talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Nah, McTominay is 23 and he was associated with the United youth academy when he was 5, Cameron Jackson was the same, associated with the United youth academy when he was a 6-year-old, 2 good youth products to me and I have said in here before that McTominay would make a great future United captain.

It seems that Ole is relying too much on Shaw as a left-back that's Cameron Jackson's position and I would rather bed him in the first team than Shaw, the later is too much of an injury liability and can be a big sook if he gets any criticism, these are my thoughts only though,  @DeadLinesman what's your thoughts on this?

CBJ is not needed. Hasn’t been been playing on loan for Tranmere, so we recalled him and sent him packing again. His contract is up this summer and we won’t activate his extra year. He never kicked on after Mourinho arrived and sent him packing to Wolves 4 years ago.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ed Woodward’s hired Neil Ashton, from the sun, to improve his PR. Disgusting person

Old news. Agreed though. Imagine thinking you can change the perception of Woodward to United fans 7 years after he’s fucked them over. Ashton was obviously on the phone to Custis as well as he’s written a 2 page article blaming everyone but Woodward. Get fucked.

9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Old news. Agreed though. Imagine thinking you can change the perception of Woodward to United fans 7 years after he’s fucked them over. Ashton was obviously on the phone to Custis as well as he’s written a 2 page article blaming everyone but Woodward. Get fucked.

Doesn’t he also have someone at BBC Sport shilling for him?

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Doesn’t he also have someone at BBC Sport shilling for him?

Yup, Ian Dennis. He was disgusted for the first time in his illustrious career after hearing the bonfire song, coincidentally sung millions of times over the past 20 years. Apparently, swapping scousers and city for Glazers and Woodward is now a death threat. 

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Except Klopp had won silverware at Dortmund, was building a playing style that was noticeable from the off...Ole was sacked by Cardiff and you still don’t really know what their game plan is other than give it to Rashford

Klopp also got us to 2 finals in his first season after our miserable start to that season. With a squad he didn’t build and using tactics for that squad he knew he would abandon after he could bring his own players in (which is more tactical flexibility than Solksjaer’s ever shown tbh).

And even if you take away from the fact that we improved on the pitch when Klopp came in, then improved more significantly after he made signings... the numbers themselves paint a different story between the 2 managers as well.

In his first full season Klopp had a 57% win rate in the league, getting us over 70 points and into the CL. It’s possible for Solksjaer to get around 70 points, but I think it’s unlikely given United’s win rate in the league this season.

It’s easy to see why Klopp was given time - he demonstrated good reason why he deserves time and it was worth persisting. You just can’t say the same for United right now.

I understand that the people above him are ultimately the biggest problem at the club. But incompetence above the manager underscores the need for a competent manager. Right now United are a sailboat with no rudder and no sails.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yup, Ian Dennis. He was disgusted for the first time in his illustrious career after hearing the bonfire song, coincidentally sung millions of times over the past 20 years. Apparently, swapping scousers and city for Glazers and Woodward is now a death threat. 

Hasn’t the bonfire song been going since the 80s? xD

There’s one chant I saw regarding Ed Woodward being I thought was a bit fucked up - if the media’s going to bitch about chants maybe do the one that’s not been going on since before I was born

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hasn’t the bonfire song been going since the 80s? xD

There’s one chant I saw regarding Ed Woodward being I thought was a bit fucked up - if the media’s going to bitch about chants maybe do the one that’s not been going on since before I was born

Which chant was that?

That's well out of order. The man's bad at his job, he doesn't deserve to have his private life at home shat on just because his bosses refuse to sack him. Also that chant is fucked up & weirdly hypocritical coming from people who love to do the "murderers" and "the sun was right" chants.

They also say "How we'll kill you, we don't know" then say they're going "to cut him up from head to toe" - which does indicate they in fact DO know how they'll be murdering him. But I guess nobody claimed Mancs were the brightest

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:
Please merge with Man Utd discussion thread if necessary.

Lol when I merged it with this thread it changed the entire name of the thread to the title of the thread you made. Thought I severely botched my first ever thread merge xD

It’s obviously way to far. 

Some people are pushed to the brink with stuff like this though as it IS their life. You’ll always read that there’s more important things in life and that decisions these blokes make doesn’t effect you personally. That’s bollocks. 

One of my best mates is a carpet fitter. He works massive industrial jobs and does foreigners regularly till late at night to afford his season ticket, as well as travelling to away games throughout Europe. He’s been doing this since the mid 80’s and it’s all he’s ever known. Once someone starts fucking around with your social enjoyment, it gets personal. 

Just to be clear, this doesn’t condone throwing flares at houses when there’s wives and kids involved. Completely unacceptable.

• Upvote 2