talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pochettino Sacked by Spurs; Replaced by Jose Mourinho

26 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If you’re using that argument then Don Jose M. wouldn’t of been as successful with us if it weren’t for Ranieri for setting up the foundation...

Mate let's be honest Chelsea wouldn't have won the league without abramavich.  Saying mourinho bought them their first title without mentioning the investment is ridiculous.

And also Barcelona finished 3rd in la Liga the year before guardiola arrived. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm interested to see how this pans out, because this is the kind of situation I've always wanted to see how Mourinho would fare in: one where he's not at one of the financial powerhouse clubs in the league. Because at Porto, Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid, Chelsea again, and Manchester United you're talking about clubs that are always amongst the biggest spenders in the league.

Spurs aren't poor - but they're definitely working with different budgetary constraints than the other English clubs he's managed. It'll be a new sort of challenge for him. It'll be interesting to see how he does.

The aspect that leads me to be most sceptical is that success as a manager requires goodwill, and being given time to turn the club around... Jose isn't really popular anymore so if he doesn't get given a judgement free year Ty turn things around he's gonna have a press creating a toxic atmosphere around the club from very early in his tenure

3 hours ago, Machado said:

Gunnersauraus in this thread xD Surely this kind of bitterness is a bonus for any Spurs fan? The derby got even more spicy.

What have I said? I actually rate mourinho more than most on here. But just pointing out that saying he won Chelsea their first title in 50 years and not mentioning the investment is misleading. He's never gone to a club like spurs before he has always gone to clubs big in their league who you would expect to be winning trophies. 

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Well Barcelona won the Champion League the season before Zlatan went to the club, then again the season after he left, while Inter also won a treble the year after he left.

Held Barcelona back that season in the Champs league if anything. Villa should have been signed a year earlier. It was actually Barcelona who downgraded by swapping Eto'o for him.

Most overrated cunt of a footballer there has ever been.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Jose comes straight in and wipes that shit off the board before any player sees it, the madman that he is. 

Just seen a quote from an article on Twitter saying Jose would purposely give the wrong time to a younger player for a training session. And when the younger player turns up late, Jose has a go at him. If the player is angry and stands up to him, Jose wouldn't mind it. If the youngster backs down and says sorry, Jose was not a fan. A reverse psychology test that is totally pointless.

Psycho!

38 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just seen a quote from an article on Twitter saying Jose would purposely give the wrong time to a younger player for a training session. And when the younger player turns up late, Jose has a go at him. If the player is angry and stands up to him, Jose wouldn't mind it. If the youngster backs down and says sorry, Jose was not a fan. A reverse psychology test that is totally pointless.

Psycho!

I saw a football club once that he managed. When the players were outstanding and won games, it was all Jose’s doing because he’s fantastic. If they were shit and lost, it had nothing to with him and he threw them under a bus.

Psycho.

On 20/11/2019 at 21:16, Cicero said:

If you’re using that argument then Don Jose M. wouldn’t of been as successful with us if it weren’t for Ranieri for setting up the foundation...

True mate, I really do think that Chelsea were on the brink sooner or later. 

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Which Spurs player will Jose make his scapegoat and throw under the bus first?

I was pondering this earlier... Maybe Eriksen? It one of the others not signing new contacts... Or Hugo Lloris.

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

I was pondering this earlier... Maybe Eriksen? It one of the others not signing new contacts... Or Hugo Lloris.

Flair player for not being being defensive and boring. Am gping for your choice or Moura.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Lol couldn’t make this up. 

Mourinho’s last 6 managerial stints. 

C-Chelsea

I-Inter

R-Real Madrid

C-Chelsea 

U-United 

S-Spurs 

Except it should be M and T so you can actually make it up 

• The title was changed to Pochettino Sacked by Spurs; Replaced by Jose Mourinho

Archived