talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 37 Fixtures - 20-25th May, 2023

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

That Leeds game today was my biggest worry really but thankfully West Ham turned up and Leeds had no answer. A lot of people including me have talked about which team has it "in their hands". I think that's a relevant thing to cling on to at the top of the table but when you're as shite as Everton, Leeds and Leicester, it's never in your hands because you can't win football matches if the opposition play near their best.

As long as Leicester don't produce a surprise tomorrow night, we're now in a position where drawing at home to Bournemouth is good enough unless Leeds beat Spurs by 3 goals or something. We're very lucky to be in that position when we've totted up a meagre 33 points from 37 games. I really hope there are no pitch invasions this time if we stay up because barring major change behind the scenes, this is what we are as a football club now and we'll be going through it all again next season.

Need to scrap that USA tour and stay at in England for preseason. Needs to be zero distractions and enough time for Poch to instill his ideas and get this team into shape. 

Fearing Lampard has done some irreversible damage to the players. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Don't rate Parker myself, though he'll probably get you promoted from the Championship if he can splash the cash and piss his way to promotion like he did with Fulham and Bournemouth. 

As we saw with Bournemouth this season though, he whinged about their transfer policy (ie. needed more money), was dismissed and now they're spending another season in the prem, while Parker is currently out of a job.

Funnily enough as well, Fulham have had a cracking season after winning promotion, which Parker failed to do before.

Basically, I'm saying Parker is a bit shit.

I'm inclined to not rate him either, but in fairness to him, he's twice achieved in recent years what we want to achieve. He'd be nowhere near the top of my list, but I can understand why he'd be viewed as a safe bet.

If he got us up, failed in the PL then we had to sack him... well I think I can live with that.

Chelsea guaranteed to finish outside the top 10 now. Doesn't make sense how they had such a terrible season after so much investment. The argument of "too many new faces" might explain dropping out the top 4 but dropping out the top 10 is ridiculously bad.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Need to scrap that USA tour and stay at in England for preseason. Needs to be zero distractions and enough time for Poch to instill his ideas and get this team into shape. 

Fearing Lampard has done some irreversible damage to the players. 

Look on the bright side, at least yours isn't happening 5 days before your first game. We've remarkably agreed to play Liverpool and Spurs in the far east 5 days before the Championship kicks off. Our idiocy never fails to amaze me.

• Subscriber

Find it absolutely mental how it's in our hands. I know every year you think it's about who is the least shit but this feels on another level. The fact we could still survive is remarkable.

We won't though. Can't even be bothered going into detail. All this weekend did was ensure me they're just going to drag this shit out as long as possible which was entirely predictable.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Dan said:

Find it absolutely mental how it's in our hands. I know every year you think it's about who is the least shit but this feels on another level. The fact we could still survive is remarkable.

We won't though. Can't even be bothered going into detail. All this weekend did was ensure me they're just going to drag this shit out as long as possible which was entirely predictable.

Maddison apparently not in the squad. 

Third time he's not played against Newcastle this season if that's the case. 

For someone that started his Leicester career and has gone on to be such a pivotal player for us, he can be such a devious and sly prick as well. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Maddison is proper off ain't he.

1 win in our last 14 and he didn't play in that game xD 

A bit of a misleading stat, as he has goals and assists in games we've lost/drawn, but his performances since the World Cup have been so below-par. Head was turned last summer no doubt, but he's gone off the boil a lot recently. 

• Subscriber

He's a very talented player but I've just never quite warmed to him in the way I feel I should've done. Bit like Rodgers in a way.

Didn't even clock it's the third time he's missed playing Newcastle.

The idea he carries us was true maybe 6 months ago but I don't think it is now. He's essentially got one game now to actually fit that narrative - and even then it would require us winning tonight without him, so again, it doesn't really work.

Don't get me wrong there are other players who are more guilty this season but I also don't quite buy this idea that he's the one shining light. He's just simply not been that effective post Qatar.

18 hours ago, 6666 said:

Chelsea guaranteed to finish outside the top 10 now. Doesn't make sense how they had such a terrible season after so much investment. The argument of "too many new faces" might explain dropping out the top 4 but dropping out the top 10 is ridiculously bad.

Perhaps, though you could argue similar with Forest and they managed to stay in the prem despite it.

For Chelsea, easily the worst team and managers of the season, with Spurs the only team to come remotely close.

• Administrator

Our midfield will get obliterated.

It's too static and immobile compared to the energy and dynamism that Guimaraes and Longstaff can give.

We're getting battered because Newcastle attack at will. Our midfield and defence won't be able to cope.

• Administrator

Shitting myself with those chances that hit the post after holding out for so long.

Just need one attack and one chance with this kind of tactic. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived