talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

2 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

"I ask the board for four more players, I only get two, we lose at home to Huddersfield"

The four players claim was never reported coming from him, just like the endless links to players we would never sign. You can say a lot about Conte but that he makes excuses is not one of them.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

The four players claim was never reported coming from him, just like the endless links to players we would never sign. You can say a lot about Conte but that he makes excuses is not one of them.

He hasn't had a reason to need an excuse yet :ph34r:

Real Madrid are trying their hardest to help the sale of Gareth Bale get under way. Not that they're gonna undersell him in today's transfer fee climate, but they simply don't want him at all. Zidane certainly doesn't want him as it compromises everything about how he wants to setup his team. It was seen in the second half of the season where Real stuttered various times and when Bale was eternally injured he was able to use other players and other systems.

Only last night in their US tour preparing for the "El Clásico" meeting between themselves and Barcelona he publicly stated that the "BBC" (Benzema, Bale and Cristiano) won't necessarily be together in the coming season. When questioned about Bale (because Benzema is on course to sign a new contract extension) he said that he knows there's interest in him (Manchester United) and that if the money in today's current transfer fee climate is carried on that he wouldn't rule out something happening. Out of the three front men, Gareth Bale is the one the fans least want and out of the three he's the one that delivers least of all. 

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Damn. 

Bakayoko, Kante, Fabregas, Sanches. 

Definitely can get behind that going into the season. 

At this point we have Kante and Fabregas, Bakayoko won't be fit and we have Baker if he stays. Hope Bakayoko gets ready as soon as possible.

8 minutes ago, True Blue said:

At this point we have Kante and Fabregas, Bakayoko won't be fit and we have Baker if he stays. Hope Bakayoko gets ready as soon as possible.

Baker has been playing on wing this whole pre-season I think? 

And the whole Bakayoko not being fit was bollocks apparently, should be ready come the start of the season thankfully. 

We've given up on Keita and will try again next summer when he'll have a release clause. The worry there is Bayern Munich will compete for him - or other clubs want to bring him in. So then it will be a question of which club offers the most attractive prospect for his career + a fat pay packet.

Southampton are determined to keep Virgin Van Dijk and plan on reintegrating him with the squad after having him train alone because he threatened to go on strike. I'm more gutted about this one, Van Dijk would be a fantastic CB to partner Matip. He's the one player I've wanted us to sign all summer. I was gutted when we were forced to end our interest because of the tap up report, but the stories last week of how we might still get him gave me a bit of hope.

So that's two important targets we've missed out on. I certainly think we need to bring in reinforcements, however the prospect of wasting money in this insane market for players that aren't our top choice is pretty disheartening tbh.

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Chelsea apparently trying to hijack Milan's deal for Renato Sanches.

That makes no sense for Sanches.  He wants to leave Bayern because he can't get a game and is expecting game time wherever he moves.  How does he get any game time with Kante ,Fabregas, and Bakayoko,  not to mention Matic is still there?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

That makes no sense for Sanches.  He wants to leave Bayern because he can't get a game and is expecting game time wherever he moves.  How does he get any game time with Kante ,Fabregas, and Bakayoko,  not to mention Matic is still there?

Matic might leave. Sanches is much more attacking than those 3. I still want him to go Milan cos I think he'd get more game time there than at Chelsea. 

4 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Judging by Conte's recent statements, Matic is as good as gone. 

And we play with a two man midfield, sometimes three if we are going with two strikers up top. This worry that players won't get game time is a bit irrational, considering our midfield players all possess something unique about them. 

If he's worried about first team opportunities, than yeah his best bet is Milan. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Judging by Conte's recent statements, Matic is as good as gone. 

And we play with a two man midfield, sometimes three if we are going with two strikers up top. This worry that players won't get game time is a bit irrational, considering our midfield players all possess something unique about them. 

If he's worried about first team opportunities, than yeah his best bet is Milan. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Matic might leave. Sanches is much more attacking than those 3. I still want him to go Milan cos I think he'd get more game time there than at Chelsea. 

The other issue is Bayern you would expect would demand that he get a certain amount of minutes, otherwise what is the point of him going out on loan?   Unless of course Bayern have given up on him and want shut of him .  

1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

The other issue is Bayern you would expect would demand that he get a certain amount of minutes, otherwise what is the point of him going out on loan?   Unless of course Bayern have given up on him and want shut of him .  

We'd be looking for an option to buy I'd imagine. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

Milan had agreed to buy him for £40m I think. Then Chelsea came in with the same offer so he and his agent have some choosing to do...

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Milan had agreed to buy him for £40m I think. Then Chelsea came in with the same offer so he and his agent have some choosing to do...

Risky to buy him out right at the moment.  He looked great for Benfica, so he has the talent, but does he have everything else that is needed to reach his potential?  That is why a loan deal with your option is preferred.

• Subscriber

KHR had some public comments i posted in his Milan transfer thread. The long and the Short is KHR said he had a long talk with Sanches and he doesnt want to leave but he wants to play To which KHR echoed that sentiment. He also stated if Sanches goes it will be for a 1 year loan deal only. Could just be lobbying but if you take him at his word the Chelsea rumours make no sense.  

Did Liverpool even plan any additional alternatives to Keita or VVD? There's one thing going after your main target, but there's also having a plan B should things take a turn. Only time will tell I suppose, but if they don't and end up getting stop gap signings, Klopp should be furious. 

Archived