talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 1-0 Man Utd - Sunday 6th October, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber

What funny is that Ole, Bruce and Silva were high odds to get fired and now Ole is probably the #1 person to get the axe. He'll be gone by tomorrow and the replacement that comes in will have a very steep hill to climb.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dan said:

I can't see how he survives this.

I think they’re fucked no matter what, the problem is there’s no football structure where Ferguson did it all, now they just have a commercial arm that’s brilliant but no football structure at all. Problems run deep there now

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think they’re fucked no matter what, the problem is there’s no football structure where Ferguson did it all, now they just have a commercial arm that’s brilliant but no football structure at all. Problems run deep there now

I do as well. This has been coming for a long time and it's unravelling spectacularly.

Solskjaer's totally out of his depth and needs binning immediately but who on earth is going to come and solve this? It's fucked from the top and I think their luck has ran out.

I don't think it's over the top to suggest they won't make the Champions League for a good 3/4 years yet and this year, is it ridiculous to suggest they'll finish in the bottom half? They're one of the poorest attacking teams in the division.

• Subscriber

The fact that everyone on this forum said this would happen before they even gave him the permanent job but the people actually making the decisions at Man Utd didn't have the foresight of a bunch of arses like us tells you all you need to know.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The fact that everyone on this forum said this would happen before they even gave him the permanent job but the people actually making the decisions at Man Utd didn't have the foresight of a bunch of arses like us tells you all you need to know.

To be fair everyone on here thought raneiri would get sacked by Christmas at Leicester

• Subscriber

On 03/10/2019 at 09:30, CaaC (John) said:

Getting the Heebie Jeebies about this game the way United have been playing, I say 2-0 United (I hope) but...Bruce might play a 7-2-1 formation with a Newcastle under 12's upfront and he will score the winner.

Nearly got it right except for the formation and the under 12's bit, a 19-year-old playing for Newcastle got the winner and to add salt into the wound's that is the first time for Bruce since he became a manager to beat his old team.

18 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Solskjaer has to be in the top three or four worst managers in the league based on his CV.

Hopefully the United fans stick behind him and the green and gold scarves come back out instead. 

32 minutes ago, Dan said:

I do as well. This has been coming for a long time and it's unravelling spectacularly.

Solskjaer's totally out of his depth and needs binning immediately but who on earth is going to come and solve this? It's fucked from the top and I think their luck has ran out.

I don't think it's over the top to suggest they won't make the Champions League for a good 3/4 years yet and this year, is it ridiculous to suggest they'll finish in the bottom half? They're one of the poorest attacking teams in the division.

Big slap in the face for everyone that thought the problem was Mourniho. Jose was clearly getting a tune out of this turd.

Obviously different scales but they reek of Villa, Sunderland before they dropped, I see whoever comes in struggling and no change in the downward trend until EW is completely removed from the football side of things. 

Their transfer business has been appalling for 6 years now. 

Also unrelated but Everton are in the same boat to, both will do very well to finish higher than 10th as is. 

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Thing is, I’m deadly serious. There’s absolutely no fight or spine in this team. 

It's possible but do incredibly unlikely mate. I'd reckon none of those seven seasons were recent ones either.

3 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Big slap in the face for everyone that thought the problem was Mourniho. Jose was clearly getting a tune out of this turd.

Obviously different scales but they reek of Villa, Sunderland before they dropped, I see whoever comes in struggling and no change in the downward trend until EW is completely removed from the football side of things. 

Their transfer business has been appalling for 6 years now. 

Also unrelated but Everton are in the same boat to, both will do very well to finish higher than 10th as is. 

What would be the point of getting rid of Ole now? The players haven't turned on him. He's just got a mediocre side bereft of confidence.

Mourinho spent 600m to craft the side. That's proven to be money down the drain and the job that falls to Ole is to prune it back, get rid of the high wages and move on at a time it would suit a new manager to come in with low expectations.

Bottom line is Lampard has considerably more to work with than Ole imo.

• Subscriber

Everything Mourinho said about these players is ringing truer and truer by the day by the way. I remember saying the problem went deeper than him in amongst the rabid circlejerk about him getting sacked, but a couple of 4-0s against Cardiff and Fulham under Solskjaer was evidence enough for many on here to feel they had been proven right.

People laughed when Mourinho celebrated the Europa League and 2nd place as if they were great achievements. Now people would laugh if you suggested Man Utd are remotely likely to achieve either of those things in the next decade.

Just saying.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Everything Mourinho said about these players is ringing truer and truer by the day by the way. I remember saying the problem went deeper than him in amongst the rabid circlejerk about him getting sacked, but a couple of 4-0s against Cardiff and Fulham under Solskjaer was evidence enough for many on here to feel they had been proven right.

People laughed when Mourinho celebrated the Europa League and 2nd place as if they were great achievements. Now people would laugh if you suggested Man Utd are remotely likely to achieve either of those things in the next decade.

Just saying.

He built that team. He spent money on that squad... It's partly his responsibility that this is occurring.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He built that team. He spent money on that squad... It's partly his responsibility that this is occurring.

Partly yes but it's not that long ago he got laughed at for finishing 20 points behind City or whatever it was. It was only the season before last.

When this sort of decline was happening before Mourinho was there, at least slowed down a bit while he was there, and is now back in full swing again, maybe it's not unfair to say the "SEE, Mourinho has always been overrated and finally here's the proof" shouts were actually pretty wide of the mark.

However, it's not so much me trying to say Mourinho was any good. My point is more that people called it bad man management when he publicly criticised the likes of Pogba and Martial for their attitude and commitment. It wasn't his management that made them stink the place out, the players themselves are rotten apples and if anything Solskjaer's mollycoddling is getting even less out of them. With each passing shambles they're proving him more and more right every day and the fact it's become absolutely clear that his man management wasn't the thing having a negative on their performances shows me at least that he was bang on to come out and say it.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Partly yes but it's not that long ago he got laughed at for finishing 20 points behind City or whatever it was. It was only the season before last.

When this sort of decline was happening before Mourinho was there, at least slowed down a bit while he was there, and is now back in full swing again, maybe it's not unfair to say the "SEE, Mourinho has always been overrated and finally here's the proof" shouts were actually pretty wide of the mark.

However, it's not so much me trying to say Mourinho was any good. My point is more that people called it bad man management when he publicly criticised the likes of Pogba and Martial for their attitude and commitment. It wasn't his management that made them stink the place out, the players themselves are rotten apples and if anything Solskjaer's mollycoddling is getting even less out of them. With each passing shambles they're proving him more and more right every day and the fact it's become absolutely clear that his man management wasn't the thing having a negative on their performances shows me at least that he was bang on to come out and say it.

I'm not saying Mourinho isn't just in what he's said there and many other times. But as you know, with him it was always mainly based on sour grapes and the fruits of defeat mainly. Solskær has been a mistake but he got the job as a caretaker and had practically the whole of the press pushing Man Utd to give him a permanent contract due to the results he was harvesting at the time. Hindsight is a fine thing and we've all been victims to it. I think United's problems run really deep and a large proportion of the issues they've suffered has mainly been because they don't seem to know what they want and there's been no consistency in their appointments of head coaches.

I may be wrong but that club has been chaotic since SAF stepped aside.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Ogs doesn't have the same squad though mate. He's let Lukaku and Sanchez go for example. Huge high cost players on the United bill... Was the expectation to make a profit on transfers and still finish where Jose did the season he'd pumped in 400m? Harsh if so.

I think oles being asked to finish Top 6 at best whilst more importantly offload the higher cost players and prune back the squad

8 hours ago, Harry said:

It's possible but do incredibly unlikely mate. I'd reckon none of those seven seasons were recent ones either.

What would be the point of getting rid of Ole now? The players haven't turned on him. He's just got a mediocre side bereft of confidence.

Mourinho spent 600m to craft the side. That's proven to be money down the drain and the job that falls to Ole is to prune it back, get rid of the high wages and move on at a time it would suit a new manager to come in with low expectations.

Bottom line is Lampard has considerably more to work with than Ole imo.

Think Jose would have had long term problems anyway, his 3 year in habit of being an argumentative cunt causes problems wherever he is. 

But i’m of the opinion that he got fucked by EW on at least 2 transfer windows, they were late and paid way over the odds because of desperation. 

United 10-15 years ago would bring in brilliant players from all over the world and nowadays the scouting is awful. They badly need a director of football style role filling to give whatever manager has the job a chance. 

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-0 Man Utd - Sunday 6th October, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived