talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently we've got Craig Conway on trial, alongside a couple of players I haven't actually heard of (Adam Thompson?)

Now, I thought Conway was supposed to be great for Blackburn - why on earth would he leave, especially if the alternative is to start alongside absolutely nobody at BWFC? Strikes me as odd... unless he's totally finished.

17 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Apparently we've got Craig Conway on trial, alongside a couple of players I haven't actually heard of (Adam Thompson?)

Now, I thought Conway was supposed to be great for Blackburn - why on earth would he leave, especially if the alternative is to start alongside absolutely nobody at BWFC? Strikes me as odd... unless he's totally finished.

Getting on a bit now mind and I guess Blackburn have younger and better options available. 

As for Conway, he should be able to do a job for you in League One for the short term until you get back on your feet. 

6 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Getting on a bit now mind and I guess Blackburn have younger and better options available. 

As for Conway, he should be able to do a job for you in League One for the short term until you get back on your feet. 

This is it - if he actually signs terms then I think that's a masterstroke from whichever consultancy the administrators have appointed to recruit the playing staff. More than enough experience to play well in League One even at 34(?) ish. 

Can't help but think $alford ¢ity will turn his head though. 

Romaine Sawyers has moved to West Brom, we signed him on a free and sold him for £3m but in reality he is worth so much more. You will struggle to find a better midfielder than him in this division, silky skills, incisive passing and an ability to set up goals leaving others with the assist and goal tallies. We signed Mathias Jensen from Celta Vigo who will go down as his replacement, but Sawyers will still be a loss. West Brom are making some good moves in then transfer market and will be a threat this season with Billic in charge too

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Romaine Sawyers has moved to West Brom, we signed him on a free and sold him for £3m but in reality he is worth so much more. You will struggle to find a better midfielder than him in this division, silky skills, incisive passing and an ability to set up goals leaving others with the assist and goal tallies. We signed Mathias Jensen from Celta Vigo who will go down as his replacement, but Sawyers will still be a loss. West Brom are making some good moves in then transfer market and will be a threat this season with Billic in charge too

A lot will depend on which type of Zohore they get.

If they get the one that looked a threat and capable of scoring out of nothing when Warnock started as manager, they'll be a threat. If they get the one that we hoped he'd become, they'll struggle a bit up front. 

Gavin Whyte has signed for an undisclosed fee (thought to be around £2m), while we are on the verge of signing Robert Glatzel from Heidenheim in a deal worth £5.5m.

Never heard of Glatzel. Any good @nudge, @Tommy, @Faithcore and @BartraPique1932

EDIT: According to the Cardiff forum, it's more towards £2.5m, though of course it could be £2.5m with adds on taking it up to £5.5m.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Gavin Whyte has signed for an undisclosed fee (thought to be around £2m), while we are on the verge of signing Robert Glatzel from Heidenheim in a deal worth £5.5m.

Never heard of Glatzel. Any good @nudge, @Tommy, @Faithcore and @BartraPique1932

Haven't seen much of him; he had a very good season in 2. Liga last year (I barely followed it last year so can't tell much) but spent most time in lower leagues prior to that. @Rucksackfranzose might know more about him from his time at Regionalliga with Kaiserslautern.

Was a solid player, who scored regularly (about every second match) in an sub- average team for Lautern II in RL Südwest but wasn't as convincing as in last season's  2.Liga , might be due to him being just 25 years old though. His biggest strengths  are his pace and a good shot with his right foot.

We have signed Colombian winger Joel Valencia from Polish side Piast Gliwice for about £1.2m I think who won the Polish premier league last season, apparently was a key player in their season too. Came up through the Zaragoza youth academy and at a point was wanted by Barcelona in his teens.

I look forward to seeing how this pans out, I hope this is another gem picked up by our recruitment team. The way in which we have found him seems consistent with the likes of Jota, Benrahma and Maupay so fingers crossed

• Subscriber

Tyler Walker on loan to Lincoln. Really like the guy and scored loads for Mansfield last season. Conflicted that he's in an Imps shirt though.

And also seeing George Honeyman move from Sunderland to Hull is annoying too.

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 21:30, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Burnley sign Peacock-Farrell from Leeds for £2.5m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49190158

Surprised a little by the low fee. Thoughts @Lucas

Not really pulling up any tree's here to be fair but again, the fee is ridiculously low. Should be double.

As @Dan said, we get absolute crap fee's for our players. Only Ross McCormack can I ever say we got a decent fee for from off the top of my head.

Latest news, Roofe possibly off to Anderlecht for £7m. Not sure what we're playing at...

Would've liked us to have had a look at Bielik in the first team before making a decision on him but a decent fee of £10m for him. Hope he does well at Derby and hope we included a buy back clause just in case.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived