Saturday 6th May, 2023
Bournemouth vs Chelsea
Man City vs Leeds (Live on Sky)
Tottenham vs Crystal Palace
Wolves vs Aston Villa

Liverpool vs Brentford (Live on Sky)

Sunday 7th May, 2023
Newcastle vs Arsenal, 16.30

West Ham vs Man Utd, 19.00 (Live on BT Sport)

Monday 8th May, 2023
Fulham vs Leicester

Brighton vs Everton, 17.30 (Live on BT Sport)

Nottm Forest vs Southampton, 20.00 (Live on Sky)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing to look forward to in going into a fixture where you know you have maybe a 2 or 3% chance of getting something from.

Just got to keep the goals against down as low as possible. That's it.

• Subscriber

Fulham have lost 8 of their last 10, are missing Mitrovic, are missing Pereira, are missing Ream, have nothing to really play for at all. They are everything you want to face in our situation. If we cannot get the right result out of this, quite frankly, we are not worthy of playing in this division.

I can see another chaotic game. They're a quite open attacking team anyway and we will feel we have to go for it.

This feels like a bit of a last chance saloon for me. We're not likely to drop into the bottom 3 this weekend given who Leeds / Everton play but the big worry I have about Leicester is our proven track record of freezing when the pressure is really on. Basically if we go into the final game needing a result I'm about 90% sure we won't get it.

20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

There is nothing to look forward to in going into a fixture where you know you have maybe a 2 or 3% chance of getting something from.

Just got to keep the goals against down as low as possible. That's it.

2%

• Subscriber

Leeds making that game somewhat competitive will give them a boost ahead of their remaining fixtures which I'm not keen on. 

On the bright side, Chelsea finally won a game which is good because they need to give Forest a hammering for us.

17 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Leeds making that game somewhat competitive will give them a boost ahead of their remaining fixtures which I'm not keen on.

I said it was all about damage limitation so to come away from there having lost by a single goal is not bad at all.

I've one eye on that goal difference and we're level with yourselves and 7 infront of Forest so that might be worth an extra point at the end of the day.

Seeing Haaland take it to the corner flag to protect their lead in the 89th minute amused me.

Well that result has ramped up the pressure on United and Newcastle tomorrow.

I know we've got games in hand but you've got to win them and that's something we're struggling with at the moment.

We have just ramped the pressure up on Utd and Newcastle. I still expect them both to win enough to stay in the top four, but it’s at least nice keeping them honest. 

16 minutes ago, Rick said:

We have just ramped the pressure up on Utd and Newcastle. I still expect them both to win enough to stay in the top four, but it’s at least nice keeping them honest. 

United have improved but not a huge amount, Liverpool are still the better side. I've said it all season we've benefited massively from Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs form. 

That's no disrespect to the other sides around us but reality is we started the season looking at each others fixtures and all the big six look for each other.

I think we will struggle tomorrow, City took a while to break West Ham down.

If we beat West Ham and it goes back to four I think we'd have to lose the lot to finish outside. Tomorrow nights game is now do or die.

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Danny said:

Have I missed it or have Sky not covered any of our play throughout the game? No breakdown? Just a Thomas Frank interview and then off to City?

Come ooooon, you've been up nearly two years now. This can't be news to you xD.

27 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Come ooooon, you've been up nearly two years now. This can't be news to you xD.

I’m used to no coverage before the game, that’s happened a lot. But this is the first time I’ve seen it happen after a game lol. They really don’t hide their bias.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived