talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Frank Lampard Confirmed as Chelsea Boss

• Administrator

Frank Lampard's Chelsea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48632172

Chelsea have appointed former midfielder Frank Lampard as their manager on a three-year deal.

Lampard, 41, has left Championship side Derby County to take over at a club where he spent 13 years as a player.

He succeeds Maurizio Sarri, who left Stamford Bridge in June to take charge of Italian champions Juventus.

Lampard led Derby to the Championship play-off final, where they lost to Aston Villa, in his first season as a manager.

The former England international made 648 Chelsea appearances, winning 11 major trophies with them.

He takes over with Chelsea under a transfer embargo after the club were given a two-window transfer ban by world governing body Fifa - a decision they are appealing against at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
21 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Fuck yes, hope he is given a proper chance and our shit fans don't start crying after a first defeat. 

Lampssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

What happens if they do?

• Subscriber
Just now, True Blue said:

Basically nothing, just hope it doesn't happen haha

I hope he does well too. How many managers have you'll rotated now? This whilst still being competitive and having an ex-player (and a winning player at that) in the dressing room is probably going to calm a lot of things down.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I hope he does well too. How many managers have you'll rotated now? This whilst still being competitive and having an ex-player (and a winning player at that) in the dressing room is probably going to calm a lot of things down.

13 permanent managers, with Lampard being number 14. Also first English Chelsea manager since Glenn Hoddle 26 years ago.

I am also not a fan of Chelsea, but I respect Lampard and I feel sad about him. I believe he expected to be manager with Hazar in the team. This would turn bad for Chelsea I believe as they would be the only team with new manager from the top 6 teams. 

I'd be at peace with seeing this work out well for Chelsea. 

Lampard is a good egg and has always been a bit understated. I hope he succeeds. The goal should be 6th place this year. Stability and weathering the storm of no hazard and a transfer ban.

I'd like to know the targets for next season, or the target during his tenure. Think it is top four finish and a okay run in the cups while refreshing the team with youth. Silverware demands in his first season would be mad.

32 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I'd like to know the targets for next season, or the target during his tenure. Think it is top four finish and a okay run in the cups while refreshing the team with youth. Silverware demands in his first season would be mad.

Quadruple or fuck off 

• Subscriber

Welcome aboard @btts, another Man United man aboard, I like Lampard also and I hope he does well seeing Chelsea have employed an English born legend than doing the usual thing and employ someone non-English, hats off to the Chelsea Russian Tsar who is changing his tactics, must be old age creeping in and he wants to be a Chelsea pensioner.     

Got to love him.... I hope to god they give him time given the loss of Hazard and the Transfer ban etc... It will take a bit of time to adjust. I will say that the youth will probably never have a better opportunity now under him.... 

I have no expectations so won't be disappointed no matter where we finish this season... It's going to be an adventure... B|

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

People will try to be #LADS about it and take the piss but this is a great appointment, Chelsea are under a transfer embargo and with the departure of Eden Hazard are looking at a rough season. 

Bringing someone in who knows the club is exactly what was needed and who better than Frank Lampard who has done everything in a blue shirt. On the back of a successful campaign with Derby, he was the only real choice to take the helm. 

I expect John Terry to join in some capacity, although I wouldn't expect it as high as a direct No. 2 (will probably be Jody Morris?). 

Bet Mason Mount gets some game time now too, alongside CHO.

That's just all sentimental bollocks if we're being honest.

It's a difficult situation for him as some of the players are starting to go downhill, Hazard is gone and they're not allowed to bring anyone in. It'll be interesting to see if people keep that in mind before having a go at Chelsea or Lampard. I certainly won't.

Chelsea must have the biggest pool of young players bought from around the world anywhere in footballdom. If ever there was a time to prove a point, it's now! Or were they always just for speculative resales.

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

People will try to be #LADS about it and take the piss but this is a great appointment, Chelsea are under a transfer embargo and with the departure of Eden Hazard are looking at a rough season. 

Bringing someone in who knows the club is exactly what was needed and who better than Frank Lampard who has done everything in a blue shirt. On the back of a successful campaign with Derby, he was the only real choice to take the helm. 

I expect John Terry to join in some capacity, although I wouldn't expect it as high as a direct No. 2 (will probably be Jody Morris?). 

Bet Mason Mount gets some game time now too, alongside CHO.

The critical thing is whether the players down tools eventually if the season is quite tough and unsuccessful ... Whilst even the fans might excuse that based on expectations not being high it would be quite possible that Chelsea will do what they always do when they perceive the rot has set in, and purge the manager to try to jolt them out of it.

Archived