• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Saturday 7th July - Sweden 0-2 England

football forum

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think Sterling is shit, just annoyed he’s essentially the same player since he left us.

But I don’t really care because we are 2-0 up!!!

Lads, it’s coming home.

He will have developed when he learns to adapt his thinking and style to suit the England set up.. 

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Will be lucky to beat them too tbf

It won’t come home without a lot of luck. We’ll have to be lucky to get passed a very good Croatia side or a doped up Russia side as well.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It won’t come home without a lot of luck. We’ll have to be lucky to get passed a very good Croatia side or a doped up Russia side as well.

That Croat midfield with Rakitic and Modric is nothing to take lightly. Should be a cracking match though.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Gotta win this game first

Well yeah, obviously but hopefully Sweden keep being toothless and Pickford keeps making great saves when it seems like they might actually have a tooth or 2.

Just now, Rick said:

These Swedish birds really top notch like

You lot also beat Colombia too. You possibly have Russia next. The lads in Russia have no excuse to come back to England without a proper shag.

29 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Sterling is not shit.. He has bundles of pace and it puts the frightners on defenders and he can easily draw at least 2 defenders in with his movement to try and close him down, as a team we need to be following up on that taking all the space left to give him an outlet and put ourselves into better scoring positions..

Happy touched on it a bit because he is so quick he is finding himself up there alone and feeling like the responsibility is his to take on something he is not used to doing... When he is playing for City he has constant support as they are very quick at getting in the box alongside him.. 

That's not it, mate. There have been several times he's had players alongside him in better positions but taken it on himself and wasted it. For the most part we are getting bodies around him, but I just don't think he sees them because he lacks composure.

Looking like the council bins up and down the country will be safe tonight then.... 

Having seen a lot of grown blokes crying in this when their respective teams go out and knowing how fragile the modern man / student / Uni types are these days I bet there are a few on here that have had a little sob in the past... B|

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

That's not it, mate. There have been several times he's had players alongside him in better positions but taken it on himself and wasted it. For the most part we are getting bodies around him, but I just don't think he sees them because he lacks composure.

Well that's the problem, And that's what I mean about his thinking... He makes a mistake and then compounds that mistake with another rather than keeping cool and using other options.. It's as if he feels he needs to make amends for his first error by going it alone.. something that does not work well in a team game.. 

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Saturday 7th July - Sweden 0-2 England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived