talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Moises Caicedo - Chelsea Sign Midfielder

28 minutes ago, Stan said:

I thought these long contracts weren't allowed any more? 

They are with regards to the player’s book value. The Amortization when spreading the payment is only 5 years however. 

Glad this saga is finally over. A player we desperately need 

Edited by Cicero

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Not sure what the point of FFP is.

There was never any point to it. FIFA needed to look like it was going to do something about the parity issue in Football but they learned very quickly that their coffers being fed was more important than the sport being fair. Accountants and Lawyers have made a killing here. 

You are allowed a £105m loss over a 3 year period. If they spread their purchases out over 5 years but sales revenue in less they probably can do this.

If the Saudi's bought their players with cash then even more so.

It's if they don't finish in the top 4 they will probably have to fire sale or could be in big trouble.

• Subscriber

They should just get rid of the "Fair" part of FFP because the end result is that Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City can spend almost endless amounts of money. Liverpool and Arsenal spend big on transfers as well but at least seem to have to pick and choose between players instead of having seemingly unlimited resources. I don't really know where Spurs fall between those and the rest but everyone else basically gets one chance to do a big wave of spending and if that doesn't generate them their money back then they end up crippled for years.

People will point to Newcastle as an example of it being possible to break the glass ceiling but it took them becoming one of the richest clubs in world football overnight and make no mistake that if their first wave of proper spending had gone wrong they'd be another Everton within 3-4 years.

If you want to make football in any way fair then you have to introduce a budget cap. All of the big clubs would still have overwhelming advantages by starting with better players, bigger stadiums and other pull factors. Except then they'd have to earn the right to stay at the top by getting their recruitment right. Man Utd have got away with years of mismanagement spending as much as Man City and having barely anything to show for it, while Chelsea can get away with spending £40m-£80m each on Lukaku, Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Koulibaly, Cucurella, Kepa, Ziyech over the past few years only for every single one of them to flop and they just get to do it again and again. I'm sure I'll get the usual twisted defences about sustainable income and money generated from the academy but these are advantages they put into place with their oil money before FFP that now nobody else has a realistic opportunity to replicate themselves.

This talk of Chelsea signing Lavia as well on top of Caicedo is completely insane. It's one thing getting their first choice and Liverpool having to settle for the inferior player of the two but Chelsea spending over £150m to take both of them and even Liverpool not being able to get either because Chelsea can blow them that far out of the water financially, is fucking mental if it happens.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

They should just get rid of the "Fair" part of FFP because the end result is that Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City can spend almost endless amounts of money. Liverpool and Arsenal spend big on transfers as well but at least seem to have to pick and choose between players instead of having seemingly unlimited resources. I don't really know where Spurs fall between those and the rest but everyone else basically gets one chance to do a big wave of spending and if that doesn't generate them their money back then they end up crippled for years.

People will point to Newcastle as an example of it being possible to break the glass ceiling but it took them becoming one of the richest clubs in world football overnight and make no mistake that if their first wave of proper spending had gone wrong they'd be another Everton within 3-4 years.

If you want to make football in any way fair then you have to introduce a budget cap. All of the big clubs would still have overwhelming advantages by starting with better players, bigger stadiums and other pull factors. Except then they'd have to earn the right to stay at the top by getting their recruitment right. Man Utd have got away with years of mismanagement spending as much as Man City and having barely anything to show for it, while Chelsea can get away with spending £40m-£80m each on Lukaku, Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Koulibaly, Cucurella, Kepa, Ziyech over the past few years only for every single one of them to flop and they just get to do it again and again. I'm sure I'll get the usual twisted defences about sustainable income and money generated from the academy but these are advantages they put into place with their oil money before FFP that now nobody else has a realistic opportunity to replicate themselves.

This talk of Chelsea signing Lavia as well on top of Caicedo is completely insane. It's one thing getting their first choice and Liverpool having to settle for the inferior player of the two but Chelsea spending over £150m to take both of them and even Liverpool not being able to get either because Chelsea can blow them that far out of the water financially, is fucking mental if it happens.

Transfer fees are relative.

Its the wages that would need to be imposed on the big clubs, and on a global scale. 

Just shy of £900m in about 12 months is outrageous.

I think if ever there was a club that were to go bust and deserve it without any sympathy for anyone it'd be Chelsea, their fans are not worried by this in the slightest, business as usual. Just happy clapping along as they spend the GDP of Samoa, it's gobsmacking really.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Transfer fees are relative.

Its the wages that would need to be imposed on the big clubs, and on a global scale. 

Yeah it's in no way realistic to implement. All I'm saying if you want "fair" then that's your best solution.

They need to stop calling it FFP and just start referring to it as financial regulation or sustainability rules or whatever.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think if ever there was a club that were to go bust and deserve it without any sympathy for anyone it'd be Chelsea, their fans are not worried by this in the slightest, business as usual. Just happy clapping along as they spend the GDP of Samoa, it's gobsmacking really.

Oh piss off Danny.

You don't half shy away from slandering Chelsea but the part in bold is simply bollocks. @Bluewolf and I have spent the past 12 months showing our concerns regarding our spending and scatter gun approach. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

I have to agree with @Cicero here mate, bit naughty that thinking we don't give a shit about what and how money has been spent since he took over... Obviously you don't read many of our posts

• The title was changed to Moises Caicedo - Chelsea Sign Midfielder