talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, fuck that bullshit entirely lol. If Coutinho goes this close to the season starting, FSG have chosen money over glory. That's not how you grow as a football club.

Especially not when we're flush with fucking cash. Sell him, just because "that's our place" when we don't need the money? Jesus fucking wept, what kind of melts are you? The ONLY way it's justifiable to sell him is if we get Suarez back (obviously not happening) or if we get a fee upwards of £150m AND we sign a replacement first (which would require a lot of competence from our recruitment team... so that's not going to happen).

Unfortunately, that's football. These elite clubs, when their academy fails, get to pick at the best players from clubs down the food chain. Liverpool should feel proud that Barcelona are coming to their door again, not anger. 

Let Coutinho go to better his career and then find the next one, improve him and then maybe Madrid, PSG or Barcelona can come back again. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Unfortunately, that's football. These elite clubs, when their academy fails, get to pick at the best players from clubs down the food chain. Liverpool should feel proud that Barcelona are coming to their door again, not anger. 

Let Coutinho go to better his career and then find the next one, improve him and then maybe Madrid, PSG or Barcelona can come back again. 

Fuck off dickhead xD

3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Imagine Klopp in a press conference saying how proud he is to have had the privilege of selling a player to Barcelona. xD

Is that only a privilege if he sells to Barça?

I didn't know it was held in such high esteem to sell to them. xD:D

14 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Imagine Klopp in a press conference saying how proud he is to have had the privilege of selling a player to Barcelona. xD

Not that bad of a shout. PR team should really talk to him about this. 

Liverpool could get something out of this. Guarantee of a friendly every pre-season over the course of Coutinho's first contract and maybe even first pick of some of their Barca B players and first teamers like Alexis, Pedro, Affelay etc that just can't make the grade. 

47 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

See this is where I have the issue with people claiming it's FSG that are ruining us. 

In this particular scenario both club and Klopp have said Coutinho is not for sale. 

Klopp has also said that no player will be sold without him sanctioning it and we have already rejected over £90m. 

Klopp (on numerous occasions) has said that he will NEVER keep a player that wants to leave, he also said he would never sign a player that wasn't 100% committed to joining the club (Draxler etc).

Its very easy without knowing the ins and outs of the story to assume that FSG are delighted that Coutinho is on his way, but is that the true picture?

Its been well documented that Coutinho is 'open' to the move so how do we know that behind the scenes Coutinho hasn't told Klopp that he wants off? 

If that's the case then Klopp himself has said he wouldn't stand in a players way, proven by him spending 7 years at Dortmund who constantly sold their best players. 

Fuck me I really am sick of hearing this "FSG are cunts" bollocks. There's more to big player/money transfers than "oh, we've sold him, it's the owners fault".  

Before it gets to the owners there are things like :Does the player want the move? :Does the manager want a player who wants to move? :Does the manager think he can improve the team with the insane money on offer?

Surely you lot don't think it's as simple as the owners saying "yeahhhh gimme gimme gimme"?

Fuck sake xD

Now, if Coutinho is sold and Klopp walks out on the club stating that he's been undermined then I'll gladly hold my hands up and say "yeah, FSG are cunts".

But if Coutinho is sold and Klopp comes out all smiles and hugs as he usually does then I'll continue to assume that some of you lot are bedwetting bastards :D

I don't think FSG are ruining us. They've got us flush with cash and brought in a manager that has us working on a long term project. We look stable for once, but selling Coutinho undermines the stability by selling him this late in the transfer market. It would be another rebuilding project instead of working on our current plans for the season.

There are quality players out there, and Liverpool could sell Coutinho for silly money and come out better, if they were prepared. Problem is, they aren't rn.

Ideally they could get one more season out him, scout a list of targets, and sell and replace him ASAP next summer.

However, that opens the chance that Barca don't offer as much next season, since they aren't in panic mode like they are rn.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think FSG are ruining us. They've got us flush with cash and brought in a manager that has us working on a long term project. We look stable for once, but selling Coutinho undermines the stability by selling him this late in the transfer market. It would be another rebuilding project instead of working on our current plans for the season.

I know mate and I get the frustration but they are coming at us hard now because of losing Neymar. Bad timing for us yes but hardly FSG's fault. I don't think they had any intention of selling him, nor welcomed the bids. 

We might refuse to sell him and all is fine and dandy, or we could refuse to sell him and all hell breaks lose. 

Nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes and that's my point. 

All this FSG bashing constantly by the known few is boring, short sighted and based on nothing but agenda, pushed by their only arquement that we haven't won anything under them whilst totally ignoring the positive side of things. 

I agree it's shit that 2 days before the start of the season we are having to fend off probably the biggest club of all time for one of our best players but fuck me come on, let's think about things for a minute instead of rushing on here to slate the owners at the first sign of trouble like Mike and FOYM does. 

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

There are quality players out there, and Liverpool could sell Coutinho for silly money and come out better, if they were prepared. Problem is, they aren't rn.

Ideally they could get one more season out him, scout a list of targets, and sell and replace him ASAP next summer.

However, that opens the chance that Barca don't offer as much next season, since they aren't in panic mode like they are rn.

That's exactly it. We aren't fully prepared because nobody expected PSG to trigger Neymar's £200m release clause, but because they did, it's sent Barcelona into panic mode... Unfortunately for us. 

Im almost positive that had Neymar stayed at Barcelona, they wouldn't have come in half as hard for Coutinho. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's exactly it. We aren't fully prepared because nobody expected PSG to trigger Neymar's £200m release clause, but because they did, it's sent Barcelona into panic mode... Unfortunately for us. 

Im almost positive that had Neymar stayed at Barcelona, they wouldn't have come in half as hard for Coutinho. 

It didn't send Barça into panic mode at all...  The three players they were looking to sign (Coutinho one of those) was pre-sale of Neymar!  Dembélé is the only one they're interested in now after what happened with Neymar.  The understandable difference is that seeing what Neymar went for, the clubs that are negotiating with Barça now want more for what is being asked for.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It didn't send Barça into panic mode at all...  The three players they were looking to sign (Coutinho one of those) was pre-sale of Neymar!  Dembélé is the only one they're interested in now after what happened with Neymar.  The understandable difference is that seeing what Neymar went for, the clubs that are negotiating with Barça now want more for what is being asked for.

There is no way on this earth Barcelona bid £95m for Coutinho if not for the sale of Neymar, whether they wanted him before or not. 

Thats my point! The sale of Neymar has seen Barca go all out for Coutinho whereas before they may have made an enquiry and possibly bid, but not to this extent. Make no mistake, they are desperate, they are in panic mode. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

There is no way on this earth Barcelona bid £95m for Coutinho if not for the sale of Neymar, whether they wanted him before or not. 

Thats my point! The sale have Neymar has seen Barca go all out for Coutinho whereas before they may have made an enquiry and possibly bid, but not to this extent. Make no mistake, they are desperate, they are in panic mode. 

I'm not disputing whether or not they're in any sort of panic mode...  I have no idea about that as it hasn't made any headlines in the Spanish sports media and I doubt that would make the English media before it makes their news.  The fact Barça were looking to sign Coutinho before Neymar departed has relevance in the fact they wanted him beforehand.  It's the the owning club that now obviously and understandably wants more money.

What's so difficult to understand there when as I said before, Coutinho isn't a replacement for Neymar at all!  One situation has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Bidding 90million pounds for coutinho is panicking, the only way they could appear more worried is if they bid more.

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Bidding 90million pounds for coutinho is panicking, the only way they could appear more worried is if they bid more.

I'm not sure it is!  I think I know where you're coming from if it's in the fact that he isn't worth that...  I agree!  I've said it here many times before.

But if they really want him, then they're now the victims of the money they've received and that any club they're potentially interested in will now obviously be party of the situation where the price is heavily inflated.  I'm not blaming the selling club, I'm questioning the necessity in terms of Coutinho and my past posts demonstrate this.

Obviously the technical staff at Barça who've had their eye on Coutinho for TWO YEARS want him and now they're being told that they have to raise their price due to two factors being the one I've just mentioned on the money they've received for Neymar and also the fact Klopp doesn't want to lose him at this stage when it wasn't planned.

To be honest...  The criticism or any sort of merriment shouldn't be directed at Barcelona because clubs the size of them are always looking for the best players.  It's not like that comes as a surprise!

The criticism here should be aimed by Liverpool fans at their own club for not having pre-planned for anything like this possibly occurring.  For me Liverpool are run in a similar manner to Arsenal in the sense that they're foreign to how this works in Europe and that too much power is given to the coach....  Klopp isn't a manager!  He's never been a manager and the lack of understanding behind the scenes seems to be having Liverpool in a sense of panic.  Barcelona may either overpay or not!  If they don't Liverpool will eventually lose the player for less although keep him for now.  Barcelona don't actually need to sign this particular player although for some reason they're intent on doing so which leads me to think that they feel PSG will eventually go in for him...  If this is the case, then all the more reasons as to why elections should arrive sooner rather than later at the club.

This is a club (Barcelona) situation and nothing whatsoever with the club being in dire need of anything other than to replace Neymar of which Coutinho HAS NEVER BEEN THAT PLAYER!  People here are intent on connecting the Neymar issue to Coutinho which isn't at all associated.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Hypothetically speaking, would Barca be even interested in Coutinho had they got Verratti? 

NO!

Not at all!

Infact... Had Barça signed Verratti, and what occurred with Neymar hadn't...  Barcelona would stopped short at the Italian midfielder coupled with the Semedo signing.

The emphasis was put on a partner for Busquets and signing a rotation player for Aleix Vidal.  Coutinho was always meant to be for the future.

45 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I'm not sure it is!  I think I know where you're coming from if it's in the fact that he isn't worth that...  I agree!  I've said it here many times before.

But if they really want him, then they're now the victims of the money they've received and that any club they're potentially interested in will now obviously be party of the situation where the price is heavily inflated.  I'm not blaming the selling club, I'm questioning the necessity in terms of Coutinho and my past posts demonstrate this.

Obviously the technical staff at Barça who've had their eye on Coutinho for TWO YEARS want him and now they're being told that they have to raise their price due to two factors being the one I've just mentioned on the money they've received for Neymar and also the fact Klopp doesn't want to lose him at this stage when it wasn't planned.

To be honest...  The criticism or any sort of merriment shouldn't be directed at Barcelona because clubs the size of them are always looking for the best players.  It's not like that comes as a surprise!

The criticism here should be aimed by Liverpool fans at their own club for not having pre-planned for anything like this possibly occurring.  For me Liverpool are run in a similar manner to Arsenal in the sense that they're foreign to how this works in Europe and that too much power is given to the coach....  Klopp isn't a manager!  He's never been a manager and the lack of understanding behind the scenes seems to be having Liverpool in a sense of panic.  Barcelona may either overpay or not!  If they don't Liverpool will eventually lose the player for less although keep him for now.  Barcelona don't actually need to sign this particular player although for some reason they're intent on doing so which leads me to think that they feel PSG will eventually go in for him...  If this is the case, then all the more reasons as to why elections should arrive sooner rather than later at the club.

This is a club (Barcelona) situation and nothing whatsoever with the club being in dire need of anything other than to replace Neymar of which Coutinho HAS NEVER BEEN THAT PLAYER!  People here are intent on connecting the Neymar issue to Coutinho which isn't at all associated.

We did plan for it mate, he signed a 5 year contract in January.

Coutinho hasn't said anything. Hasn t handed in a transfer request or rocked the boat. I bet that even though he'd like to join Barca, that he will accept that we wouldn't want to sell him this late in the window. Plus, the world cup is next year, so if he stays then he will continue to perform to his best ability until at least next summer. 

So...if we have a player who will work hard for the team, Klopp will not want him out the club. He won't sanction a sale this late on. If he ends up leaving it will because the owners took the money and ran, it'll be a fucking disgrace and it'll stunt our development at a team and club yet again. 

I hope he stays. It's about time the Premier League made a stand to Barcelona and Real Madrid to keep our best players. If we do that then hopefully we will see more of a shift over time and the best players in the world will start playing here again.

Moreover, if Liverpool did land Naby Keita and keep Coutinho they'd be building a team that could challenge for the title. If they lose Coutinho, fail to get Keita, and Klopp is livid they could be back to square one.

11 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Coutinho hasn't said anything. Hasn t handed in a transfer request or rocked the boat. I bet that even though he'd like to join Barca, that he will accept that we wouldn't want to sell him this late in the window. Plus, the world cup is next year, so if he stays then he will continue to perform to his best ability until at least next summer. 

So...if we have a player who will work hard for the team, Klopp will not want him out the club. He won't sanction a sale this late on. If he ends up leaving it will because the owners took the money and ran, it'll be a fucking disgrace and it'll stunt our development at a team and club yet again. 

He hasn't handed in a transfer request and he won't because he respects the club. But he has told Klopp that he would like to move to Barça. 

Archived