talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

19 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Fake news 😂 don't need William and martial is a big part of our future.. He will get plenty of playing time during the summer and extra ready for Mou/Man utd part III. I don't blame you for wanting martial, great player.

Didn't want Salah, turned into one of the worlds best

Didn't want KDB, turned into the best attacking mid in the world

Now he doesn't want Martial and prefers a man who will be 30 in the summer. 

Classic Mourinho :rofl::rofl:

• Administrator
15 hours ago, Lucas said:

My favourite Ruud Van Nistelrooy picture.

cf1e6a19022355f18c5a24ecf9e63f1b.jpg

just noticed something in that picture after countless times of seeing all the footage of that iconic Premier League moment.

Martin Keown wears numbered shin-pads xD 

30 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Anything can happen I guess, than again, conte's replacement may want to keep willian around.

M.E.N. put out a list of possible free transfer options for man utd:

Robben, Asamoah, Meyer, and de Virj  Out of all of those, Meyer will be a perfect addition.

Robben? Isn’t he dead yet? 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Manchester United won't sell David De Gea this summer - Jose Mourinho

Jose Mourinho has rejected speculation that goalkeeper David De Gea will leave Manchester United in the summer.

Keylor Navas' mistake in Real Madrid's win over Bayern Munich on Wednesday revived speculation that De Gea could move to the Bernabeu.

But asked at a news conference on Friday whether that could happen, Mourinho said: "No chance."

ESPN

NO CHANCE he said! Mou and Man utd are building this team for greatness. No way in hell they agree to sell DeGea

if you were to sell him, what's the minimum you'd accept for him?

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The process is going nice and smooth.. Jose M. and woodward will deliver the proper signings. The present is good but the future looks even better. 💯🔴⭕

That's all well and good until you lose to Huddersfield and West Brom, two teams destined for the Championship.

I've been working with a Scouse fella the last week and half, who is close to retirement at the end of the year, and he was speaking about who the best players he'd seen are. He then got onto George Best saying how he was the greatest he's seen live, this is from a Scouse Liverpool fan who absolutely despises Man United, so it's not like he is showing any form of bias. He was saying how said he remembers United hammering Liverpool when he was there one night, 4-0 he said he thinks the result was and how everything Best did that night was absolutely perfect, every touch, every dribble and how he destroyed Liverpool. It's good to listen to stories from people who were able to see players live from before your time.

On 01/05/2018 at 18:47, Cicero said:

InB4 Blue saying that if Best was Spanish, he'd be regarded the best European ever 

More like if he didn't love his women and booze too much. But talent wise, he blows you away when you watch old footage, without a doubt. Special talent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I genuinely fell asleep in the middle of that Sunday night game. 1 fucking shot on target. 1. And it was just pass back, keep the ball, don’t lose it. It was like watching 10 Jordan Henderson’s. We need a world class CB (which won’t happen), a world class wing back (won’t happen), an actual winger that can both assist and score (won’t happen), and a forward to compliment Lukaku (but Mourinho won’t play Rashford). We’ll tick along like last year, scraping results and playing utterly fucking gash football, probably end 3rd or 4th battering a minnow along then way so Mourinho can keep his job.

There are a lot of United fans who are worried about the lack of activity in this window, not just necessary additions but in getting rid of the dead wood as well.  It is strange how quite things have gone around United, there hadn't been any new rumours for weeks nor any further information on the same rumours we have been hearing all summer. 

Like Dead Linesman says we need a CB, a LB, a RW and possibly a back up striker.  If you believe the rumours, Maguire seems to be the preffered CB, though the fee they claim is utterly ridiculous for a player not on many teams radar until he had a good World Cup.  Shaw is going to have another chance to make the LB is own and today United have been linked to two young wingers Senegal international Ismaila Saar, and France under-21 international Allan Saint-Maximin.

While I don't know much about Saar who looked good at the World Cup, and Saint-Maximin, at least they aren't pushing 30 and costing £60-70m. 

Like I said it is really quite, too quite, it maybe mostly wishful thinking on my part, but I can't imagine that United start the season with the only changes being Fred and Dalot in and Blind out.  

There is still 16 days to go in this window and Ibra said today that the boss has a secret plan and there is something special coming.  So hope springs eternal.

• Subscriber

How many more chances is Luke Shaw going to be given? Especially under Mourinho who just seems to throw him in completely at random and blast him for playing like shit even if he was only average. I don't rate the lad as if he had the drive and determination to make something of himself he'd have got out of there at the first opportunity but he'd have a much better chance under a different manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

How many more chances is Luke Shaw going to be given? Especially under Mourinho who just seems to throw him in completely at random and blast him for playing like shit even if he was only average. I don't rate the lad as if he had the drive and determination to make something of himself he'd have got out of there at the first opportunity but he'd have a much better chance under a different manager.

Some of the shite Mourinho's said about Shaw is pretty funny. Not great man management, and before Shaw went to United I thought he'd be ace... so I'm a bit surprised at how things have panned out for him. I've heard Mourinho's blasted him for being fat... but I couldn't find any links to back that up, so I doubt that's true. There was some match, I forget who they were playing, but Shaw looked pretty average having not played in a very long time and he was hauled off at halftime and I have no idea why. He wasn't by far the worst player on the pitch or anything.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Still no other LB brought in and if there isn't one by the time the window closes it could indicate that Mourinho has been impressed with the effort Shaw has put in during the off season and the pre season.  Though you would think this is Shaw's last chance under Mourinho.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Some of the shite Mourinho's said about Shaw is pretty funny. Not great man management, and before Shaw went to United I thought he'd be ace... so I'm a bit surprised at how things have panned out for him. 

Tends to happen when you spend more time in Burger King than the first XI.

United don't have a bad team as it is...

Do they need another striker when Sanchez has come in? Probably not if he's at 100% this season.

I like Pogba but he's never carried United, at Juve he was always part of a strong midfield with the likes of Pirlo, Vidal, Marchiso...you had creativity, teamwork and defending with those three alone...however the support of their current players hasn't been enough. I'm guessing Matic, Fred and Pogba is the expected midfield line up this season?