Jump to content
talkfootball365

UEFA Champions League 2017/18 - Semi Final Draw


football forum

Recommended Posts

football forum

Might aswell crack this open now seeing as though three of the four ties are about as dead as @DeadLinesman's chances of growing a mullet. 

Who would you like to see drawn against one another in the next round? Who is going to progress to the final? Liverpool, Barcelona and Real Madrid are almost there with Bayern Munich and Sevilla in tow.

AS Roma (ITA) vs. Liverpool (ENG)

Real Madrid (ESP) vs. Bayern Munich (DEU)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Might aswell crack this open now seeing as though three of the four ties are about as dead as @DeadLinesman's chances of growing a mullet. 

Who would you like to see drawn against one another in the next round? Who is going to progress to the final? Liverpool, Barcelona and Real Madrid are almost there with Bayern Munich and Sevilla in tow.

*OP will be edited when the draw is made. 

 

thanks for clarifying

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was pinned

If Barcelona draw Real, we will be getting three El Classico's in 10 days. 

 

Flash back to 2011 where we had 4 El Classicos in 3 weeks! 

16 April 2011 - League mathc 

20 April 2011 - Copa Del Rey Final 

27 April 2011 - Champions League 1st leg

May 3 2011 - Champions League 2nd leg 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/04/2018 at 21:32, Cicero said:

If Barcelona draw Real, we will be getting three El Classico's in 10 days. 

 

Flash back to 2011 where we had 4 El Classicos in 3 weeks! 

16 April 2011 - League mathc 

20 April 2011 - Copa Del Rey Final 

27 April 2011 - Champions League 1st leg

May 3 2011 - Champions League 2nd leg 

Fuck that off.

Barcelona vs Liverpool. It's got to have been about 11/12 years since we last saw that fixture.

Then again, I do think Bayern would be the "easier" of the 3(and Klopp is a nemesis for Real Madrid in this tournament), even though they would still be very tough to beat themselves. A Barcelona vs Liverpool final is also one I'd like to see if both team were able to avoid each other in the semis and get through it.

Then again, we can't have any team as through yet as far as I'm concerned. Not after this from last year:-

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First of all it's premature to speculate on any side being in the semis.  But for the sake of hypothesis and from a Barcelona point of view, I'd rather they had Real Madrid than Liverpool. I said before the quarter-final draw that Liverpool and Sevilla (Sevilla because of the obvious detail of being a Spanish club and also soon to meet in the Copa del Rey Final) that I wouldn't want them because (in Liverpool's case), they play in a chaotic manner that I KNOW Barça will find extremely difficult especially over two legs. Liverpool in a hypothetical final is a different story though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

It's not. 3 of them have been wrapped up since August :ph34r:

xD

True, but so many odd things are happening this season especially in the second half throughout Europe that nothing would surprise me at all to be honest.

When we take the whole season into consideration, the second half (first half in Bayern Munich and Real Madrid's case) has been very on the edge even though looking at final score lines without actually watching the games it can lead you to think that it's a different story and more convincing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I, for one, am glad to see that this thread had been updated as promised. This proves staff respond well to reiteration.

I reiterate, the staff responds well to reiteration.

I'd like to reiterate on behalf of all the staff that we respond well to reiterative comments for the benefit of the site. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 04/04/2018 at 21:47, Cannabis said:

Might aswell crack this open now seeing as though three of the four ties are about as dead as @DeadLinesman's chances of growing a mullet. 

Who would you like to see drawn against one another in the next round? Who is going to progress to the final? Liverpool, Barcelona and Real Madrid are almost there with Bayern Munich and Sevilla in tow.

- Barcelona

- Liverpool 

 

after my above comments, it seems @Cannabis got a bit caried away during the reiteration process...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

I'd take any of the other three semi-finalists now it doesn't matter. Everyone has a fragility about them (ourselves included) so the pairing doesn't matter anymore. Still think we're packing the better upfront firepower out of the other three but thats not all that wins you games as has been on exhibition this week in the CL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AS Roma released this on their official webpage last night for their fans in the usual manner so as to apply for official club tickets for games. This before the Champions League Semi-Final draw which is to be held today (Friday) at 14:00hrs bst.

They soon pulled it down but it's going to be interesting to see what occurs.

 

image.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

AS Roma released this on their official webpage last night for their fans in the usual manner so as to apply for official club tickets for games. This before the Champions League Semi-Final draw which is to be held today (Friday) at 14:00hrs bst.

They soon pulled it down but it's going to be interesting to see what occurs.

 

image.jpeg

We got Roma xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

AS Roma released this on their official webpage last night for their fans in the usual manner so as to apply for official club tickets for games. This before the Champions League Semi-Final draw which is to be held today (Friday) at 14:00hrs bst.

They soon pulled it down but it's going to be interesting to see what occurs.

 

image.jpeg

Is that legit? Wtf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...