talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Spiral (2021) - Samuel L Jackson/ Chris Rock - Horrr/Mystery/Thriller  8.0/10

The wife picked this thinking it was just a thriller until all the blood and guts started popping around, she ended up hiding her face on her laptop xD

Not bad and it reminded me a bit like the film The Bone Collector with Denzil Washington.

A criminal mastermind unleashes a twisted form of justice in Spiral, the terrifying new chapter from the book of Saw.

Last Night In Soho - I had some issues with minor contradictions and illogical happenings but this is a very entertaining Giallo inspired mystery-horror film. If you told me this was a Dario Argento film from 1982, I'd agree. Worth a watch if you liked Suspiria, Inferno, and other Giallo films.

The Black Phone   6/10

Was really looking forward to this but found it all a bit slow paced and a bit boring. That said it was creepy and a pretty disturbing subject matter so it was worth the watch.

14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's ok, to call it a gem is a bit of a stretch though... 

Thought it was underrated myself. Really good physiological low-budget thriller. Had to watch it twice to understand it properly.

• Subscriber

Ghosts of War (2020) - Alan Ritchson/Brenton Thwaites - Horror/Thriller/War 6/10

Only watched it as the new Jack Reacher (Alan Ritchson) was acting in it, he would have been better portraying Reacher and kicked shite out of the ghosts and Natzi's, silly ending spoilt it.

Five battle-hardened American soldiers assigned to hold a French Chateau near the end of World War II. However, they encounter a supernatural enemy far more terrifying than anything seen on the battlefield.

Edited by CaaC (John)

Murder on the Orient Express

6.5/10

Love the idea (haven't read any of Agatha Christies stuff though..) but I was expecting more.

Death on the Nile

8/10

I enjoyed this one, watched it before the movie above, which probably set a little higher of an expectation on that movie.

• Subscriber
On 16/07/2022 at 06:04, Toinho said:

Murder on the Orient Express

6.5/10

Love the idea (haven't read any of Agatha Christies stuff though..) but I was expecting more.

Death on the Nile

8/10

I enjoyed this one, watched it before the movie above, which probably set a little higher of an expectation on that movie.

More than likely me but I can't be bothered watching any more of these Agatha Christie re-makes, once you have seen one or maybe two then that's it for me, mind you, the wife watches them all. :coffee:

• Subscriber

Watched a couple of doc's by Bryan Fogel over the week.

Icarus - 10/10 I had heard about this for years and vaguely knew the story by oh my I was not prepared for this. It starts off interesting enough; Bryan is an avid cyclist and huge Lance Armstrong fan and takes part in an amateur tour de france light kind of competition once a year. He finished 18th the year prior to filming and basically said the top 10 where in their own category like could go pro kind of thing easily a tier above. So he has the idea to hook up with firstly one of the head honchos in anti-doping in the states to start a doping regiment and track his progress and training and try to compete in this competition again all doped up. Basically the anti-doping guy wants to help him but ultimately decides not too and risk his reputation so instead he hooks Bryan up with the head of the Russian anti-droping labs Grigory Rodchenkov and not only does he help him back and forth to dope and beat the testing for this competition but shit starts to implode in Russia as Grigory is in charge of the Russian atheletes and more or less discloses they've been doping their athletes since the 80's and hes been the mastermind behind all of it. The film abruptly switches focus as Bryan essentially helps Grigory escape Russia as shit is hitting the fan and safely brings him to the states and breaks the entire story wide open. Leading to investigations by the IOC etc etc.  

Id heard this labeled as the biggest doping story in sport history and I was not let down. Absolutely enthralling stuff. Its available on Netflix if you havent had the chance to check it out I emplore you to. 

The Dissident - 9/10 Because of Icarus Id checked out a few podcast's Bryan Fogel was on in recent years and learned about one his last projects which lead me here. Its about the murder of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Saudi Arabia's Consulate in Istanbul. The story itself is a bit of a slow start building up the entire story and history of Khashoggi and Saudi's monarchy system and what was going on. Its gripping stuff, even knowing some of the backstory from the podcast's its just insane to see it all laid out. Basically power, money and corruption at its finest. Again I highly recommend checking this out the one problem is its much harder to watch this one as no streaming network picked it up.

A bit of a back story given on I think it was meathead Rogan's podcast; After all the acclaim Icarus received (sundance festival awards, critical acclaim, academy award etc) The Dissident was his next big thing and it was released again at the Sundance film festival.. big names attended massive hype going in and it got great reviews. BUT going in he said he had 0 requests for pre screening and going out of Sundance 0 offers to put in on streaming platforms. The feedback he got from his sales manager was basically noone wanted to touch it, too dangerous etc. So the only place you can watch it (legally I should add) is renting it for 20$ on amazon video. Its crazy to think but power and money and all that reaches pretty far.