talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jordan Henderson Leaves Saudi Arabia for Ajax

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

For Henderson that country is to hard on his soft English pasty skin.  For Salah it's home, he will have no problems

The likes of Benzema and Firmino want out of there too. Why would Salah, still at his peak and not slowing down any time soon, want to go and play there? 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

The likes of Benzema and Firmino want out of there too. Why would Salah, still at his peak and not slowing down any time soon, want to go and play there? 

I haven't read about anyone of them wanting to leave, Henderson seems to be the only one.

Salah will not go yet but maybe after 2025.

5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I haven't read about anyone of them wanting to leave, Henderson seems to be the only one.

Salah will not go yet but maybe after 2025.

Firmino wants out for the Americas.

19 hours ago, Spike said:

@Dr. Gonzo lmaoing

Imagine selling your credibility and reputation and then a few months later realising it was a bad idea :8_laughing:

I think Salah will be wary of moving to Saudi. Not just football wise, but comfort of living. He’s far more open minded than some Muslims, and the abuse he gets for celebrating Christmas is ridiculous. 

I wonder if Brighton will make a move for him.

I think one issue, aside from his credibility and reputation being left in tatters, is his age. He wants regular first team football, he couldn't get that guarantee from Klopp. Is he still good enough for a regular role at a midtable (or better) club? He showed signs of his age last season and he looked pretty far from his best. Even Milner put in more energetic performances last year and Milner is a few years older.

I think he's got qualities that any manager would value in their dressing room, leadership and experience are two things he's got in abundance, but can he be relied on to consistently perform at his age?

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2024 at 17:30, Cicero said:

I think Salah will be wary of moving to Saudi. Not just football wise, but comfort of living. He’s far more open minded than some Muslims, and the abuse he gets for celebrating Christmas is ridiculous

Obviously shouldn't be receiving abuse for it but it is quite weird. It'd be like Jordan Pickford randomly deciding to celebrate Eid with his family.

29 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Obviously shouldn't be receiving abuse for it but it is quite weird. It'd be like Jordan Pickford randomly deciding to celebrate Eid with his family.

Its under my radar whatever that is all about. But I'm not sure about it being weird. If I was living in a nation that has different religious 'origin' holidays, I imagine I would take part in whatever the national festivities are. Not sit at home pretending it was just a regular day. Just the same way I wouldn't just ignore Thanksgiving, in America or Canada, if I was there & any Independence days.

For me, I think it's much more weird to be living in a nation & going all Ostrich in the sand.

Edited by Reluctant Striker
  • Upvote 1

On 07/01/2024 at 17:30, Cicero said:

I think Salah will be wary of moving to Saudi. Not just football wise, but comfort of living. He’s far more open minded than some Muslims, and the abuse he gets for celebrating Christmas is ridiculous. 

I don't think he would have any issues with the comfort of living in Saudi Arabia, he would have the red carpet rolled out for him. Mo Salah is a muslim, he would obviously feel at home in Saudi Arabia with the welcome he would get there as well as the muslim environment. Furthermore, he wouldn't be on the end of racist abuse in Saudi Arabia, which he has been subjected to in England. However, for Salah, there is no real good enough reason for him to move right now. He is playing at his peak at one of the best clubs in the world in the best league in the world. Salah is already being paid a bomb by Liverpool, so moving to a lesser league, where they pay good money, is not a big incentive for him right now. Would it be a possible choice for Salah in maybe 2 years time to move to a club in Saudi Arabia when he's probably just past his peak? Yes, that seems much more of a probable idea. 

I agree that the abuse that Salah got for celebrating Christmas, was not on, just as I condemn the racist abuse that Salah has received. But then again, I do not follow a religious doctrine and so I don't care what a muslim like Salah celebrates, just as I wouldn't care what a Christian like Giroud celebrates, but religious people usually have a differing view on such things to me. One thing is for sure, if Salah moved to play in Saudi Arabia, he wouldn't have to put up with the racist abuse that can be seen in the following videos:

5 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Its under my radar whatever that is all about. But I'm not sure about it being weird. If I was living in a nation that has different religious 'origin' holidays, I imagine I would take part in whatever the national festivities are. Not sit at home pretending it was just a regular day. Just the same way I wouldn't just ignore Thanksgiving, in America or Canada, if I was there & any Independence days.

For me, I think it's much more weird to be living in a nation & going all Ostrich in the sand.

For religious people they usually take a very differing view. You hardly ever find religious Christians celebrating Ramadhan or Eid, just as you would rarely ever find religious muslims celebrating Christmas or Easter. 

• The title was changed to Jordan Henderson Leaves Saudi Arabia for Ajax