talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jürgen Klopp to leave at end of season

5 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Forum is dying mate, you can’t afford to ban people.

Go ahead, I am not here to be your punching bag.

Again, my advice would be to distract yourself with something else for a couple of hours before you find yourself removed from the forum.

Just now, Rick said:

Listen mate, I’m not discrediting the work you have done in football, whatever that may be. But you came in here like a runaway horse, and you discredited everybody’s arguments by just repeating that this is your “expertise”. 

You have seen the mess that Gerrard made of the Villa job, and is now doing a very mediocre job out in Saudi Arabia. There is absolutely no chance in hell that we would give him the job off the back of that CV. Just accept that the likelihood of it happening is close to zero, rather than trying to win the argument. You now yourself that it’s not a reality. 

I didn’t though, all I said was this is my expertise and I want to put in my analysis. I’ve read back the posts and I’ve had a sloppy word here and there, but my intentions are never to discredit anyone else.

Usually it only gets to that point if people unneedlesly start to insult me and tell me I’m clueless. As for the Gerrard thing, you are absolutely right that I don’t know if he is for certain, and if I knew behind the scenes I wouldn’t be here posting it. My basis was an analysis and the sort of things I know about how a lot of clubs tend to operate.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Again, my advice would be to distract yourself with something else for a couple of hours before you find yourself removed from the forum.

My advice would be to remove me because I’m not your punching bag. Later on don’t come crawling back as you have done once before.

Just now, Goku de la Boca said:

My advice would be to remove me because I’m not your punching bag. Later on don’t come crawling back as you have done once before.

Jesus Christ you are so full of yourself. I hope you never get into a position of power, because you'd go full Trump. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Goku de la Boca said:

I have not thrown any punches, I have advised you to stop using offensive terms and to distract yourself under you have calmed down.

To end this off cos I gotta do stuff now, I want to make it clear that I only ever discredit someone if they start to. Im a very reserved person and nowadays try to avoid conflict. Just to keep it clear, if I ever get conflictive it’s mostly out of defense or frustration. Let’s keep that clear. My intentions with the expertise post was to put in my 2 cents.

If you want to ban me that’s fine it would do me a favour, but if I were to stay that needs to be understood otherwise it’s all pointless.

have a good day lads. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

To end this off cos I gotta do stuff now, I want to make it clear that I only ever discredit someone if they start to. Im a very reserved person and nowadays try to avoid conflict. Just to keep it clear, if I ever get conflictive it’s mostly out of defense or frustration. Let’s keep that clear. My intentions with the expertise post was to put in my 2 cents.

If you want to ban me that’s fine it would do me a favour, but if I were to stay that needs to be understood otherwise it’s all pointless.

have a good day lads. 

Putting in 'your two cents' means just giving your thoughts, expertise or not. 

Claiming you have expertise on Liverpool's managerial shortlist doesn't mean you actually have it. You're just thinking of something and falling back on your experience of something that's not fully related and conflating the two.

Also, forum is dying so much you decided to come back. Makes sense. No doubt you'll claim that your presence here has saved it or that we needed you back xD

Just now, Stan said:

Putting in 'your two cents' means just giving your thoughts, expertise or not. 

Claiming you have expertise on Liverpool's managerial shortlist doesn't mean you actually have it. You're just thinking of something and falling back on your experience of something that's not fully related and conflating the two.

Also, forum is dying so much you decided to come back. Makes sense. No doubt you'll claim that your presence here has saved it or that we needed you back xD

I should be able to say that if I want with no issues. I should be allowed to say "this is my expertise, so I wanted to put in my 2 cents" without being seen in a bad way. Your problem is that you see the word "expertise" and immediately think "arrogant" without reading the rest of the post. You interpret what you want to interpret.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I should be able to say that if I want with no issues. I should be allowed to say "this is my expertise, so I wanted to put in my 2 cents" without being seen in a bad way. Your problem is that you see the word "expertise" and immediately think "arrogant" without reading the rest of the post. You interpret what you want to interpret.

Your problem is that you think your 'expertise' gives you licence to speak like you know everything about football in any given place at any given time. 

Newsflash. You don't. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Your problem is that you think your 'expertise' gives you licence to speak like you know everything about football in any given place at any given time. 

Newsflash. You don't. 

You're right, but I have a license to talk about this because it goes directly into recruitment and club operations. These are all analysis based. Shame you couldn't see it initially.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

You're right, but I have a license to talk about this because it goes directly into recruitment and club operations. These are all analysis based. Shame you couldn't see it initially.

Yes but you know jack all about Liverpool's recruitment xD

This is my point. And every other person trying to point it out to you as well. 

All your argument hinged on was 'Gerrard is on the list'. It's based on absolutely no substance at all. But all you claim is 'connections'. That has nothing to do with your recruitment/club operations 'experience' or analysis. It's just seeing a player used to play for the club, managed a bit in a mediocre way elsewhere, and thinking he's now suitable as a candidate for a job he's not qualified for. 

It's literally you putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I can tell you don’t understand how databases work. Sure he won’t be picked but I can guarantee you he is on a list. Whether he makes it past the first phase or not is something else, probably very unlikely.

Hilariously, I'm in my final year of a business analytics and finance major, and Dr gonzo is an actuary. We have forgotten more about databasing than you will ever know. But this really isn't a question of databasing. 

Liverpool will have a shortlist, on that list will be 1 or 2 managers that they desperately want, and 2 or 3 that they will fall back on if their first pick can't be made available. It's not some list of 30 managers that they're going to watch footage of, compare performances and interview. They know who they want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I didn’t though, all I said was this is my expertise and I want to put in my analysis. I’ve read back the posts and I’ve had a sloppy word here and there, but my intentions are never to discredit anyone else.

Usually it only gets to that point if people unneedlesly start to insult me and tell me I’m clueless. As for the Gerrard thing, you are absolutely right that I don’t know if he is for certain, and if I knew behind the scenes I wouldn’t be here posting it. My basis was an analysis and the sort of things I know about how a lot of clubs tend to operate.

You've conducted a hiring process for managers at a world class club? 

• Upvote 3

Don't get me wrong, Klopp deserves recognition and praise for the job he's done and I get the news is fresh news that people will still be digesting. Yesterday's ITV coverage may well be an exception as it was his first game since his announcement also.

However, I'll be blunt about it. Things are going to become proper nausiating if every live Liverpool game from now to the end revolves around a Klopp love in Like yesterday. 

I sincerely hope the likes of Sky and TNT don't go overkill.

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Don't get me wrong, Klopp deserves recognition and praise for the job he's done and I get the news is fresh news that people will still be digesting. Yesterday's ITV coverage may well be an exception as it was his first game since his announcement also.

However, I'll be blunt about it. Things are going to become proper nausiating if every live Liverpool game from now to the end revolves around a Klopp love in Like yesterday. 

You just know they will though.

27 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So 0.5 titles. 

Damn. 

Just double checking…how many league titles have Chelsea won since Klopp joined Liverpool? 

One. Same as us. Nearly 500m more spent on players in that time too.

I’m not getting into a pissing match here, but if you’re trying to criticise Klopp for not winning more titles, it’s maybe best to remember we twice missed out on the title by a single point to a pack of cheating bastards. Meanwhile, your club has spent three of those years hovering around mid table. 

Edited by Rick
  • Upvote 1

As Gerrard the manager is an area of special knowledge to me.. he could perhaps suit the club that is expected to win. Though It was a variety of cups, it was maybe what he was used to as a player. Perhaps mostly in an era that was largely about fielding top players & telling them to do what they do.

He did do well with Rangers. I do suspect he would do well at Liverpool. But Villa, near the lower end, maybe was not the right place at the right time. Whatever his intentions were, he lost half the fans over Mings-McGinn. And we started playing defensive, with two 8's & one 6 on the pitch, and another two 6's frozen out. And maintaining a full front 3, often made up of two 9's & one 10. With sub standard wingers frozen out. The players, caretaker & Unai all proceeded with better ideas & have unified with the fans. At Liverpool, they have a good enough side & squad that looking at 2 DM's with an 8 or two getting forward, and only 2 front line attackers, maybe would not be needed or go down too well at Liverpool.

I do think it is unfortunate for him, that he would probably have suited Rangers -- Liverpool as a career path.

Edited by Reluctant Striker

49 minutes ago, Rick said:

Just double checking…how many league titles have Chelsea won since Klopp joined Liverpool? 

One. Same as us. Nearly 500m more spent on players in that time too.

I’m not getting into a pissing match here, but if you’re trying to criticise Klopp for not winning more titles, it’s maybe best to remember we twice missed out on the title by a single point to a pack of cheating bastards. Meanwhile, your club has spent three of those years hovering around mid table. 

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Klopp himself has said he doesn't want that. He's even told the fans he doesn't want them to sing about him, only the team.