talking about someone that offers more than just goals to their play. 

I guess there is a back up plan they have prepared for but that's a pretty daunting prospect and no guarantees they get their target either.

Straight off the bat, I wonder if someone like Mitrovic would be a solid immediate stop gap?

I don't think they can replace him with just a like-for-like replacement. At least not easily. I think they'd have to rebuild the side and have a new approach to the season.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don’t think we go like for like. It’s impossible. 

The new system means that we shouldn’t be so overreliant on one player, which is start. Richarlison will play through the middle (if fit)

We’ve signed Veliz and I think we will sign Gift Orban as well. Two young strikers with lots of potential.

I imagine we will go out and use the money to buy another CB and another winger, rather than out and out striker

Edit: if there is one player that I think we might for its Toney 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think they can replace him with just a like-for-like replacement. At least not easily. I think they'd have to rebuild the side and have a new approach to the season.

We are doing that anyway, whether Kane is here or not 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

We are doing that anyway, whether Kane is here or not 

You'll have more money to rebuild without Kane. Obviously the issue there is you lose your superstar - but if he's not signing a contract, it's better business to take the cash and rebuild with that. Because with or without Kane, there's no telling where Spurs (or any club, for that matter... well other than City tbh) end up at the end of the season.

48 minutes ago, Storts said:

They’re not though, and that’s just very silly. Nobody remembers Shearer for his one title with Blackburn. He’s remembered for his goals. Nobody’s perception of Kane as a world class striker is altered by a couple of German leagues. 

Very good point. Yes, being a serial winner tends to get post career opportunities of Hansen & Lawrenson. Neville & Keane. etc. etc. But nobody remembers Shearer as anything other than the Newcastle & England striker that scored lots of goals & lost 2 consecutive FA Cup finals.

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm not saying he would ever match Kane for Spurs. But they do have that guy who generally is used as a winger. Seen as slightly overrated. Unless he's playing for his nation, Brazil. And then he starts bicycle kicking & keepy-upping on the biggest stage possible. As a striker. If he can't help Spurs get over Kane, there's not too many other options. Especially when you consider Man United & Chelsea's never ending striker searches.

Sky Germany latest:

Kane wants to join FC Bayern and is true to his word, according to Sky!

After very positive and respectful talks between Bayern, Tottenham and Kane's management on Thursday evening, a move is "now more likely" Sky has learned.

Negotiations are in the final stages.

15 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I think Kane goes to Bayern then returns to a big English club in 18 months. Still wouldn't rule out a City move to rotate with Alvarez when Haaland goes.

Haaland will stay for 10 years at least, Madrid are getting Mbappe so that's out for him and Barca are a mess, where else could he go?

• The title was changed to Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich