Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Most liveable cities 2019

2019 City Rankings: 

1. Vienna, Austria
  2. Zürich, Switzerland
  3. Vancouver, Canada
  4. Munich, Germany
  5. Auckland, New Zealand
  6. Düsseldorf, Germany
  7. Frankfurt, Germany
  8. Copenhagan, Denmark
  9. Geneva, Switzerland
  10. Basel, Switzerland 

• Haha 1

Auckland is a great place to live. Surprised Melbourne ain’t on there

I have been to all except Auckland. 

Good picks there, although I've always said Copenhagen is my #1, followed by Vancouver

Many websites comes up with a different list all the time. Yawn 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Auckland is a great place to live. Surprised Melbourne ain’t on there

Won it 7 years in a row from some other index. Wonder what it came in this Mercer list thing. 

This looks like a list for rich people. 

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

Won it 7 years in a row from some other index. Wonder what it came in this Mercer list thing. 

It said only two cities outside Europe placed in the top 40 Vancouver and Auckland. So I guess below 40. 

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

This looks like a list for rich people. 

It said only two cities outside Europe placed in the top 40 Vancouver and Auckland. So I guess below 40. 

Crazy! 

@Tommywhat makes Düsseldorf so good do you think? 

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

Crazy! 

@Tommywhat makes Düsseldorf so good do you think? 

First of all it's a beautiful city. We have a good public transportation system, one of the biggest Airports of Germany, some of the finest Restaurants of the country and of course the fancy pants "Königsallee" which is a street with many shopping opportunities, where some of the most famous designers and brands have their stores. Not my cup of tea, but interesting nontheless.

The European ones only have old buildings so they're not that great and all the same. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Stan said:

The European ones only have old buildings so they're not that great and all the same. 

Honestly mate that aspect of Europe is the envy of the rest of the world. The history just emanates into the soul as you explore those places. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Honestly mate that aspect of Europe is the envy of the rest of the world. The history just emanates into the soul as you explore those places. 

Was mocking @Blue

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Harry said:

The envy is the discipline, order and stability you guys have plus the marketing that is done of European history through media, video games movies etc.

There are great places to see outside of Europe that have far older and richer history that have unfortunately been bombed like Syria, Iraq and most of Middle East or they have been designated as not safe places to visit like Iran etc   

Even places like Lebanon is criminally underrated when it comes to history 

Depressingly never been to any of them. Switzerland is definitely somewhere I hope to go to soon. Got 2 weeks off work in September and going to go to a few European cities. Planning on the Dam for a couple of days to start and then might just book up the others from there. 

2 hours ago, Rafa Beneathus said:

Depressingly never been to any of them. Switzerland is definitely somewhere I hope to go to soon. Got 2 weeks off work in September and going to go to a few European cities. Planning on the Dam for a couple of days to start and then might just book up the others from there. 

Liveable doesn't mean that much for a tourist tbh tho mate.  Quality of healthcare education and even public transport isn't that relevant. 

Switzerland is super fucking boring for tourist purposes, imo. I'm sure it's nice to live there though.

• Wow 1

19 hours ago, Rafa Beneathus said:

Of the top 10, I've only been to Copenhagen. Really liked the place myself, though it was pricey. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Switzerland is super fucking boring for tourist purposes, imo. I'm sure it's nice to live there though.

How come?

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

How come?

I should probably qualify my statement by saying, I was bored in Switzerland as a tourist... with my family as a kid. So it didn't seem all that fun to me. It's a very pretty place though, but it wasn't as cool as other trips I'd been on with my family to France and Italy - not really sure why and it could be because I was a kid and didn't really fully appreciate the country.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I should probably qualify my statement by saying, I was bored in Switzerland as a tourist... with my family as a kid. So it didn't seem all that fun to me. It's a very pretty place though, but it wasn't as cool as other trips I'd been on with my family to France and Italy - not really sure why and it could be because I was a kid and didn't really fully appreciate the country.

Fair enough... Frankly, the only issue I see with Switzerland is how expensive it is :7_sweat_smile: Other than that, I think it's a great country to visit.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Fair enough... Frankly, the only issue I see with Switzerland is how expensive it is :7_sweat_smile: Other than that, I think it's a great country to visit.

And for us third world people its their banks :coffee:

On 18/03/2019 at 15:27, nudge said:

How come?

To me it seems boring for everyone, very peaceful quiet and safe, but ultimately boring. What's there to do apart from skying and hitting a bar for a few drinks?

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

To me it seems boring for everyone, very peaceful quiet and safe, but ultimately boring. What's there to do apart from skying and hitting a bar for a few drinks?

I mean what else do you want to do? :D 

9 hours ago, MUFC said:

Anyone been Baku?

I haven't personally but a friend has lived year for a few years while he was working there and he loved it...

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean what else do you want to do? :D 

Well for sure partying and drinking are one of my favourite things to do, but till what hour do pubs remain open to there? my presumption is not for long as i think people go to sleep relatively early in these parts of the world. For example in Buenos Aires which is one of the best cities in the world when it comes to having fun clubs remain open till 7/8am same with bars.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Well for sure partying and drinking are one of my favourite things to do, but till what hour do pubs remain open to there? my presumption is not for long as i think people go to sleep relatively early in these parts of the world. For example in Buenos Aires which is one of the best cities in the world when it comes to having fun clubs remain open till 7/8am same with bars.

Oh from my experience 3-4am in the morning... and that's away from the big cities. Funnily enough I currently have a job offer in CH and I'm considering it as the salary is about twice as much as what I currently earn so I'm definitely tempted but at the same time I want to keep my highly flexible job... decisions decisions...

And now  I want to come to Buenos Aires as well...