talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2023/24 - FINAL - Man City vs Man Utd - Saturday 25th May, 2024

football forums

City went into this game thinking it was done,  the team was not right and they deserve to lose,  it will hurt Pep because a domestic double is a good season,  just the Prem the year after a treble is meh. 

• Subscriber

Ridiculous fumble from Onana. It's incredible the highlight reel you could make out of his blunders and goals he shouldn't have conceded after one season with Man Utd.

It's mad sitting here I'm actually willing United to win. Goes to show the status of ill feeling City have now reached.

• Administrator

Deserved for Man Utd. Had a game plan and stuck to it. Man City barely had any answers despite Doku making a difference along with the goal. 

Foden and De Bruyne were the worst two. Gave Haaland nothing, and neither did Man Utd's defence. Mainoo and Wan-Bissaka were very good. 

• Subscriber

After the first half I really thought City were going to get back into it but Pep didn't do enough here and the amount of sloppy passing was a bit odd. Still, congrats to the United fans on here well played game of football.

44 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

City went into this game thinking it was done,  the team was not right and they deserve to lose,  it will hurt Pep because a domestic double is a good season,  just the Prem the year after a treble is meh. 

We got the Club Word Cup this year too but yeah, players partied hard a week too early. worse we have played all season, Pep must of know they wouldn't be up for it today as he wanted the bus parade right after last weekend instead of waiting for the FA Cup too :4_joy:  ..it's a shame Newcastle missed out on Europe because we couldn't be arsed today

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

After the first half I really thought City were going to get back into it but Pep didn't do enough here and the amount of sloppy passing was a bit odd. Still, congrats to the United fans on here well played game of football.

The players have been partying all week, i guess no fucks given for the FA Cup, shocking performance 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

The players have been partying all week, i guess no fucks given for the FA Cup, shocking performance 

I think I'd have waited till the cup was over its not like you have anything else to play anyways. But tis what it is.

Just now, Mel81x said:

I think I'd have waited till the cup was over its not like you have anything else to play anyways. But tis what it is.

I guess the players started early with the Euro's coming up in 3 weeks time, not much time off this year

Stupid from Gvardiol for the first goal. Even if Ortega was crazy to come out, don't head it over him. Onana regularly conceding weak goals will be a problem again for Man Utd next season.

It will make sacking Ten Hag a little bit harder for Man Utd and I think they'll end up sticking with him.

Tell you what I’m happy for Amrabat, massive game for him, hes had a tough time since the Summer after a great World Cup and I think he came into a United side that due to injuries wasn’t ready to get the best out of him. Top performance, I hope he gets a good move in the Summer wherever that is

Just now, Devil said:

No parade for us but if we did we wouldn't need to take a thousand photos from different angles of the top end of Deansgate to make it look like we have loads of fans. 

We'd turn out in our masses.

Lies

20240414-224732.jpg