Sign in to follow this  
Harvsky

Tue 7th March - Arsenal (2) 1-5 (10 (TEN)) Bayern Munich

RandoEFC    1,187

Wenger blaming the refereeing decisions. Fair enough for sixty minutes but surely he can't just accept that he and his players have no responsibility for allowing the score to get so embarrassing.

Inverted    541
13 minutes ago, True Bender said:

I think Glasgow fans are the best, but I'll take  your compliment.  ;) Thanks :x

Shucks :x

Not a dig because of who I support and yes I'm commenting on a match tonight I haven't seen. 

Arsenal have just lost 10-2 on aggregate, 10-2! That is atrocious. I didn't see the 2nd leg and the fact that the referee has supposedly had a awful game doesn't matter at all. It also doesn't matter if Bayern are one of the best teams in Europe...that scoreline is fucking appalling. Then Wenger has the cheek to mention the referee? xD I don't even care if there's been corruption involved, they've lost 10-2 for fuck sake, inexcusable. 

My timelines and social media are full of this 'the Premier League is the best and most competitive league in the world' stuff. It's fucking competitive because the top teams are fucking shite. City reached the semi final against Real Madrid in the Champions League but their performances particularly the 2nd leg were embarrassing. We reached a semi-final under Mourinho (the 2nd spell) against Atlético and our performances in that tie were embarrassing, worse than City's.

Panna King    512

Is anyone really that suprised that this happened,  Arsenal have been poor for such a long time now, they stuggle in nearly evey game. They only have 1 or 2 reallly good performances a season and that is it.   Tonight was just another showing on how poor Arsenal are and also the Manager again with no real clue what he is doing, no tactics, no plan, no real motivation, no real passion.   People can blame the players but these are players that have been brought in by Wenger, players like Xhaka are just not good enough at all he really isnt, its like have a wild hyper kid in the team and you cannot trust him as he will just blow up and do something stupid its just crazy how this kind of player was brought into the club. One of the worst players I have seen at Arsenal for the calibre of the money he was brought in for which Wenger needs to take full responsblitiy for.  This is also a player that has played against Munich in the same league and he looks light years behind those players in quality.   The only real player that really put a shift was The OX again he  was all over the place.      

Going into next season and if Wenger is still at the club I think Arsenal are taking up a better teams place in the competition, there is no point of them pushing so hard for them to qualify for it and then going through this embarrassment every year.  

Mel81x    254

I thought Arsenal would lose this one much earlier in the game but they did put up a good fight and actually had Bayern on the backfoot for most of the first half but then it just all turned around and well then you get a 5 - 1 again and an aggregate that would make any manager want to quit but this is Wenger and he'll be around. Sanchez looked like he wasn't even in the game at times and as someone mentioned earlier OX was Arsenal's best man on the pitch yesterday. Its turning into a ritual for them now and I can't imagine anyone who manages the club wanting that for much longer.

True Blue    341

Only Sporting Lisbon lost more on aggregate in the last 16, it was 12-2 against Bayern. While they equal Lyon's record against Werder Bremen 10-2

Arsenal TV should be a blast.

Alonso reliable as always. 

As for Arsenal, can only see the toxicity around the club increasing in the coming days. Whether Wenger survives that is debatable. He still has a huge support from the board, it seems.

Panna King    512
29 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Alonso reliable as always. 

As for Arsenal, can only see the toxicity around the club increasing in the coming days. Whether Wenger survives that is debatable. He still has a huge support from the board, it seems.

He only has the boards support because they are still on track to finish 4th plus the money is coming in which is all what matters. The board are clueless regarding the football side so that is why Wenger has full control of it all, which is very very very worrying.

Storts    785

Why are people moaning about the ref so much? Definite penalty and red card, made no attempt to go for the ball at all, just pushed him over as he was about to strike. How can you complain xD

SirBalon    1,679
4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Why are people moaning about the ref so much?

Because it wasn't a penalty...  If it wasn't a penalty, it can't be a red card.

Lewandowski should've been booked for simulation and diving like a little girl.  He should be ashamed of himself for such a large shaped, longish boddied man.

Panna King    512
25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Lewandowski should've been booked for simulation and diving like a little girl.  He should be ashamed of himself for such a large shaped, longish boddied man.

Arsenal used to be a great team with 10 men back in the day, now the whole team just collapses or even when someone goes off injured. 

Storts    785
25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hahaha what?! You can't be serious, take those blinkers off.

Koscielny barged him over when he was through on goal. As clear a penalty and red you'll see all season, made no attempt to play the ball.

Machado    476

Arsenal can complain about the possibly non given pen on Walcott, but I agree that it was a pen on Lewa. The red is debatable but he was facing the keeper, so it's never a scandalous decision.

SirBalon    1,679
10 minutes ago, Storts said:

Koscielny barged him over when he was through on goal. As clear a penalty and red you'll see all season, made no attempt to play the ball.

We also had a stone wall penalty not given in the first half to make it 2-0 mate.

Storts    785
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We also had a stone wall penalty not given in the first half to make it 2-0 mate.

I don't disagree, that was the one error the ref made, but over the grand scheme of the tie, blaming the ref is absolutely bizarre. He didn't lose it, your spineless players did. The capitulation is both legs is absolutely embarrassing. The manager didn't do that, the players did.

SirBalon    1,679
3 minutes ago, Storts said:

I don't disagree, that was the one error the ref made, but over the grand scheme of the tie, blaming the ref is absolutely bizarre. He didn't lose it, your spineless players did. The capitulation is both legs is absolutely embarrassing. The manager didn't do that, the players did.

Our players are the most embarrassing bunch of players Arsenal Football Club has had in my entire lifetime.  They aren't worthy of wearing that shirt and only Alexis Sánchez is exempt.

But small details can change many things in a football match and the goals at the end which bulked the scoreline in favour of Bayern are extremely flattering and have very little to do with 90 minutes of football.

46 minutes ago, Storts said:

Give over. He's pushes off Koscielnys chest and takes off. Such an unnatural movement.

• Upvote 1

SirBalon    1,679
24 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Give over. He's pushes off Koscielnys chest and takes off. Such an unnatural movement.

He dives!

Not all contact is a foul even though it can even be a foul at times where there hasn't even been contact.  I can be accused of being biassed but when I watch football I can assure you that I'm not and I'm fair in my view.  I saw that repeated and that wasn't a penalty for me...  You can see Lewandowski's body action is totally conditioned so as to win a penalty which I can understand but where I question what the assistant on the goal line is there for as it was right in front of his nose.  Infact that same lines assistant was the one who made the referee change his mind on what he had originally seen as a yellow (it wasn't a foul) and changed it to a red.

Storts    785

You're both chatting absolute nonsense - it was a clear push and penalty, no attempt to win the ball, he was in behind and you'd be absolutely livid if you didn't get that decision. It was a definite red when he gave the foul.

Panna King    512

Was a dive, no push at all, just had his arm on the chest, once he felt his arm there he went down.

Storts    785

He literally puts his arm across him and forces him to the ground. Going round in circles so not going to debate it any further but clear penalty for me, and think you'd all be disappointed if you didn't get it

Panna King    512
2 minutes ago, Storts said:

He literally puts his arm across him and forces him to the ground. Going round in circles so not going to debate it any further but clear penalty for me, and think you'd all be disappointed if you didn't get it

If he forced him to the ground he would of went sideways over, but he went face down... 

SirBalon    1,679
27 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

If he forced him to the ground he would of went sideways over, but he went face down... 

Put it this way...  If I'd have been a Bayern fan I'd have wanted the penalty because it's questionable.  But if it wasn't given I'd understand perfectly why it wasn't given.  The red card shenanigans are a total joke.

True Blue    341
12 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Is this Arsenal's biggest defeat at the Emirates? 

Biggest home defeat at Emirates Stadium:
1-5 (Bayern Munich (h) 7 March 2017 - UCL Round of 16 2L)

It seem's so

Harvsky    1,907

With an aggregate score like that it is obvious Wenger needs to be given time to sort this out. :ph34r:

Stan    2,887
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Put it this way...  If I'd have been a Bayern fan I'd have wanted the penalty because it's questionable.  But if it wasn't given I'd understand perfectly why it wasn't given.  The red card shenanigans are a total joke.

As a Bayern fan if that wasn't given I'd doubt you'd understand perfectly xD.

Once the penalty is given, the premise of the red card being given has to follow after.

SirBalon    1,679
31 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

As a Bayern fan if that wasn't given I'd doubt you'd understand perfectly xD.

Once the penalty is given, the premise of the red card being given has to follow after.

He gave a yellow!

The line assistant advised him otherwise over the mic. 

Stan    2,887
Just now, SirBalon said:

He gave a yellow!

the line assistant was correct. 

I get what you mean though - ref should have got it correct in the first place.

Panna King    512
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He gave a yellow!

Amazing how they can call a sending off decision but are unable to see if the ball has crossed over a line which they are standing right next to!   Sooner UEFA get rid of them the better. 

Panna King    512
2 hours ago, Storts said:

Maybe you are used to players going to so easy by the amount of Penalties Spurs have got this season! 

Stan    2,887
35 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Amazing how they can call a sending off decision but are unable to see if the ball has crossed over a line which they are standing right next to!   Sooner UEFA get rid of them the better. 

i'm amazed they missed the contact on Walcott in the first half for that penalty claim.

Asura    234

Why am I not surprised that a Spurs fan thinks that is a stone wall penalty and straight red card xD.  Arent you the same guy who made a fool out of yourself thinking you would finish above Arsenal last season who mocked st totteringham's day and eventually had to abandon that thread in TFF? xD

PS: For anyone who is going to quote me on how im cheering Arsenal's finish above Spurs, that is not true. Im not saying that is an achievement.

Penalty or not, red card or not, that was an embarrasing display by Arsenal and Wenger should take full responsibility. I would have liked if Wenger took the responsibility in the post match interview, instead he just blamed the ref and walked away. 

Stan    2,887

Not just a Spurs fan that thinks it though, is it?