talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 2-3 Liverpool - Saturday 4th May, 2019

Rondon was waving goodbye at the end. Hope that's not it.

Hayden didn't have any family on the pitch either. Wanted to leave at the start of the season for family reasons. Hope he stays, our best player 2nd half of the season for me. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is it though? 

If we're comparing the same incidents as spoken about in this thread for what happened on Wednesday, there really is no comparison and it just looks embarrassing (as embarrassing as all the dives from either club in general). 

Fabinho obstructed Messi. Obviously a clear free-kick for any sane football fan. 

Fabinho literally dives to win a free kick tonight but it's okay because it went in your favour. And cheating also appears to be okay because it wound up the right people :dash3:. Least we know the barometers now for some fans :)

I'm not talking about the free kick that led to Barca's third goal, that was clear obstruction. The free kick that Fabinho won tonight is the sort of incident you see all the time against teams like Barcelona. But because Liverpool scored from it, it's a big deal. It's the sort of foul midfielders across Europe win all the time. Busquets is the master of it

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'm not talking about the free kick that led to Barca's third goal, that was clear obstruction. The free kick that Fabinho won tonight is the sort of incident you see all the time against teams like Barcelona. But because Liverpool scored from it, it's a big deal

It gets constantly called out when Barcelona or other Spanish clubs do it xD

It's literally why fans hate Spanish football because of all the theatrics and dramatics. I hate it as well when any side does it. It's frustrating to watch whether it's Barcelona, Liverpool or any side. 

The fact you think it's okay because other teams do it is part of the problem. 2 wrongs don't make a right. But because you profited from it you're happy to defend it despite it being wrong. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

It's literally why fans hate Spanish football because of all the theatrics and dramatics. I hate it as well when any side does it. It's frustrating to watch whether it's Barcelona, Liverpool or any side. 

The fact you think it's okay because other teams do it is part of the problem. 2 wrongs don't make a right. But because you profited from it you're happy to defend it despite it being wrong. 

I'll take it, to be honest, I've had far too much to drink to even bother carrying on arguing about such a petty incident. Just best City on Monday. Night.

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is it though? 

If we're comparing the same incidents as spoken about in this thread for what happened on Wednesday, there really is no comparison and it just looks embarrassing (as embarrassing as all the dives from either club in general). 

Fabinho obstructed Messi. Obviously a clear free-kick for any sane football fan. 

Fabinho literally dives to win a free kick tonight but it's okay because it went in your favour. And cheating also appears to be okay because it wound up the right people :dash3:. Least we know the barometers now for some fans :)

Stan, sort yourself out mate. You're turning into a proper wet wipe. 

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

A homophobic totalitarian state turning a historically mid-table club into a near-invincible superpower is also less than ideal but this is the world we have to live in, and we've got to hope for the best within the pretty shitty confines we live in. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Stan, sort yourself out mate. You're turning into a proper wet wipe. 

Not said anything out of turn but thanks for letting me know xD

10 minutes ago, Inverted said:

A homophobic totalitarian state turning a historically mid-table club into a near-invincible superpower is also less than ideal but this is the world we have to live in, and we've got to hope for the best within the pretty shitty confines we live in. 

Come on now that's a bit much, Man City were a lot worse than mid table historically :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Stan said:

xD 

But when Liverpool fans get wound up I'm guessing that's not allowed, no?

What like the last 30 years and the whole of the country against us. Yeah we’re fucking wound up and cuz you’ve all told us you hate us and you think we’re insufferable we’re going to hate you all back and be insufferable as fuck.

45 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What like the last 30 years and the whole of the country against us. Yeah we’re fucking wound up and cuz you’ve all told us you hate us and you think we’re insufferable we’re going to hate you all back and be insufferable as fuck.

Way to take the high road. 

Fuckface McSpit-tits took a phat fuckin dive in front of a complete banana bender of a linesman. Then you scored. I'm sure you're not arsed about it because the result matters big time but anyone denying that fact is a sperm sniffing spectrum rider. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Fuckface McSpit-tits took a phat fuckin dive in front of a complete banana bender of a linesman. Then you scored. I'm sure you're not arsed about it because the result matters big time but anyone denying that fact is a sperm sniffing spectrum rider. 

Yeah I’ve taken the high road before but fuck it, it’s better to just revel in how we’re hated. If it benefits us and upsets other people that don’t like us, I’m more than not arsed. I’m loving it

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Liverpool fans were moaning that Messi 'fouled' Fabinho on Wednesday night.

Yet Fabinho gets a free-kick for this just before the 3rd goal tonight. Hmm.

What a Fuckface McSpitt-Titts

Frankly if have been pretty sore on Rafa if he'd been the one to take points off us. Especially if BR was then the one on Monday to meekly bend over and let City seal the title one week early.

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Lol. Coming from you that's extra funny. Fuck taking the high road, us cunts on here have been doing that for years, and it gets you nowhere. Maybe it's time to revel in a bit of the hatred. 

As a neutral, I can't understand how you could dislike this team of players though. We don't have any social media cunts, we don't have any horrible mouthy cunts, we just have a bunch of hardworking lads. But that's probably me with my red tinted glasses on. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Rick said:

Lol. Coming from you that's extra funny. Fuck taking the high road, us cunts on here have been doing that for years, and it gets you nowhere. Maybe it's time to revel in a bit of the hatred. 

As a neutral, I can't understand how you could dislike this team of players though. We don't have any social media cunts, we don't have any horrible mouthy cunts, we just have a bunch of hardworking lads. But that's probably me with my red tinted glasses on. 

I've personally said before that this Liverpool team is great to watch and they would be deserving of the title should they win it because some of the stuff has been seriously entertaining, on a par with how Spurs were a few seasons ago, how Arsenal were in the early 00s and how Man City have been last few seasons. 

You have one horrible mouthy cunt in Henderson though, don't think you can deny that xD

And other diving plebs as well but neither of those negate the first point about being an entertaining side though. They're two separate things. You can really like the entertaining part but at the same time really hate the diving part, why is that so hard for some to understand xD?! 

11 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Assuming the match was a sell out, doesn't it mean there were Newcastle fans selling their tickets to Liverpool fans? Will they be banned?

Always around 10k general sale tickets if not more. Would have just bought them that way. Either club doesn't check postcodes or they're not from Liverpool. 

We used to have this problem all the time when we played Man Utd when they were good. Hard for clubs to spot away fans purchasing tickets when they come from all over the country.

• Subscriber

Lol imagine not being able to admit that's a dive. Did it directly lead to the winning goal? You do know they won't go back and change the result if one or two of you admits that that's an obvious dive and not a foul in a million years.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Lol imagine not being able to admit that's a dive. Did it directly lead to the winning goal? You do know they won't go back and change the result if one or two of you admits that that's an obvious dive and not a foul in a million years.

I chat shit when I've had a few. xD Sober me thinks it's a dive, of course.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Always around 10k general sale tickets if not more. Would have just bought them that way. Either club doesn't check postcodes or they're not from Liverpool. 

We used to have this problem all the time when we played Man Utd when they were good. Hard for clubs to spot away fans purchasing tickets when they come from all over the country.

We always get this whenever we play Utd and Liverpool. So many fans in the home end. 

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Funnily enough, we had similar for only the Man U and Liverpool games at home all season where a few spots of trouble broke out because the stupid cunts thought it was a good idea to celebrate an opposition goal in the home ends.

What a game! Wow!

Harsh on Newcastle considering the difference with the two squads although what can one say about Liverpool apart from the fact they're sensational. If this team doesn't win anything this season it's a travesty for football. You really want to see teams like this back-up the fantasy football with the honours so as to look back on and mark it with something tangible.

I prefer them much more to Manchester City as a football brand. It's just more organic,

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

What a game! Wow!

Harsh on Newcastle considering the difference with the two squads although what can one say about Liverpool apart from the fact they're sensational. If this team doesn't win anything this season it's a travesty for football. You really want to see teams like this back-up the fantasy football with the honours so as to look back on and mark it with something tangible.

I prefer them much more to Manchester City as a football brand. It's just more organic,

YOU ARE ALIVE!

Welcome back mate 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived