• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Tuesday 3rd July - Colombia 1-1(p) England

football forum

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Blue said:

If you don't win, I'm convinced you'll never win it in our lifetimes.

That approach is just so cowardly and honestly its gotten to the point that they've become so unlikeable. How can they keep on winning with no game plan? They shouldn't have even qualified to this world cup and are in the next round. They keep on grinding results with nothing but an effective center back pairing. I still want Colombia to win for the sake of South America, but honestly they don't really deserve it. 

But what else can Pékerman do here? James can´t be replaced. Better build a stronger midfield with Lerma, because Muriel didn´t work against Senegal. And that probably gives more freedom to Quintero, who has the talent to decide a match in one moment. 

• Administrator
Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

Excitement building in a country infested with gun crime & cocaine gets ready to face Columbia

don't you mean GO KANE xDxDxD 

Just now, El Profesor said:

But what else can Pékerman do here?

Not be as cowardly.

I get James can't be replaced, but Miguel Borja not even on the bench is silly. Carlos Sanchez shouldn't be in the team. He was good then, now he's a liability and prone to a huge mistake. Matheus Uribe should have gone from the go, as I rate Barrios as their own Kante per se.

Farid Diaz shouldn't have even gone to Russia, I'm not convinced he's the third best Colombian left back. No way.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not be as cowardly.

I get James can't be replaced, but Miguel Borja not even on the bench is silly. Carlos Sanchez shouldn't be in the team. He was good then, now he's a liability and prone to a huge mistake. Matheus Uribe should have gone from the go, as I rate Barrios as their own Kante per se.

Farid Diaz shouldn't have even gone to Russia, I'm not convinced he's the third best Colombian left back. No way.

but they are there, so what else can he do?

Might Borja just be injured as well??

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not be as cowardly.

Uribe is a good option, but I understand Pékerman. Better start this match with caution. The real problem here is not having Borja on the bench, he´s probably better than Radamel at this point.

Estoy esperando un gran partido de Juanfer hoy. A ver. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

looks like we'll have to be very wary of getting done on the counter

First 'we' was Nigeria, then they got knocked out, and now 'we' is England. 

#BandwagonDefinition

Yerry Mina and Davinon Sanchez is such a damn good CB pairing. Unpassable.

Juan Fernando Quintero could be at a world class club by this point but he decided to spend his time making Reggaeton songs in Colombia. His off the pitch decisions as a whole have been really poor.

Barrios raising his stock even more than he did at Boca this past season. Excellent ball winning midfielder.

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Tuesday 3rd July - Colombia 1-1(p) England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived