talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Administrator

Got back in to Suits now that it's back on Netflix (probably had been for a while but I didn't check for ages). New episodes every Thursday I think.

Now watching Designated Surviror. 

Watched the first five episodes of the new Twin Peaks, and I honestly don't know what to make of it. At times it feels like a film-student's amateurish and messy tribute to Lynch. As a huge fan of the original I will keep watching, but the pointlessness of a lot of scenes is really testing my patience. And this is coming from a massive TP and Lynch fan.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

FInished Designated Survivor first season. Gotta wait a few months til next season xD 

Started Ozark now. Anyone else started this? Also on Netflix. 

I watched Designated Survivor as well, the typical Yank dramatic music made it seem as if it was going to be overly dramatic and silly/cheesy at the start but it was actually an enjoyable watch, looking forward to the next season. 

Very tempted by Ozark, I liked Breaking Bad and be nice to have the next show lined up when I'm up to date with Mad Men. Would you recommend based on what you've watched?

• Administrator
13 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I watched Designated Survivor as well, the typical Yank dramatic music made it seem as if it was going to be overly dramatic and silly/cheesy at the start but it was actually an enjoyable watch, looking forward to the next season. 

Very tempted by Ozark, I liked Breaking Bad and be nice to have the next show lined up when I'm up to date with Mad Men. Would you recommend based on what you've watched?

yeah as the DS season went on it didn't pan out as I originally expected with so much FBI involvement. And it's not just a twist at the end of the season, there's a couple of plot twists throughout which keeps you guessing.

Yeah I'd recommend Ozark. Watched 4 episodes yesterday. First episode is very dramatic but I guess it has to be to pull people in. I like how dry-witted Bateman's character, Marty Byrde, can be sometimes.

I'm watching the fifth season of Homeland even though I prefer watching it during the winter, unfortunately I have nothing better to watch right now. (not interested in Game of Thrones, Vikings and other multifandom series)

Edited by Dalmore

57 minutes ago, Harry said:

I've done a few seasons but felt it may have been heading off the boiler and haven't watched in a couple years. Are the more recent seasons worth a watch?

Yeah. I agree with you that I think they went off the boil for a bit, but it got better. Not as good as it was initially, but that was always a high level to maintain. Else yo can just always watch it on mute and just enjoy watching Donna, Rachel and Jessica.

• Subscriber
On 7/31/2017 at 0:54 PM, Stan said:

Started Ozark now. Anyone else started this? Also on Netflix. 

I was just going to post i just finished the first season of this. I quite enjoyed it, i wasnt sure at first about Jason Bateman in a serious role but he was perfect, the star was actually the actress that played his wife. Definitely worth your time, but of a mix of Drug/cartel stuff with a family being involved, its got some good side storys with characters going on.

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I was just going to post i just finished the first season of this. I quite enjoyed it, i wasnt sure at first about Jason Bateman in a serious role but he was perfect, the star was actually the actress that played his wife. Definitely worth your time, but of a mix of Drug/cartel stuff with a family being involved, its got some good side storys with characters going on.

Yeah Jason Bateman is really strong and Laura Linney (his wife) too.

• Subscriber

Deutschland 83

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4445154/

Released in 2015 (joint American and German production), I can't believe I only discovered it a few days ago. It's an 8-episode spy thriller set in a divided Germany in 1983, during a peak period for Cold War tensions between East and West. Great show, and the sequel should be released next year.

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Deutschland 83

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4445154/

Released in 2015 (joint American and German production), I can't believe I only discovered it a few days ago. It's an 8-episode spy thriller set in a divided Germany in 1983, during a peak period for Cold War tensions between East and West. Great show, and the sequel should be released next year.

Brilliant programme that.

We're currently watching Dexter.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Brilliant programme that.

Yes, I was surprised how good it was, especially after it flopped in Germany, apparently. At any case, Season 2 a.k.a Deutschland 86 is now confirmed after it was picked up by Amazon and will be released some time in 2018! The new episodes will continue the story 3 years after the events in Season 1, with more Cold War action in Germany, South Africa, Libya and France. Season 3, named Deutschland 89, is apparently planned as well.

• Subscriber

I was off sick with strep throat so i did some catching up! finished the first season of The Son. I found it got better and better and im quite happy to see it was renewed for a second season. The ruthlessness was something else but god. Worth checking out if theres any other western fans out there! @nudge

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Forgot to mention ive caught up so far this season on HBO's Ballers. Its kind of mindless entertainment, some cameos and nice looking ladies and good lines and of course The Rock. 

Also caught up on Vikings. I quite liked the second half of the season alot. I wont get into details without spoilers but its really interesting the direction they've chose to go. I think i remember reading its set to undergo another 20 episode two part 5th season, 10 released this fall and then the following 10 next spring again. There where talks about the season after being the last so theres lots more to go. 

• The topic was pinned