talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (2) 2-3aet (4) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 11th March, 2020

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to have a big soft spot for Atlético 4-6 years ago. When I first lived in Spain one of my Spanish mates was a big fan so I started to like them as well.

Back then for me they used to be conservative with their play but at the same time they did defend very well with the likes of Godin being a true symbol of what they stood for. The style was negative but you could appreciate some of the defending that was on show and the level of quality of the players. 

The last few years, they still have a conservative style but the level of defending and overall quality of their play is nowhere near as good. They are hence a lot easier to dislike. For me, tonight has been sheer Liverpool domination second half. 

Simeone has attempted to change their identity at times over the years but in the end always reverted back to what made them. For me, at this level because they spend so much time sitting back, when they do have to attack it’s almost like the gear is stuck and ultimately (perhaps obvious) what’s cost them is that they have struggled to have that balance between defence and attack.

• Administrator
Just now, Inverted said:

Pathetic tie. No chance Atlético win the CL ever in their history. 

They even win like losers. 

this sounds so bitter xD 

1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

I used to have a big soft spot for Atlético 4-6 years ago. When I first lived in Spain one of my Spanish mates was a big fan so I started to like them as well.

Back then for me they used to be conservative with their play but at the same time they did defend very well with the likes of Godin being a true symbol of what they stood for. The style was negative but you could appreciate some of the defending that was on show and the level of quality of the players. 

The last few years, they still have a conservative style but the level of defending and overall quality of their play is nowhere near as good. They are hence a lot easier to dislike. For me, tonight has been sheer Liverpool domination second half. 

Simeone has attempted to change their identity at times over the years but in the end always reverted back to what made them. For me, at this level because they spend so much time sitting back, when they do have to attack it’s almost like the gear is stuck and ultimately (perhaps obvious) what’s cost them is that they have struggled to have that balance between defence and attack.

I think they're still a VERY impressive defensive unit. They don't panic at the back even when the doors being smashed in. I can appreciate the team.

• The title was changed to Liverpool (2) 2-3aet (4) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 11th March, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived