talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Maybe it's Wenger that isn't getting the best out of these players? 

Is it shit coaching methods or is it every Arsenal player is shit? 

We probably won't sign Ox but I'm fairly confident that if we did Klopp would get much more out of him than Wenger has. 

To a degree yes, some players have been royally fucked with like Ramsey who was being shafted all over the place. I think Wenger's biggest problem though has always been his faith in players. This leads to big contracts and us being unable to offload them ,so they are here to the bitter end.

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

To a degree yes, some players have been royally fucked with like Ramsey who was being shafted all over the place. I think Wenger's biggest problem though has always been his faith in players. This leads to big contracts and us being unable to offload them ,so they are here to the bitter end.

I'd disagree due to the fact that you have players constantly on the last year of their contracts. Ox, Sanchez & Ozil this summer for example. 

• Subscriber

The likes of Ramsey, Walcott and Chamberlain are still dining out on looking good as a youngster and earning a big money move to Arsenal at a young age despite doing nothing to prove themselves for several years aside from the occasional stand out performance which for some reason leads the football public at large to forget they've been injured or anonymous for another three months since they last popped up on Match of the Day. 

Might be harsh including Walcott there as he's done well for Arsenal most of the time he's been there but looks like he's starting to fall into this category. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I'd disagree due to the fact that you have players constantly on the last year of their contracts. Ox, Sanchez & Ozil this summer for example. 

That's more on the players then Wenger, he would sign the majority with a year left if he could persuade them to.

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

That's more on the players then Wenger, he would sign the majority with a year left if he could persuade them to.

Other clubs don't seem to continually have this problem though? 

Maybe it is actually Wenger? 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Other clubs don't seem to continually have this problem though? 

Maybe it is actually Wenger? 

Probably, the way we're run is a joke. Wenger has far too much power over the club and it will continue to hold us back until he is gone, or someone has the courage to take it away from him.

• Administrator

According to BBC, will discuss his future after the pre-season tours of Australia and China

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40583671

Mesut Ozil says he wants to stay at Arsenal and will discuss his future with the club after a pre-season tour of Australia and China.

The midfielder, 28, is under contract with Arsenal until 2018 but speculation over his future has been widespread.

"It is definitely my preference to stay," the German said on Wednesday.

"Once everyone is back in London, we will sit down and discuss the future. I have always said that I feel very good at Arsenal."

Arsenal face Sydney FC on Thursday (11:00 BST) and Western Sydney Wanderers (11:00 BST) on Saturday before heading to China for two further games.

Arsene Wenger's side meet Bayern Munich (12:20 BST) on 19 July in Shanghai and Chelsea (12:40 BST) on 22 July in Beijing before returning to England.

"For now the most important thing is our pre-season and getting through the tour, training and getting fitness," added Ozil, who joined Arsenal from Real Madrid for £42.4m in 2013.

"I have always said that I feel very good at Arsenal."

So basically he's hung on to see if a top club comes in for him, then realised that nobody wants him, so now tells the world he always wanted to stay at Arsenal and will sign a new contract. 

If he is so happy at Arsenal and always intended on staying... Why the fuck didn't he sign a new contract in the first place? 

Arsenal should tell him that he's seriously regressed over the last 2 years and based on that we are cutting your wages in half, take it or leave it. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So basically he's hung on to see if a top club comes in for him, then realised that nobody wants him, so now tells the world he always wanted to stay at Arsenal and will sign a new contract. 

If he is so happy at Arsenal and always intended on staying... Why the fuck didn't he sign a new contract in the first place? 

Arsenal should tell him that he's seriously regressed over the last 2 years and based on that we are cutting your wages in half, take it or leave it. 

I seen your badge, did you lose a bet? xD

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He just wanted to see how much more money he could get out of pleading. As was the case with Wayne Rooney his wages priced him out of a move to another club where if they were lower more clubs would have pursued him.

57 minutes ago, Machado said:

Am I the only one who sees Giroud not looking happy at all in that clip?

Only yesterday he said he could be leaving.  It's a shame we could be losing him as a squad player...  He's nowhere near good enough to be a first teamer but he would be brilliant to have coming off the bench.

Finish was simple but a good run, not really something different we've seen from Giroud but if he can show that he can do that consistently while maybe pulling something out the bag which is what we need from a striker as just doing okay won't be much of an upgrade. The goal will help him settle though and gain confidence.

30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Alexis Sanchez has told Arsenal Football Club he would like to play in the Champions League. 

The he's at the right club if that's all he wants to do.  Maybe he won't be playing in it this season, but then again he can look at it all as a plus if his country qualifies for the World Cup as he will have rested a bit more.  If all he wants to do is PLAY in the Champions League, then Arsenal do a hell of a lot of that in all honesty.  Another thing is if he said he wants to play in a club challenging to win the Champions League.

Where else will he be allowed to be lazy and still have a sector of the fans think he's world class?

Where else will he be paid that amount of money for very sparse moments of incredible talent?

His decision is the best one for him and Arsenal are just simply that kind of club.

• Upvote 1

The term "lazy" being used is incredibly ignorant. Runs around more than Sanchez who shows bursts of energy and then usually doesn't move if the ball isn't near him. You can maybe call him inconsistently effective but saying "lazy" isn't actually something that holds up.

Good news and hopefully this does get done. A player underrated by the simple minded.

• Upvote 1

Not underrated at all. He's wanked off by the vast majority. I think he's a good player, but if Liverpool signed him I would be underwhelmed because he isn't consistent enough, has moments of brilliance every so often surrounded by shocking mediocrity.