talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 3-1 Man Utd - Saturday 29th September

football forum

26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Teso dos Bichos how do you feel about the squad looking totally out of confidence and morale. I already know you think the shite tactics are actually tactical masterclasses rather than the cowardly shite it is... but surely the low morale must be concerning. Looks like they need... a cheerleader xD

That third goal. Should it have been dissaload?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think so but I haven’t looked at any replays or anything.

To be honest utd should have defended better on both goals even if they should have been disaload. Sometimes you have to play streetwise I think 

Just seen the highlights, what on earth was the United defence doing for that third goal? Comical.

Mourinho has to go plain and simple, players obiosuly need to take flak for their attitude but it's clear they're not with the manager anymore. United just have to start again and try and build some confidence back into this team, before it's too late in the day.

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

NewYou know what the result was today? Sree - one. And you know what that also means? Sree titles for me and one title for Pellegrini, so respect, respect.

Hows that Mourinho check list looking now?

I was hoping for an underdog victory today but sadly West Ham were too strong for us. After a week which saw United draw at home to a newly promoted side (no disrespect to Wolves - they have a better manager and players than United do), get dumped out of what used to be known to United fans as "It's Only The League Cup" at home by a Championship side managed by someone who has about half a dozen games in professional management (no disrespect to Frank Lampard who I think has the potential to be an outstanding manager) and the absolute scum who pose as 'Journalists' in the UK making issues out of a manager reprimanding his player you'd think that the players would come together and give the fans who pay their wages something to cheer about (which winning away at West Ham or anywhere these days sadly is) but I can honestly say that was one of the diabolical displays I have ever seen by a United side. Not one single player showed any sort of passion or desire let alone any sort of footballing ability befitting the United shirt. I used to slag players off during Fergie's last few years for the same reason but, blimey, if I knew how things would pan out I'd have saved my vitriol for these absolute phonies and showponies who somehow play for Manchester United.

I can honestly say I would swap our entire squad for West Ham's and their manager too. They can shove their horrific ground though. I'd be gobsmacked if United make the top six this season

• Subscriber
On 29/09/2018 at 14:15, Stan said:

Question for @Teso dos Bichos when he wakes up (again).

If Mourinho leaves, and another manager comes in, and players start to perform again with the team picking up points and winning regularly, are your players snakes for not performing for Mourinho any more :35_thinking::35_thinking::35_thinking:?

xD thought exactly the same. Funny how when we did it it was the players, now it's happening with Mourinho it's all the manager and the players are largely getting away with it.

Man Utd's problems will take years to fix. They're entirely self-inflicted. Their next appointment will show if they're learning.

2 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

I was hoping for an underdog victory today but sadly West Ham were too strong for us. After a week which saw United draw at home to a newly promoted side (no disrespect to Wolves - they have a better manager and players than United do), get dumped out of what used to be known to United fans as "It's Only The League Cup" at home by a Championship side managed by someone who has about half a dozen games in professional management (no disrespect to Frank Lampard who I think has the potential to be an outstanding manager) and the absolute scum who pose as 'Journalists' in the UK making issues out of a manager reprimanding his player you'd think that the players would come together and give the fans who pay their wages something to cheer about (which winning away at West Ham or anywhere these days sadly is) but I can honestly say that was one of the diabolical displays I have ever seen by a United side. Not one single player showed any sort of passion or desire let alone any sort of footballing ability befitting the United shirt. I used to slag players off during Fergie's last few years for the same reason but, blimey, if I knew how things would pan out I'd have saved my vitriol for these absolute phonies and showponies who somehow play for Manchester United.

I can honestly say I would swap our entire squad for West Ham's and their manager too. They can shove their horrific ground though. I'd be gobsmacked if United make the top six this season

Could I get your opinion on Matic by the way?

• The title was changed to West Ham 3-1 Man Utd - Saturday 29th September
  • The topic was unpinned

The whole club just seems rotten at the moment. Firstly, looking at the tactics I had no idea what he was trying to achieve. Did he expect on a large pitch that the ball was going to be in the air all the time so he played a tall midfield consisting off Matic, Fellaini, McTominary and Pogba? Off those three Pogba is the only one who has mobility about him. Or was he trying to let go further forwards by having Matic and McTominay behind him? Either way it's not a technically great midfield and i'm not surprised West Ham, who now have some very good techincal players, found a way about it.

There was an air of fortune about West Ham's first two goals, but Manchester United's attitude was pathetic. There body language in particular was shameful, and isn't something that should be associated with this club. People support Manchester United in general because of the winning heritage and proud history that's associated with it. They don't want to see some tosser dabbing with a new hair cut every week, players sulking because they haven't got their own way, and the laxxed football they're showing. Would Pep take on any of these players at Manchester City given the high demands he has? I doubt it, even if they are technically good enough.

I wonder how bad it's going to get before something happens. Can this really go on for a whole season? Getting rid of Mourinho and hopeing that a new manager can get a tune out of Pogba, Martial and Sanchez would be the easier solution. However Diego Costa and co. still ended up becoming problematic at Chelsea after Jose had left with Conte. So maybe a whole evaluation needs to take place. They would easily get back what they paid for on any players that they feel are not what they need going forwards.

The problem started several years before Moyes because Fergie was pulling around a zombie shit-end squad by it's heels. United have been mediocre since around 2012 but nobody would say it because Fergie was making a 3/10 look like a supermodel.

12 hours ago, Danny said:

The problem started with whoever hired Moyes, there was nothing to suggest he was ever going to be good enough. A mental appointment based off of him being Glaswegian and his longetivity at Everton. 

I remember when he was appointed and most on here thought he would be good enough. Hindsight is wonderful.

On 29/09/2018 at 14:29, Dr. Gonzo said:

@StefBWFC might read this thinking an Arsenal fan, a Liverpool fan, and a Manchester United fan complaining about what’s happened with their clubs and thinking like it’s 3 blokes arguing about who’s eating the least tasty caviar. Compared to fans of most clubs we’ve been fucking spoiled tbh.

My heart is bleeding for you all. :468_violin:

Really though, I'm delighted to see the wheels fall off for not just United, but the charlatan that is Jose Mourinho. He's fucking finished, and all because he's spat his dummy out over not being given any money to spunk on a new centre half to replace HIS poor, expensive signings. Total fraud.

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:
  • I think my prediction of a 13th place finish might of been a tad optimistic :ph34r:

They're still get top 6 or 7 but no way will they win the league 

14 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Missed the entire weekend of games including our game with the wedding. Not sure how United will recover as i know Jose, when it goes bad and this is very bad he doesn't recover.

Excellent humblebrag about marrying your pretty wife. 'Ooh, I missed the games because I was busy batting well above my average' 

😎

Archived