talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ten Hairs has done a lot to make himself look like an absolute dickhead in the past 2 weeks.

I concur here and I think it's a trend.  while I agree with him on Ronaldo, I think his personal attack on Maguire has turned Maguire into a rebel, now he is attacking sancho.

right now he needs to bury the hatchet as man United need a United front and park the power struggle

20 hours ago, 6666 said:

Is it weird that I always thought Antony always had the look of someone with anger issues?

One of the downsides of him being a short, moaning-faced git with tattoos and pigeon shit hair is that if someone says "he's a woman beater" my instinctive reaction is "of course".

I'm conscious that if the authorities took this approach, about 30% of the population of Brazil would be in jail, but it's good enough for me. 

Edited by Inverted

5 hours ago, Inverted said:

One of the downsides of him being a short, moaning-faced git with tattoos and pigeon shit hair is that if someone says "he's a woman beater" my instinctive reaction is "of course".

I'm conscious that if the authorities took this approach, about 30% of the population of Brazil would be in jail, but it's good enough for me. 

Brazil has one of the worst crime rates to go with possible the most corrupt government, although the US is giving them a run for their money.

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Was a good interview, I think if anything it just highlights how different a player they were. You would group Scholes with a Xavi or a Pirlo, but I think it’s a remnant of how bad it was to support England back then, not just players competing against each other but fans too.

I think we were also held back by rigid formations of the time, Scholes back with Carrick in a 2 man midfield with Gerrard ahead would have been unreal. Both players performed in the same formation eventually for United and Liverpool.

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Was a good interview, I think if anything it just highlights how different a player they were. You would group Scholes with a Xavi or a Pirlo, but I think it’s a remnant of how bad it was to support England back then, not just players competing against each other but fans too.

I think we were also held back by rigid formations of the time, Scholes back with Carrick in a 2 man midfield with Gerrard ahead would have been unreal. Both players performed in the same formation eventually for United and Liverpool.

My take was Scholes with pre-injured Hargreaves to keep ball and control play. With Gerrard as the 10 behind Owen or Rooney just like the way he played behind Torres at Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

That 2004-6 side when they played 4 in midfield to accommodate Beckham was silly really. They could have gone with Scholes lampard and Gerrard as a 3. I suppose that's with hindsight though as 442 was the standard in those days. 

And yeah completely different players. Gerrard could do just about anything whereas Scholes admits he couldn't have won games on his own

Edited by LFCMike

14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

That 2004-6 side when they played 4 in midfield to accommodate Beckham was silly really. They could have gone with Scholes lampard and Gerrard as a 3. I suppose that's with hindsight though as 442 was the standard in those days. 

And yeah completely different players. Gerrard could do just about anything whereas Scholes admits he couldn't have won games on his own

Tbh I think there was a patience to Scholes’ games that Gerrard didn’t have. Technically he could do it all but much the same with Xabi Alonso, I don’t think Gerrard could do that position better.

47 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Leaking negative details to devalue a player you want to sell is certainly…a strategy.

They could be trying to self motivate him or give him a kick up the ass to chance his ways.  Probably a last resort sort of thing, they have tried everything else but nothing has worked.  Seems he had thevsame kind of problems at Dortmund, makes you wonder what he was like at City?

Edited by Redcanuck

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

They could be trying to self motivate him or give him a kick up the ass to chance his ways.  Probably a last resort sort of thing, they have tried everything else but nothing has worked.  Seems he had thevsame kind of problems at Dortmund, makes you wonder what he was like at City?

He was a prick at Dortmund which means he is clearly part of the problem. No matter what's happened these last couple of months. The truth is he's been a sack of shit since signing for us.

On 13/09/2023 at 11:33, MUFC said:

He was a prick at Dortmund which means he is clearly part of the problem.

Is that true? He seemed like he was a pretty popular member of the squad and someone that they valued quite highly - the most controversial thing he did at Dortmund, if I recall, is a public display of support for George Floyd's family... which isn't even that controversial tbh.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got lazy because he's on big wages and that's caused some attitude problems, that happens with some players. I do think it's a bit strange of man management when you've got an expensive high profile player who's said he's been undergoing mental health treatment getting frozen out like this by the manager.

It's hard to come back from being told to train alone. Whenever that's happened with us, the player's been pretty quickly moved on. It usually demonstrates a complete breakdown in the relationship between the player and the manager and the manager no longer wants that player around to "infect" the squad. It takes a lot to repair a breakdown like that. I imagine he's on his way out as soon as the transfer window opens.

Probably bad planning from United's part not finding a club willing to at least take him on loan or convince him to take the untold riches of Saudi Arabia once the window closed.

23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is that true? He seemed like he was a pretty popular member of the squad and someone that they valued quite highly - the most controversial thing he did at Dortmund, if I recall, is a public display of support for George Floyd's family... which isn't even that controversial tbh.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got lazy because he's on big wages and that's caused some attitude problems, that happens with some players. I do think it's a bit strange of man management when you've got an expensive high profile player who's said he's been undergoing mental health treatment getting frozen out like this by the manager.

It's hard to come back from being told to train alone. Whenever that's happened with us, the player's been pretty quickly moved on. It usually demonstrates a complete breakdown in the relationship between the player and the manager and the manager no longer wants that player around to "infect" the squad. It takes a lot to repair a breakdown like that. I imagine he's on his way out as soon as the transfer window opens.

Probably bad planning from United's part not finding a club willing to at least take him on loan or convince him to take the untold riches of Saudi Arabia once the window closed.

If put his Utd career to the side. At Dortmund he was fined and also trained alone there but being late to training and claimed that Dortmund made him a scapegoat. He failed to turn up to numerous training session at Man City, if this is true could it be the reason Pep got rid? There are also stories of his poor training and time keeping for England. Not sure if it's true but apparently Southgate has agreed with our manager.

Turns out not only is he a shit footballer but he's a grade A cock who takes the piss 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, MUFC said:

At Dortmund he was fined and also trained alone there but being late to training and claimed that Dortmund made him a scapegoat

Dortmund fall-out

In his first campaign in the Bundesliga, Sancho was sent to train with the reserves after repeatedly showing up late for first-team training. Two years later, after a particularly bad defeat at the hands of Bayern Munich, the wide-man is believed to have felt 'scapegoated and humiliated', as per The Athletic.

Sancho was taken off just 36 minutes into Bayern Munich's 4-0 win, which he clearly felt was the wrong decision. As did the player's camp, who thought the fact the winger was seen as the fall guy for such a dismal display was disgraceful.

Just one month after that sorry saga, Sancho was suspended by then-Dortmund boss Lucian Favre for once again returning to the club late after being away on England duty. It has been claimed that given he was just a teenager at the time, the Three Lions ace expected more compassion and care from those running the show at Dortmund.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manutd-sancho-tenhag-dortmund-claim-30878121

4 hours ago, MUFC said:

If put his Utd career to the side. At Dortmund he was fined and also trained alone there but being late to training and claimed that Dortmund made him a scapegoat. He failed to turn up to numerous training session at Man City, if this is true could it be the reason Pep got rid? There are also stories of his poor training and time keeping for England. Not sure if it's true but apparently Southgate has agreed with our manager.

Turns out not only is he a shit footballer but he's a grade A cock who takes the piss 

Ah well that makes him sound like a dickhead

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ah well that makes him sound like a dickhead

and...:coffee:

Manchester City know just how stubborn Sancho can be. During a contract stand-off with the club when he was 17 years old, Pep Guardiola decided to omit the youngster from their 2017 preseason tour of America. He was instead required to attend training sessions at the City Football Academy but failed to turn up on a number of occasions. Sometimes coaching staff couldn't reach him to check where he was. By the end of the summer, his relationship with the club was irreparable and he was allowed to leave for Dortmund.

Guardiola said later that Sancho "didn't want to take the challenge" of trying to win a place in the City team.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/38338518/jadon-sancho-manchester-united-future-erik-ten-hag

7 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

and...:coffee:

Manchester City know just how stubborn Sancho can be. During a contract stand-off with the club when he was 17 years old, Pep Guardiola decided to omit the youngster from their 2017 preseason tour of America. He was instead required to attend training sessions at the City Football Academy but failed to turn up on a number of occasions. Sometimes coaching staff couldn't reach him to check where he was. By the end of the summer, his relationship with the club was irreparable and he was allowed to leave for Dortmund.

Guardiola said later that Sancho "didn't want to take the challenge" of trying to win a place in the City team.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/38338518/jadon-sancho-manchester-united-future-erik-ten-hag

And to think I was upset we'd missed out on signing him and that you landed him - sounds like we dodged a bullet and he'd probably be getting the Sakho treatment from Klopp.

• Upvote 1