Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Staff update and ideas for 2018

It's like all your Christmases come at once ... or maybe not.

So I'm happy to be able to be able to say we had a little vote and I, much to my own and undoubted your surprise, that I'm the new admin here. What does that mean? Well from my time on other forums I'd like to bring some additional ideas to the table. 

So you may start to notice little changes around here, nothing ground breaking but little things that I'd like feedback on if you have an opinion on them. Additionally,  I'd like to hear what things you'd like to see in 2018. I can't promise shorter posts from @SirBalon or @Happy Blue not being lynched day one in the next Mafia Wars games but I'll certainly hear out suggestions.

Speaking of Mafia Wars, this will continue to be a thing. I can't guarantee shorter delays however @Berserker, @Anton & @Harry  

Cheers!

Just for info, there will be a World Cup Prediction League run by yours truly :) 

For those of you in the Premier League one, any suggestions on how it can be run (Bonus games, bonus questions etc).

For those not in a prediction league and would want to be in one, what would you like to see in them?

Putting a posting limit on Cannabis 

• Haha 1

Putting a posting requirement on Storts

afootballforum is dead mate. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Putting a posting requirement on Storts

afootballforum is dead mate. 

Don't really post there either - make more posts here, just don't really have the same time I used to 

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I know you like quiet forums but c'mon.

Quality over quantity for me always 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

football forum
Just now, Stan said:

image.jpeg

Hey, you wanted me to give ideas. Don't complain when I do ;) 

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Hey, you wanted me to give ideas. Don't complain when I do ;) 

That's not an idea though 

Awesome stuff Batard. Hopefully you don't disappear for a while 👀

11 minutes ago, Anton said:

Awesome stuff Batard. Hopefully you don't disappear for a while 👀

You're stuck with me :banana:

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Just for info, there will be a World Cup Prediction League run by yours truly :) 

For those of you in the Premier League one, any suggestions on how it can be run (Bonus games, bonus questions etc).

For those not in a prediction league and would want to be in one, what would you like to see in them?

Starting to think the prediction league going forward could be scored in the same vain as Soccer Saturday so that correct bang on scores are rewarded much greater than just the right result.

For example, if you predict a 1-0 and it ended 3-2 and you only get one more point for a correct bang on score. 5pts bang on score, 2pts for a correct result. 

Regarding bonuses, I wouldn't over complicate it for the World Cup mate, the main thing you gain points for is predicting the games. But I'd perhaps suggest you could let everyone predict the World Cup Winner and Golden Boot winner which can net additional bonus points. Just a thought though because I think the main reason it currently works so well is down to it's simplicity.

Congrats to @Batard by the way. Good show fella.

P.S I hope you haven't got a bad back from all that bending down under the desk...

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, True Blue said:

At this pace every member will be an Admin or a Mod :ph34r:

And then all that will be left is you... 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

And then all that will be left is you... 

Yes i know i don't suck dick for Mod positions, i do it for free

Just now, True Blue said:

Yes i know i don't suck dick for Mod positions, i do it for free

xD

Anyone in particular you’re thinking of?

1 minute ago, Batard said:

xD

Anyone in particular you’re thinking of?

For the dick sucking or the mod positions?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

For the dick sucking or the mod positions?

Whatever floats your boat first xD

4 minutes ago, Batard said:

Whatever floats your boat first xD

Just kidding for the mod positions, all that got them were well deserved.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Just kidding for the mod positions, all that got them were well deserved.

I'm with you though - was going to say in the other topic but didn't see the point. Moderators are the most pointless thing on internet forums, especially with so few members as this. Completely unnecessary to add more to the team, as the ones there already don't exactly have to do anything other than deal with Brian's squabbles.

All very good posters etc. though, don't get me wrong, just not really sure why they need to be mods just to 'reward' that xD 

Proud of you for sucking dick for fun not positions mate xo

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

I'm with you though - was going to say in the other topic but didn't see the point. Moderators are the most pointless thing on internet forums, especially with so few members as this. Completely unnecessary to add more to the team, as the ones there already don't exactly have to do anything other than deal with Brian's squabbles.

All very good posters etc. though, don't get me wrong, just not really sure why they need to be mods just to 'reward' that xD 

Admins are yet to add all club crests...let alone mods needing work :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

Agreed.

Especially the last sentence. So proud. He has come a long way. Or he has at least seen others come a long way.

19 hours ago, Batard said:

It's like all your Christmases come at once ... or maybe not.

So I'm happy to be able to be able to say we had a little vote and I, much to my own and undoubted your surprise, that I'm the new admin here. What does that mean? Well from my time on other forums I'd like to bring some additional ideas to the table. 

So you may start to notice little changes around here, nothing ground breaking but little things that I'd like feedback on if you have an opinion on them. Additionally,  I'd like to hear what things you'd like to see in 2018. I can't promise shorter posts from @SirBalon or @Happy Blue not being lynched day one in the next Mafia Wars games but I'll certainly hear out suggestions.

Speaking of Mafia Wars, this will continue to be a thing. I can't guarantee shorter delays however @Berserker, @Anton & @Harry  

Cheers!

Tbf I made it to the end in the last 2 mafia wars ^_^

• Haha 1

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Tbf I made it to the end in the last 2 mafia wars ^_^

You did. You Iucky shite xD