The better place to talk football.

Group G Matchday 1 - 18th June - Belgium 3-0 Panama, Tunisia 1-2 England

football forum

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We in England don't get nervous... We get smashed! O.o

Who do you support England or Spain  mate?

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Absolutely surreal seeing Martinez on the sidelines at a World Cup game. Last time I saw him on the sidelines we were getting beaten 3-0 by Allardyce's Sunderland xD.

The last time I saw Martinez he was doing this

SpiritedDevotedGuillemot-max-1mb.gif

12 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Belgium are a farce of a football nation, there is a divide with them in the group between the Dutch and French speakers.   Mostly the French side of Belgium are extremely arrogant. 

Meunier managed to become the least favorite player on his team among fans due to this arrogance on Twitter. This is quite a feat. xD

Luis Tejada plays in the Peruvian league and he's been much better than Blas Perez. Just more proof that there is talent in this league. 

England: Pickford; Walker, Stones, Maguire; Trippier, Henderson, Lingard, Young; Alli, Sterling; Kane. 

Tunisia: Hassen; Bronn, S.Ben Youssef, Meriah, Maaloul; Skhiri, Sassi; Sliti, Khazri, Badri; F.Ben Youssef.

Tejada changed that game for Panama. He came on and actually offered a threat in attack. He's the only Panama player at the level of the World Cup. Him and maybe Murillo, who impressed me today.

Blas Perez is overrated because he played in the MLS... Luis Tejada has always been better than him. Juan Aurich legend too.

3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

What is this fascination of playing Walker in the centre?

I think the idea is that he's comfortable on the ball, so he'll be fine to play it out the back. Still strikes me as a bit weird... but whatever, at least Southgate is willing to make bold new choices. Even if they're weird and possibly stupid choices.

I don't think this England side is as talented on paper as some of the past World Cup sides we've had.... but there's always been a struggle instilling a "team" mentality at England. Southgate doesn't have us playing pretty at all, nor does he have us with a particularly inventive, creative, or inspiring midfield. But they do seem to play as a team.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Machado said:

Ashley Young 😂 Imagine starting that garbage in a world cup match.

Had a really good season at left back/left wing at Utd to be fair. Don't see what's that bad about his inclusion. 

• The title was changed to Group G Matchday 1 - 18th June - Belgium 3-0 Panama, Tunisia 1-2 England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived