The better place to talk football.

2017/18 FA Cup Fifth Round Match Chat - 16-19th February, 2018

football forum

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

City 'fans' losing their heads here. Back to supporting Chelsea again lads. 

Aguero as well by looks of it. Hit a fan (obviously don't know what was said to him but he's lashed out). 

13 minutes ago, Asura said:

everyone can lose their cool sometimes, but the difference is mourinho is a bellend because he pretty much blames everyone around him for every loss and also whines a lot more than anyone.

Adding to this, the him vs the world agenda he stirs up everywhere he goes

There is something bizarre about Guardiola's behavior when things don't go his way. Mourinho is explosive whereas Pep is implosive in that matter. You just have to look back at Pep's aggressive nature. Getting in the face and shouting at officials. Not having his players shake hands with the opposition. Saying the strangest things during press confrences when his teams lose.  And let's not forget what he did to Tito. 

30 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Imagine invading the pitch in the 5th Round.

Imagine invading the pitch at Bournemouth only to concede straight from the kick off to end up drawing :ph34r:

I don't really know how you can knock them here to be honest. They're a League One club who have just beaten by far the best team in the country at the moment. Any lower league club in that position does the same

25 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The blame lies with Wigan for failing to control their fans. Surely a breach of the laws on this scale should lead to expulsion from the cup?

Wigan will surely be fined for not controlling their fans, not sure about Aguero.  Looks like the fan got to close to him and he flicks his arm out at him.  What is more damaging to Aguero is what happened after this video ended.  The fan must of said something and Aguero went for him, only to be stopped by a Wigan player and others. Shows some intent on Aguero's part to cause injury.  Hard to predict what the FA will do, there is no consistency in their rulings.

Hahaha, for teh lulz I often put Talksport on after a shock defeat for one of Sky's Soopa Mega Awesome Six, and tonight was a peach. 

A small army of City 'fans' with suspiciously southern accents invaded the airwaves, pissing and whinging about Delph's yellow/red, about the naughty Wigan fans, about ANYTHING to avoid discussing the fact that their team of all-stars got rattled to fuck by Little Wigan. 

Many of you will know my distaste for Wigan Athletic, and I'd have preferred almost any other club in the Football League to have got the result in their place, but fair play to them, they've beaten three PL sides in this run. *Begrudgingly* well done Wigan! 

As an aside, if Aguero gets retrospective punishment for being aggressively hassled by a classless, coked-up little knuckle-dragger, it's a scandal. Why, instead of celebrating with his own team, is the Wigan bloke antagonising the opposition?? Because he's a no-mark, pointless little cunt, not a football supporter. 

No sportsman should have a 'fan' approach them in an aggressive manner, posing any kind of threat. Ban the little scally from the ground - don't punish Aguero.

• Subscriber

That was absolutely fantastic. One of the games of the season. It had everything. I thought Wigan did brilliantly. I did think that they'd dropped that bit too deep in the second half, but they sussed out just about everything Man City threw at them.

I had a fiver on Wigan prematch. Thought odds of 22/1 in that game were utterly absurd considering the history between the two sides in this competition in recent years, and the fact Wigan are actually doing pretty well themselves.

That's blown the tournament right open. I thought Man City were going to walk the domestic treble this year.

I think you've got to back Wigan to get past Southampton as well.

I always find the mocking of Wigan a little strange. They spent the first 50 years of their history in non-league football, they were promoted to the football league in the late 70s and then spent 30 years in divison 3 and 4 before being dramatically rising through the leagues in the 2000s. Of course they are going to attract 'glory hunters'. People that were born in the 60s from Wigan for example would've adopted a professional team instead of non-league Wigan, when Wigan got decent they were obviously going to start supporting them or at least taking an interest in them. It's a totally unique situation which most of us haven't and never will come across.

I live in Norwich now, but grew up about 30 mins away from Norwich. If the town I grew up in rose through the leagues, even to the conference in an AFC Flyde situation I would take a massive interest in my town.

And the pitch invasion is to be expected. Villa did it against WBA ffs, Millwall against Leicester etc Reading bizarrely did it against someone really shit like Bradford.

Oh and at the same time, football supporters also always mock Man City's attendances. A club that has historically average around 35k and now we expect them to get 60k every week. Do we want these 'glory' supporters going to games or not?

It’s a shame pitch invasions get ruined by coked up bellends who stand with their arms outspread in front of the opposition fans or want to abuse/mock opposition players because for most, pitch invasions are about unbridled joy, the ecstasy of the occasion and getting close to your heroes, all while knowing what you’re doing is a little bit wrong. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Berserker said:

How is he a cunt?,  he's a ghost when he plays for our NT and i don't want him in it, but he's hardly a cunt.

He does have a snide and dirty streak in him. As Cicero said there's 2 challenges on David Luiz which were vile. He's extremely talented don't get me wrong and one of my favourite strikers to watch but he can be a bit of a knobhead at times. 

• The title was changed to 2017/18 FA Cup Fifth Round Match Chat - 16-19th February, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived